Do you aggre with selling and sharing your acount or are you against it?

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
So another thread has been derailed . go herehttp://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203630/new-skills-in-the-next-expansion#latest and read last comments on pages 6 and 7 and you will see what I mean .So I decided to start a poll now.So do you thing PW should get rid of the rule of no acounts sharing and selling allowed or keep it? Personally I am not against selling or trading your acount but Im kinda against the idea of sharing.
What will you do one day if the friend with your sharing an acount decide not to be your friend anymore?
Edit: PWI can make acount selling legal as long as it happens through them and they could take 10% or 20% of the money when the account is sold. I think this may be good for their bussines.
Edit: I dont encourage acount selling now when its illegal just wanted to know if people think that PWI should make it legal or not
giphy.gif

Do you aggre with selling and sharing your acount or are you against it? 11 votes

I aggre with sharing and selling acounts
63%
bloodedone87blazerboyeternalghostspackigerhaufendalessandro22jednickabooker27 7 votes
I am against sharing and selling acounts.
36%
shade13kittyempressaiamluckingfocoroge#5738 4 votes

Comments

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Spell check first onion-24.gif​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Regardless on players opinions this is part of the T&C of your Account with PWE.

In this case you are bound by this when you press accept.

I have no need to answer the Poll.​​
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Does it matter if people agree or are against it? Will not change reality.

The rule you mention is not enforceable. It is put there to scare off silly people, while mentioning admin's stance on such practices. Since admins will preffer that people comming in game pay more for the same results, no?

In any online game though, people will trade/share their accounts if/when they really want to. Most will not admit to it, for silly fears. Even if you somehow say OK I bought this account, are you liable in any way? Maybe a "friend of yours" used the computer while you were away and lied to get you ...

I think that the poll you made is pointless.

Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    I am against sharing and selling acounts.
    I voted no, but in fact I don't really care if they suddenly decide to allow it.
    I find it not convenient to share acc and don't do it. And it's a bit annoying to PM someone and get an answer "it's not him/her", though I can deal with it no problem.
    I can't stand the idea that if someone (even close friend) logged my acc, he would have access to my chat history which I prefer to keep. It's disrespectful to those who shared something personal with me using game chat.
    I like the idea even less when I see ppl trash talking from accounts of my friends.
    I'm probably weird and not many ppl think same way tiger-2.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    I voted for sharing. I'm not sure about selling, however for times when maybe you can't log in, and your willing to put your account in the hands of another, sharing can help out. Maybe there is a log in event going on and your on holiday, but don't want to lose out. I can see why they don't allow anything like that though. In other games I've played I've seen accounts that are shared by people across multiple time zones allowing for a 24 hour upkeep, which leads to a serious advantage to people who can't do that.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    The funny thing is that on PWCN there is an NPC where you can sell your character in a VIP auction house for real life money.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I agree with it so long as they removed that failsafe if you have the original email linked to account you can take it back. Im surprise alot if people don't know this when they try buying accounts illegally. I mean think about how ppl put their work emails and change the emaik when they are changing jobs they lose the original but if they lose access to the new one pwi ask info based on the original email to roll it back or nobody ever noticed Idk I felt bad for those who suffered from this technically
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    People that share accounts are usually close friends, family etc. that help each other out like when someone is away or too busy. I dont see any harm in that so i dont see why it should be bannable esp now when most people do it so banning someone for account sharing without banning the rest is unfair but if pwe would actually ban all the offenders then 90% of pwi players will be gone. I dont see anything wrong with selling or trading accounts either.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @booker27 pretty sure main reason ppl hate acc share is the same reason it was scorned on HL if someone couldnt kill you with their main they logged their friends to get the job done or if someone couldnt showbtw someone covered you by logging your endgane char to ensure your faction won. Personally I call it a cowards end but it was very present before server merge on PvP servers and Im sure its rampent now
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    This is a trap thread. Sharing and selling accounts is against ToS and can have you and the accounts involved banned. Closing this down.
This discussion has been closed.