Really PWI? Robot?

Options
bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
I thought this is a fantasy game not a SF one.

And here is the article:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9669123-new-boutique-items-and-spend-rewards

Wasnt it bad enough that people could ride a motorcycle now we got this Battlebot.
What's next? An UFO as flyers for barb and venos or seekers and mystic? Or maybe new classes Terminator and Robocop? Or maybe new veno pet Optimus Prime.
giphy.gif

Comments

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    You know... a battlebot is kinda a fantasy no? you dont have to get it when you dont like it.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    Yea it seems pretty stupid but just them motorbikes we probably won't see too many y of them.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Options
    Considering that one the of pets needed for veno's oncoming ulti was translated as "battle droids", Kitty wouldn't really wonder anymore if venos really got a new legendary pet like that.tiger-27.gif​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    razzzza said:

You know... a battlebot is kinda a fantasy no? you dont have to get it when you dont like it.​​

Yes, but I do have to look at it when someone else does get one. Stupid junk like this breaks the immersion of the game.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    You know... a battlebot is kinda a fantasy no? you dont have to get it when you dont like it.

Yes, but I do have to look at it when someone else does get one. Stupid junk like this breaks the immersion of the game.

Lol what immersion?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    It's a **** mecha. I want one.​​
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I actually kinda like it/ want one.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Oh man... I wish I had that as a damage pet for my veno!
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Options
    perrion said:

razzzza said:

And the fact that everyone runs around in modern clothes does not?
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    In fact isn't this game more futuristic when you think about? We have a time travel machine (chrono wheel), teleportation (Tele masters) text messaging ( whisper chat/FL chat), can talk to alternate dimensions ( cross server via cross server horns), broadcasting ( telecustics), personalized flying machines, cure all medicines (pots) and that's all I can think of for now
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ehh, I don't like machas so this pet isn't to my liking. I have to agree this pet is very, very out of place, too. On the other hand, we have motorbikes, lighter-catshops, fashion weapons (Assassins stabbing with peppers!) and a lot of modern fashion. I think the immersion is as good as you make it be. ​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options

In fact isn't this game more futuristic when you think about? We have a time travel machine (chrono wheel), teleportation (Tele masters) text messaging ( whisper chat/FL chat), can talk to alternate dimensions ( cross server via cross server horns), broadcasting ( telecustics), personalized flying machines, cure all medicines (pots) and that's all I can think of for now

Teleportation, time travel, potions were also part of fantasy world since forever while robots were from SF universe. the other things you mentioned are part of the chat and not part of game content. And it has to be this way cause its fast comunication and also flying owls to deliver mesages between players will cost alot and take time.
    Its ok that some people like robots in PWI but I personally dont. I just have to deal with it everytime I 'll see one the same way I deal with it when I see someone riding a bike.
    Probably next in PW people will be able to build skyscrapers using housing system and TW and NW will become Monster Truck or NFS.
    giphy.gif

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options

I thought this is a fantasy game not a SF one.

And here is the article:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9669123-new-boutique-items-and-spend-rewards

Wasnt it bad enough that people could ride a motorcycle now we got this Battlebot.
    What's next? An UFO as flyers for barb and venos or seekers and mystic? Or maybe new classes Terminator and Robocop? Or maybe new veno pet Optimus Prime.

I do agree that is a bit out of place but considering that Bike im not really surprised, also just as Kitty said the new skill that venos gonna have need some battle droid so is nothing really so amazing.
    Also seekers/mystics already have a flyer that is some sort of zeppelin, while it doesn't look as SF as that Robot, I must say that in my opinion It's definitely not something magical or ancient like this game. I think sins and archer also have machine like flyers.

But I guess is true, I do agree that once in a while they release out of place content :D

Also.... Im the only one that see that robot as mix of Gundam+Transformer+ those mechas from Xenosaga + some other mech that I dont remember.... kind of a cheap imitation of all those but on a small size :p
    Still looks cool I guess

• orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Options
    From now on, anyone who uses the argument "they won't put X in the game because it's not in Chinese lore" instantly and permanently loses all credibility.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    Tbh the only time I was immersed in this game was like when I was on my first character lvl 45 running around some hills killing mobs for quests with the PWI music on and three friends on my FL.

Pet looks weird af, but sure why not. I think more people want the G16 ring than the cape.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    orangeitis wrote: »
    From now on, anyone who uses the argument "they won't put X in the game because it's not in Chinese lore" instantly and permanently loses all credibility.

When it comes to pets, mounts and flyers, a lot of them don't fit it.
    When it comes to playable characters, I doubt we'll ever see a mecha class in here.

Unless timetravel to the future loophole.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.