The forum.

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
What the hell they did with the forum now?
giphy.gif

Comments

• armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    They limited the size of some signatures... Lol
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Hmmm I kinda like it
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• bloodedone87
    Not that. but now mine is **** up. I cant see part of some texts in the right of my screen. When I write like now it moves by himself but when I read someome text it doesnt move.
    giphy.gif

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    the forum looks like a mess right now and i cant even read everything properly because everything looks the same kinda o0​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator

What the hell they did with the forum now?

Well glad I'm not the only one thinking that...
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    They changed the default code. If you're using the enhance themes, they're kinda broken atm.

Not having any issues with vanilla.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    so how i switch on vanilla?
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    Vanilla is the default. You turn off the enhancement if you are using it.

If you aren't using the enhancement, then you're already on Vanilla settings.

Maybe a screenshot of your issue? I don't see anything like what you're describing.​​

​​
  • razzzza
    edited October 2015
    So the forum looks like this atm and thats so... blant and you cant see which threads you checked already and which not. Its horrible atm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4147/e849wvwx_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4147/bie99azh_jpg.htm​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    The thing is I have no idea if Im using the enhancements or not :'(
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    Ok, your screenshots are the new theme they changed today. That looks perfectly normal. I do agree that I do not like being able to easily glance to see what I haven't read. Especially on the main forum list. You can easily see what you haven't read though by the "New" tags. Anything above a thread with a "New" tag that isn't tagged likely means you haven't read it at all. Except in the Announcements at the top.

I'm just waiting for the enhance theme guys to get their themes sorted to this update so I can go back to enjoying Pro Red.

Earlier you had stated, "I cant see part of some texts in the right of my screen. When I write like now it moves by himself but when I read someome text it doesnt move."
    I'm not seeing that issue at all.​​

​​
  • razzzza
    yea i disabled the enhancer for the moment and its fine now.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    And how the hell do I take a screenshot? Sorry I only use my laptop to play games and surfing web I dont know much things.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    edited October 2015
    I find out how to take a screenshot and here it is how it looks like the forum on my laptop:

giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    And this is what I meant I cant see part of the text in my right part of screen

giphy.gif

• razzzza
    i think the aimed resolution for the forum is for like 1080p (full HD) and you are below it. only thing i can imagine happening here.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    1280x1024 is what like 95% of the websites are aimed at these days. If you're smaller than that, you need to upgrade.​​

​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I'm confused and afraid.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2015

I'm confused and afraid.​​

So is your signature, it seems

edit; oh boy they switched to simple html editor?
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    dblazen1 wrote: »

edit; oh boy they switched to simple html editor?

Yeah I don't even know I'm trying to fix it >_>​​
  • bloodedone87
    edited October 2015

1280x1024 is what like 95% of the websites are aimed at these days. If you're smaller than that, you need to upgrade.​​

But if all websites I visit daily I see them normal do I still need to upgrade? Only the PW forum I see it this way. The arc website and PWI website I can see it normal.

giphy.gif

• razzzza
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    I'm confused and afraid.

Where do you think we are?... *throws scrubs scene in here*

@bloodedone87 what resolution is your desktop?
    When its over 1280x1024 you should be fine but i think they messed up and made the forum for like 1920x1080 because.. who doesnt have this resolution yet? common mouse-1.gif
    Im running on 2560x1440 and have huge blocks of nothingness on each side so i just assume you have a way lower resolution then the average user has.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    edited October 2015
    My resolution is says it is 1024x 768. Thats what it says at Properties: 1024x 768 pixels.
    Edit: it didnt change but somehow, I dont know how I did it I can move the page left and right so now I can read the entire text not just a part of it. Ty everyone for your answers.
    This is what I am talking about when i say I can move it to left and right

Post edited by bloodedone87 on
    giphy.gif

• razzzza
    1024x768 huh? 2001 called they want their resolution back mouse-2.gif

just kidding but consider upgrading your computer or laptop or whatever.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    razzzza said:

1024x768 huh? 2001 called they want their resolution back mouse-2.gif

just kidding but consider upgrading your computer or laptop or whatever.​​

Dont worry. Probably I would have made the same joke if I were you...
    I know I need to change it. Im using windows XP also but shhss dont tell anyone else.
    It wasnt my original laptop either. MY PC broked and It was imposible for me or anyone else to repair it and they told me I better get a new one. Than I got this laptop for free. And when you get free things you cant put conditions. I didnt care how new or old it was or that it was using WindowS XP or newer version( newer version at that time when I get it: kinda 2 years ago). As long as I could have watch movies, surfing web and play a game or 2 i was happy
    giphy.gif

• razzzza
    Fair enough :)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    But if all websites I visit daily I see them normal do I still need to upgrade? Only the PW forum I see it this way. The arc website and PWI website I can see it normal.
    A lot of websites will scale their size based on the side of your window, or you'll see scrollbars. You won't see many forums scaling down though.

1024x768 is the industry standard for backwards compatibility. Mainly it's for your grandma* who hasn't upgraded her PC since 10 years ago, and needs the bigger text from a low resolution.

*Not all grandma's are included in this statement. Mine fought the technology tooth and nail. Then when she caved in, she loved it, and in 6 months was building her own scrapbooking website.​​

​​
  • bloodedone87

A lot of websites will scale their size based on the side of your window, or you'll see scrollbars. You won't see many forums scaling down though.

1024x768 is the industry standard for backwards compatibility. Mainly it's for your grandma* who hasn't upgraded her PC since 10 years ago, and needs the bigger text from a low resolution.

*Not all grandma's are included in this statement. Mine fought the technology tooth and nail. Then when she caved in, she loved it, and in 6 months was building her own scrapbooking website.​​

My grandma fights chickens, cows, pigs and she makes a very tasty cheese and apple pie.
    And ofcourse she doesnt know how to use a smarthphone or to open a PC.
    But I teached her to use remote control to open TV and change chanels.
    giphy.gif

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    woah forums look wonky now. Is pwi really investing their time into making the forums look, in my opinion weird/worse, rather than investing time into fixing bugs/talking to china, etc.?

Also, @asterelle it seems that the "better posts" enhance is making the forums messed up, like stuff is overlapping all over the place.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?