Psychic vs. Stormbringer /comparison/advantages/PVE/PVP/

iky90
iky90 Posts: 19 Arc User
Hi! ^^

First of all, I want to apologize, if this kind of thread has already been made. If so, please reffer me to it. ^^ ... though I searched the forums, and googled it (maybe not effectively), and couldn't find one entirely devoted to comparison. :'(

Now, as for the question ... I was wondering, could any experienced players, tell me about the potential advantages of psychics over stormbringers, PVE and PVP - wise. I am interested in both.

And also, since I never noticed anyone talking about it (again, correct me if I am wrong), after wizards with 30m, psychic have the highest magical range of 28.5, so basically, ... is it 1,5m more then Stormbringers? If we're talking about the battles (not sure in practice, but in theory) there will be a split of a second chance of them being in ours range, and us not in theirs. - just something I'd like to see discussed a bit. - though not sure how relevant it is with them being able to move while casting certain skills, but still xD

I want to thank everyone who'll give an opinion about this in advance. Being a mainly pve psy myself, I'm more interested in the "advantages" part, though pvp tips about how to most effectively fight will be most welcomed too. ^^

... now all that's left is to hope that some psychics still remained on the forums xD
You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.

Comments

• iky90
    iky90 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    oook xD ... I did some research and since this part of the forum is dead I shall point at some things:

1. We have a higher range - meaning, their ability to run while casting means nothing; there will always be a small gap where they are in our range but we aren't in theirs : P

2. SOR negates their stunning skill 'cause they too will be stunned; ofc they have that antistun skill, but then again, there are pots available, genie skills etc. Just saying, SOR matters - especially if they want to open with a stun

3. Speaking of stuns we can stun back pretty welll, EV for example (their antistun skill doesn't last forever); SOS should also be mentioned

5. We have the amazing benefits out of soulforce; procs with maxed soulforce ... well, it will require some major adapting for them

6. Most of their AOEs are in a straight line / triangle shaped ... so Psychics remain kings of AOEs still

7. We will ALWAYS have 25 atack lvls (if sage) more than them, equally geared, so that should also be taken into consideration when comparing damage. And O' Malley blessing negates the def. lvl drop (not counting the gear as well)

8. PVP related, vigors, both of them, can mean difference between wining and losing

9. Disturb Soul (especially with a new update, which will also include some damage) can seriously disturb their perfect channeling

... more might come :3
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.
  • nyvbc1
    nyvbc1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    In many other MMORPGs, the ability to cast while moving (hence, the ability to kite) is huge! It remains to be seen if that will be the case in PWI, but it's a very nice ability.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    nyvbc1 wrote: »
    In many other MMORPGs, the ability to cast while moving (hence, the ability to kite) is huge! It remains to be seen if that will be the case in PWI, but it's a very nice ability.
    I've heard rumors that they plan to add the feature to the other classes in a future update. Haven't seen in in the China betas yet though.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!