Gold 6 mil on Etherblade server.

Options
bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
Gold has reached 6mil coins per 1 gold on Etherblade server. And you can buy it only from players selling it in wc cause no one sells gold in AH anymore.
Questions:
1 What is the gold price on the other 3 servers?
2 Can someone give me a reasonable explanation why the gold is 6mil ? Am I crazy if I simply call it greed? Or is it something else?
giphy.gif

Comments

• igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    Sochi's were being sold easily for around 1.95m on Tideswell... so about 7.8m?
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    igoplop said:

I am sorry but I dont understand your question.
    Are you asking me if gold is 7,8 mil on tideswell server or what?
    giphy.gif

• killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    When I logged-in today, people were already buying at 6.5m, while sellers were pushing 7m/Gold. (Etherblade)

I'd say it has, yes, a little bit of greed, but the main cause is, of course, the big inflation we have due to the long exploitation of bots 24/7, mirages, and DQ value.

You can see that PWI made efforts lately to mitigate the generation of coin. Bots are not worth anymore. Also, DQ and mirages value were nerfed. However, what they should do with all the HUGE trillions and trillions of coins generated by months, even years of exploitation?

We need a coin sink/cap/reset. I believe that a tasteful quantity of these people that u see buying stuffs at very expensive price (Gsts 30m+, Orb12 900m lol) or gold price 5m+ were past abusers, others are just catshoppers or farmers who benefited a bit with the big amount of coin circulating.

Merchanting today just pass on the money to other person, but the inflation still there. At this point, it won't go away by itself since our coin sinks are a joke for this economy situation.

The only we can do is let us hope that PWE/Wanmei come interfere in some way to make these coins disappear from the servers. This way, you will see 'normal' prices come back again since no one will be able to afford the rip off of today's.
  • killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options

igoplop said:

I am sorry but I dont understand your question.
    Are you asking me if gold is 7,8 mil on tideswell server or what?
    He said that by the price the this item (Sochi's chest that people are buying like crazy) gold price is set in 7.8m a piece over there (Tideswell).
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    About 8m atm on Twilight Temple.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    Ok since the gold prices on the other servers are that high too I'll start to believe is more than greed of Etherblade server players.
    giphy.gif

• elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    High chance pack on a very decent sale.
    People were spamming the packs, creating a high demand for gold = the high price of gold. Pretty sure price will drop back a lot within a few days. It's not just "greed". Prices get created by the demand and supply there is. The demand of gold was super high during these last 2 days with the pack sale, which creates a higher price. Honestly on Etherblade, the people who bought gold started with the price, not the ones selling.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    DawnGlory same situation

Isnt the selling gold outside of the AH banable or something?
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    beast21g said:

DawnGlory same situation

I dont know if its banable but even if it is PW cant ban everyone that sells and buy gold outside AH.
    giphy.gif

• elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g said:

DawnGlory same situation

I think just gold selling out of game is bannable, considering PWI broke the option to sell or buy gold in AH (yes putting a limit on there was dumb and now no one uses it anymore, therefore broke it). But don't think selling gold on WorldChat with the thought of gaining in game coin or items for it, is bannable. I mean everything stays in game, so that's legal right?
  • beast21g
    Options
    When you sell gold via AH you pay some silver for fee. The fee depends with the amount of gold you sell.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    6m - 6.5m on DG. I made a decent profit at least.​​
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    DawnGlory same situation

As long as it's entirely in-game, it's perfectly legit.​​

​​
  • beast21g
    Options
    No it's not cause outside the AH i can sell for example 50 gold. In AH i cant sell 50 gold i sell less cause the fee of the silver.
    Ok maybe i am wrong and someone more expert could answer.

Ty for your time
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    No it's not cause outside the AH i can sell for example 50 gold. In AH i cant sell 50 gold i sell less cause the fee of the silver.
    Ok maybe i am wrong and someone more expert could answer.

Ty for your time

What we mean by selling gold outside of AH is I go on WC saying "S> X amount of gold 6m ea. PM me." and then people tell me what they want out of the cash shop and I sell that to them.​​
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    Options
    I bought so much gold over the past couple days. Personally when I am looking to buy, I am an incredibly inpatient person, so I always overbid whatever the common price is, so maybe its all my fault xD Bwahahahaha. People wanna buy for 5.5m? I offer 6m, cause im an evil person >:D
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    Sochi packs at 75% off is why people were buying gold at 6-8m. If you sat on them long enough you could have bought gold at 12m and still made a profit.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I bought so much gold over the past couple days. Personally when I am looking to buy, I am an incredibly inpatient person, so I always overbid whatever the common price is, so maybe its all my fault xD Bwahahahaha. People wanna buy for 5.5m? I offer 6m, cause im an evil person >:D

How is that buying gold? That is offering a higher price for items that can be bought with gold, not really buying gold directly if you are paying for it outside of ah. There is no gold transfer in to your account that way.

But i do wonder, why are F2P players being denied the opportunity to buy the gold for themselves and spend it how they wish, rather than acquiring the items from another player? Gold might drop in price, but it will still be sold outside of ah.​​
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    jabq wrote: »

How is that buying gold? That is offering a higher price for items that can be bought with gold, not really buying gold directly if you are paying for it outside of ah. There is no gold transfer in to your account that way.

But i do wonder, why are F2P players being denied the opportunity to buy the gold for themselves and spend it how they wish, rather than acquiring the items from another player? Gold might drop in price, but it will still be sold outside of ah.
    This is part of the reason why the community is dying on all the servers. (I don't mean being less active, but that the core of what makes a community good is withering away.)
    All the good F2P players that supported the community are leaving in droves because it is no longer feasible for the average casual player to participate in the game. Thanks to the botting and overabundance of coin for those who have the time to farm and merchant, exacerbated by the increasing greed of those same people to drive prices higher and higher, the game is dying in it's soul.

Supply and demand you say, of course. The problem is that the only people meeting the demand are the same greedy people increasing the base supply of gold. The rich just keep going and the poor casual players are left to either pony up hard earned cash, or leave for something with a better base system that doesn't allow exploiting players in this fashion.

I quit spending money on this game for two reasons. 1. I cannot really afford to be wasting hard earned cash on pixels. 2. I'm not going to support a company that obviously doesn't care about supporting it's players. (That statement has nothing to do with the gold price, but with the support team itself.)
    If the community continues in the fashion of greed, exploits, and e-peen brah attitude, I'll be gone entirely.​​

​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    community is dying due to the big gap between endgame and new starters ... goldprice has little to do with that.......

normal play has for quite some while been dead in this game. and with normal game, i mean do quests, do dungeons together, pick drops, and have some profit at the end of the day. games not working like that anymroe, since first anni sale...

and devaluation of dq ... which was a major part of normal players income , just to be able to play normally.

i know is kinda offtopic... just wanted to point out, missing customer numbers,,, wouldnt directly have to correlate to high gold prices. more the overwhelming amount of time required on a daily basis
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Housing system will greatly sink coins if pwi don't directly and cheaply sell G17 stuffs in BQ ( so far, not in pwcn BQ)

you need to put hundreds millions to billions upgrade your housing system if you want G17R5 ( but G17 stuffs from housing system is non-tradable)

Also, G17 FB will let ppl farm FB again, different G17 stuffs drop, cheap stuffs and gold stuffs. These stuffs are tradable, just like TT. Better don't sq with unknow alts in case they pick gold stuff and log out, lol.

However, gold price depends Csers base, if CSers become too less and quit faster than gold sink, the gold price will keep high

Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I've been checking things out and you guys are right, inflation has become a huge issue. As a company we try not to mess with the in game economy too much. Doing so leads to some pretty disastrous results. However, I have been looking around for more opportunities to create some relief to the pressure that the gold economies are creating. In addition the players I meet in game have also lended some pretty interesting ideas as to what we can do.

Stay tuned Because I think I am formulating a plan. ;)

• arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    Options

I've been checking things out and you guys are right, inflation has become a huge issue. As a company we try not to mess with the in game economy too much. Doing so leads to some pretty disastrous results. However, I have been looking around for more opportunities to create some relief to the pressure that the gold economies are creating. In addition the players I meet in game have also lended some pretty interesting ideas as to what we can do.

come on @thenamesdomino you guys try not to mess with the in game economy ? then why they got us auto cultivation?
    and since day one players asked pwi to remove it and pwi ignore them and then after 1 year when the mission accomplished pwi nerf the DQ price

well the only way to fix this issue is to bring a gear or a weapon engrave or new gears upgrade with a good fees AND not items from boutique or PACKS.

update the pwi boutique Agent since its outdated with new items that old players need, that it will cost money not items from packs

when players can afford to pay 12 bil coins for an item and your BH reward is 5 mil if you lucky then u need to know that there is something wrong in your game.

• sylenthunder
    Options

come on @thenamesdomino you guys try not to mess with the in game economy ? then why they got us auto cultivation?
    and since day one players asked pwi to remove it and pwi ignore them and then after 1 year when the mission accomplished pwi nerf the DQ price

well the only way to fix this issue is to bring a gear or a weapon engrave or new gears upgrade with a good fees AND not items from boutique or PACKS.

update the pwi boutique Agent since its outdated with new items that old players need, that it will cost money not items from packs

when players can afford to pay 12 bil coins for an item and your BH reward is 5 mil if you lucky then u need to know that there is something wrong in your game.
    Auto-Cultivation was introduced in PW-CN and then came to PWE. Why they legalized botting is beyond my comprehension, because botting was the main reason for the price nerfs on DQ items and mob drops. The issue here is we are asking PWE about removing it, and it's PW-CN/Wanmei that develops the game. Also, DQ prices were nerfed long before we had Auto-Culitvation.

The next gear upgrade in PW-CN comes from the housing system, and is not available in the boutique with gold at all. It's entirely farmed. Time will only tell if we will ever see it though. The housing system will require a considerable expense of new hardware to support the maps, and we were always told we wouldn't see it in our version. They said they'd never merge the servers, and that housing would never appear in the F2P version of the game also though.​​

​​
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    High level DQ items werent nerfed before we had Auto Cultivation. Were nerfed a year after that. Only low lvl dq items were nerfed before that. People were making huge amount of money auto cultivating in momaganon or lothranis and at the end they just npc dq items. Keep in mind that a average sin with aps gear +5 was making 100 dq items per hour minimum and that when it wasnt 2x on. That was like 200k coins. Add to that 300k of coins drop and there you have 500k per hour. Since it was no earning time the sin was able to bot 24 hours. Thats 12 mil coins per day. 84 mil in a week. 336 mil in a month. And since people werent grinding with just 1 toon and also they werent grinding with just average aps sin. I remember r9r3+12 auto cultivating. Some people were making bilions per week.
    giphy.gif

• kmnsenpai
    kmnsenpai Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    Well, i'm from Etherblade server, and i can give a reason of why gold's price became higher:
    While GST were on sale, gold was about 4-5m each, and if my math is not bad, the price of 1 GST must have been 10-12.5m (25 silver for 1k chips, so 1 GST= 2.5gold). Unfortunately, i saw people selling them for 15+m each, and the saddest part of this is that it means that only CS people got a real profit on black friday. My Question is: Who is to blame now that gold is 6-7m each? the greedy people that were selling stuff for an unfair price, or the impatient people that already knew it but bought them anyway?
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    15 mil GST is a lower price compared with 20 mil per GST we gor a couple of months ago.And thats because they took out chips from boutique and sell directly GST with 6 gold at first than lowered to 4 golds.
    The ones that are buying gold at 6-7 mil are people who are standing on tons of coins. You can thank that to pw inflation. People have so much coins that spending 6-7 mil per gold feels like spending 1 mil per gold.
    giphy.gif

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    How about reduce the prices of items that can be purchased in the faction base? A base could be a good coin sink if items that were sold through it weren't so expensive.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options

I do hope you take this inflation seriously. As @sylenthunder said, the core f2p are becoming disillusioned and leaving. I have not merchanted anything for the past year since gold could not be bought in ah. I do not do daily stuff. I only take part in trials because that is only fun thing left for me to do with faction. I have always told people to merchant or farm gear because it can be done easily. After the gold price hike, i keep my mouth shut.

If crown of madness could be bought from a npc for 10billion coins and gold was available from the auction house. I would buy that crown. If the crown sells for 6 billion coins, but there is no gold to be bought in the ah, i can not buy the crown, since i have no incentive to earn the coins to gain the spend rewards that will help me improve my gear.

Just go give you an idea, there is a reward system in game that players who are not online for 20 days, you get a reward by sending them a mail. I have enough people on my list, that there is only 1 day when i do not have 5 people to send out the reward to. Before when gold was available in the ah, all those players used to log on at least to do tw if nothing else.

Not to sound rude, but let's hope your plan works when you think of it, otherwise the core players will be basically cash shoppers.​​
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    jabq wrote: »

I do hope you take this inflation seriously. As @sylenthunder said, the core f2p are becoming disillusioned and leaving. I have not merchanted anything for the past year since gold could not be bought in ah. I do not do daily stuff. I only take part in trials because that is only fun thing left for me to do with faction. I have always told people to merchant or farm gear because it can be done easily. After the gold price hike, i keep my mouth shut.

If crown of madness could be bought from a npc for 10billion coins and gold was available from the auction house. I would buy that crown. If the crown sells for 6 billion coins, but there is no gold to be bought in the ah, i can not buy the crown, since i have no incentive to earn the coins to gain the spend rewards that will help me improve my gear.

Just go give you an idea, there is a reward system in game that players who are not online for 20 days, you get a reward by sending them a mail. I have enough people on my list, that there is only 1 day when i do not have 5 people to send out the reward to. Before when gold was available in the ah, all those players used to log on at least to do tw if nothing else.

Not to sound rude, but let's hope your plan works when you think of it, otherwise the core players will be basically cash shoppers.

And when all that's left is the CS'ers, then the game is basically dead. Because when the people with all the money have everything they need, what is left?

Yep. One big fat empty nothing.

I heard someone doing the math on it the other day, and they basically found that based on averages, and boutique prices, Gold should be sitting around 600k each. This doesn't count player-induced inflation of course.​​