helllo im still new to venomancer

demonsouls#1197
demonsouls#1197 Posts: 30 Arc User
i been following this guide here and i tooke edvice from others and got the cloud skatefish,turtle and glacial walker and was wonder what type of armor to work towards since im a pure magic venomancer and i heard type like AA and others,i would like help moving forward since i do love this class

pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Arcane_Venomancer's_Guide_to_Skills

Comments

• cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    The wiki isn't the most up-to-date thing in the world, but it's still decent advice.

If you're pure magic, you'll use arcane armor. I'd recommend physical defense necklace and belt. I like magic rings for my veno, but physical rings are fine too if you refine them for the defense. As for a weapon, any of the four magic weapons will do, but I'd say avoid wands.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • demonsouls#1197
    i see venos using staffs im guessing everytime i pass one in arch is that avaliable later on
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    That's the Pataka. It's a common veno weapon, so are the Glaives. You'll have a lot of choices once you hit 60.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • demonsouls#1197
    ah thanks i been using the magic swords that you get with quest and was dtarting to not like the channling -3
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    ah thanks i been using the magic swords that you get with quest and was dtarting to not like the channling -3

-chan is something you want. =) It decreases the amount of time it takes to cast spells. The glaives usually have a good -chan on them. I don't recall about the pataka's off the top of my head, but they tend to have a higher damage index.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Basically what Sylen said. You definitely want -Chan. Faster attacks and faster pet heals. Most end game venos tend to go with patakas, but as long as you're not using a wand, you should be fine. Wands just don't offer a very big high end magic attack. Still, if you really like wands or find one with good stats, it's not "wrong" to use one.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • demonsouls#1197
    edited November 2015
    ah i see well i just getting royal arm then start craft my own armor soon and weapons thanks for the info and i didnt know -3 was good i thought it increased the casting time my bad