[Complete] Special Contest for Those Who Have Played PWI for 7 Years!

Comments

• rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Why does it say "10 Years" on the 7-year anniversary reward. Did you guys jack this off some other game?
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    Account got created at 2nd September 2008
    Frist (deleted toon) got created at 2nd September 2008
    Second toon got created at 3rd September 2008
    Name: GreenLight
    Server: Twilight Tempel

Picture: Sorry, can only use my laptop and Paint right now.

Weapon: I did never change the look of my cleric. I could easily get a better weapon, but better weapons wouldn't be a green light.

Fahsion: I got the boots and pants for 2nd or 3rd anniverary, I don't remember exactrly. First color was green = "thx PWE, I'll keep that".

Flyer: I always kept my first "Wings of Winged Elves" because I'm a Swabian: I once level'd up "Flight Mastery" to 10 and the coins would be wasted if I wouldn't use the original wings.

Look: I explored a big part of Perfect World at first day with my first character.
    I recognized that the dominating color of "City of the Plume" is green and in my imagination the elves there are a kind of native Wood-elves.
    That's why I created a green character: clerics/healers arn't attackers and should be able to disguise themselves while curing their defenders.

Best memory:
    My second last RPG before I played PWI was "Might and Magic: Darkside of Xeen" in 1995. Twelve years later I played Oblivion - and it was an "omgwtf" experience.
    The difference was extreme. The graphic was amazing, the "realism" was stunning. The only thing I missed was interaction with other people.

After checking out many MMORPGs I finally installed PWI. With no doubt it had best character customization of all MMOs at this time. The landscapes were not "cute" or too "feminine" and the characters and creatures had no
    big manga/doggy eyes.

My best memory from that time is the spirit of the people. I started on Lost City server, a PvP server. We were able to hurt each other, but the huge majoity didn't. RPK was an ability, but the community didn't accept it.
    (ofc a very small bunch of boys admired themselves for beeing antisocial, but that's it). People were able to steal drops, but most didn't. And those who did, got rejected, got kicked out of factions, got deleted from friend lists and ignored by the community.
    One strike, out. At this time it was all about your reputation. Which wasn't purchasable. Every time I logged in I got pm'ed by a bunch of people. Which needed a barbarian or a healer for FBs or one of the bosses all over the word map.

There is no singular best experience. I remember a eleven year old Vietnamese boy which had second highest level of my first faction (way higher than average). When our leader decided to disband the faction after ~4months he started to cry and told us that he doesn't want to lose his family.
    I remember a 13 year old boy from Guatemala who stood up every day at 4am to play for almost 2h PWI. He lived in a small village and had to walk to school for 1.5h after the PWI sessions. A teenager from Chicago told me once that he prefers to play PWI 10+h per day instead of going outside because he doesn't want to get shooted.
    I remember a 15 year old egyptian girl which had a toon which always walked around with "****" clothes. She wanted to act out phantasies this way, till she got married.

I also got memories about PvE situations: In my 20s I did teleport after death to "Dragon's End" and saw 50+ mobs around me. And thought "omg there is no way to pass this blockade. will anyone ever reach this level and be able to fight this huge army of mobs?".
    Later on I explored the swamps. Some characters with glowing weapons did fight the overpowered mobs below me. And a Venomancer with a Hercules did tank a mini world boss. I watched it for 20-30mins till the mini wb died, saw the huge amount of mobs and though "damn, I should make a veno and become rich too.." (Unfortunately I didn't).

Over the years the community changed. Now it's not important anymore to ask who you are. Or where you are comming from. And if they ask you, it's most likely because you are playing a female character and they are aiming directly for dates or "video dates".
    People are not shy anymore but also don't want to get familiar with each other. Look at the popular youtubers: they are loud, extroverted, shrill, rouged ADHD kids. That's what the mass wants in 2015. Seven years is even not a big period of time. But in 2015 the average phone seems to be smarter than the average owner.
    The average folk which did only watch TV 7-20 years ago is online now.

In 2008 virtual worlds, PWI included, were spots for people which wanted to escape to other worlds. Where they are wanted, where they are needed. Where nothing really matters, except your behavior.

I'm waiting now for a next step. Maybe it will take twelve years again, or even more. Next big step has to be a whole body experience. Either this, or I'll just got outside - or even start reading books again. Offline.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    rocky19 wrote: »
    Why does it say "10 Years" on the 7-year anniversary reward. Did you guys jack this off some other game?

wanmei made that for theirs and sent some over here. IT's been 10 years since this game existed on the PWCN side.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beleaua
    beleaua Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    damn thos was old good memories with the base classes my acc. was created in 11/27/2008 but my main was created later on and is a sin call'd Tigrisoru (bm on sword was the power)
  • thundercleas
    thundercleas Posts: 22 Arc User

my favorite memory was getting my first mount (the anniversary mount) and riding it through Land of Buried Bones to level it. me and my friend both did this for days cus it was fun dodging the mobs and watching our mounts slowly get faster as they leveled.

the picture shows my favorite fash, the first anniversary Fash that was given out.

main character: rjwashere - Dreamweaver

• darkanubis08
    darkanubis08 Posts: 3 Arc User
    sept 2008 HellSlayer ,barb,, lost city server ,quit do to health problems,moved to RT ,TOO many spoiled azz kids ,,moved to DW ,,FOUND A HOME ,main toon there TooIs , bm seen alot of changes though out the yrs .
    memory moment ,learning how to play all over again ,1 handed ,and still play to this day
    HOW EVER DO MISS ALL THE GOOD OLD PK DAYS !!!
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Character: Kniraven
    (created in 2008, and still my main)

Original Server: Lost City
    Current Server: Twilight Temple

Contest Entry, w/ favorite fashion

TITLE: The Proposal
    2znzbpk.jpg
    My Favorite Memory: I met Taylor in 2009 when she joined my faction, Knights. I was 19, she was 15. Back then I knew her only as Ilyania the venomancer. We didn't interact much. She was one of many faction members and other than grouping up to assist each other in game or working together in Territory Wars we didn't talk. She was much closer with my real life friend Sylvia, who played Zirania the venomancer, my director.

I was in a long term relationship, which ended poorly in early 2011. Afterward I took a break from the game. When I returned in late 2012, Ilyania and I started talking again. She had grown from an awkward teen into a beautiful young woman. She confessed to that she had always had a bit of a crush on me. I hadn't been willing to enter a relationship in the past year but I took interest. She was now 19, the age I'd been when i first met her. I was 23.

January 31st 2013, we began dating online. On February 14th we married in PWI. She was the only girl I'd ever agreed to date without meeting them in person. It was strange for me. In May, I fixed that. I flew from my home in northern California to hers in central Michigan. We spent a week together and it was bliss. Imagine relaxing in a 5 star hotel, laying in bed together, 2 Laptops and your favorite MMO. ;)

Throughout the next 2 years we visited back and forth, flying across the U.S. to see each other for weeks and in once case a month at a time. Our relationship continued both in game and out. She became director of Knights. Early this year in 2015, she moved to California.

Ages 26 and 22, we now live together in a large 3 bedroom house. Our 2 room mates play PWI as well; they too are Knights.

Knights has 4 couples who met on PWI and now live together.

Happy Anniversary!

pig-1.gifI'd also like to post another screenshot in honor of our PWI anniversary.
    My faction, Knights of 2008.

This is our 7 year anniversary as well, being the oldest active & competitive faction on PWI.
    This picture is from a simpler time, when faction icons, 6 of our game's 12 classes, and all but our beloved piggy smileys did not exist.

knights1.png​​
    Post edited by daymond on
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Ok, here's an oldie.

2009-02-10%2019-11-19.png

Character: SylenThunder
    Still my main character to this day.
    Just hanging out with my bud achiles, who was one of the top BM's on the server at the time. (Early 2009)

I'm wearing my first, and favorite fashion, the Striders Vestment. That's blue, I now have black, charcoal grey, and a darker navy as well. Also have my first pet sitting out.

Choosing was pretty hard. Even after losing thousands of photos in a hard drive crash a few years ago, my collection of images totals almost 3,000. I considered using something newer, like form my "BBing in all the wrong places" collection, but decided to choose something from the first year of the game instead.

Looking through these photos really takes you back to how the game used to be, and how it's developed.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    This is my HA account and the R999 Barbarian is my main character.

I had to rename my barbarian recently because he got the suffix "LC".

I named him Prehistorik, because all the other 14 characters on this account are named after DOS games too and this name fits for a Barbarian in my opinion.

My best "barb experience" was the tideborn release. I created an Assassin and perma-killed every single nix-veno which killed me over the years by "stealth-2spark-headhunt-shadow-escape combo" and avenged my barb this way.
    They even didnt see who dealt the damage in their damage log :smiley:

Maybe my second best "barb experience" was NW release. I got rich very fast, got very fast R999 for free and went to NW with Demon Roar and Berserker's Wrath (say "good bye" to your aps toon and flying caster :smiley:)

• giuliarch
    giuliarch Posts: 9 Arc User

Character name: BabyDoIl
    Server: Tideswell (previously Dreamweaver)

This account was created on December 14th, 2008, but this is not my first toon in it. My first toon was a cleric which I deleted after the Tideborn classes came in.
    I can't choose a favorite among the coolest mounts on PWI, but I took a screenshot on the Chronobike mount because it matches my sin's outfit and it makes a cool motorbike sound B)

7 years playing a game is not a short time; there's so many memories to choose from... many friendships I've made, dungeons I've challenged, quests completed... I guess my best memory from the past 7 years playing PWI was my very first one, in Battlemark Village when it all started, where my first toon, a cleric, was born; a whole new world in front of me, scary and unpredictable Verdant Qingfus and Ogre Sprouts :p and no clue on what to do! Everything was a new discovery, and looking back at this memory makes me see where I am now, how much I have learned and conquered not only in the game, but how much I have grown personally as well. I am very thankful to PWI for all of the amazing people I've met in game who later became my best friends in real life; also for the people that went away without saying goodbye, because every one of them left something in me which changed me a little bit, hopefully for the best :)

• joeisyourhero
    joeisyourhero Posts: 16 Arc User
    daymond said:

Character: Kniraven

(created in 2008, and still my main)

Original Server: Lost City

Current Server: Twilight Temple

Contest Entry, w/ favorite fashion

TITLE: The Proposal

2znzbpk.jpg

My Favorite Memory: I met Taylor in 2009 when she joined my faction, Knights. I was 19, she was 15. Back then I knew her only as Ilyania the venomancer. We didn't interact much. She was one of many faction members and other than grouping up to assist each other in game or working together in Territory Wars we didn't talk. She was much closer with my real life friend Sylvia, who played Zirania the venomancer, my director.

I was in a long term relationship, which ended poorly in early 2011. Afterward I took a break from the game. When I returned in late 2012, Ilyania and I started talking again. She had grown from an awkward teen into a beautiful young woman. She confessed to that she had always had a bit of a crush on me. I hadn't been willing to enter a relationship in the past year but I took interest. She was now 19, the age I'd been when i first met her. I was 23.

January 31st 2013, we began dating online. On February 14th we married in PWI. She was the only girl I'd ever agreed to date without meeting them in person. It was strange for me. In May, I fixed that. I flew from my home in northern California to hers in central Michigan. We spent a week together and it was bliss. Imagine relaxing in a 5 star hotel, laying in bed together, 2 Laptops and your favorite MMO. ;)

Throughout the next 2 years we visited back and forth, flying across the U.S. to see each other for weeks and in once case a month at a time. Our relationship continued both in game and out. She became director of Knights. Early this year in 2015, she moved to California.

Ages 26 and 22, we now live together in a large 3 bedroom house. Our 2 room mates play PWI as well; they too are Knights.

Knights has 4 couples who met on PWI and now live together.

Happy Anniversary!

pig-1.gifI'd also like to post another screenshot in honor of our PWI anniversary.

My faction, Knights of 2008.

This is our 7 year anniversary as well, being the oldest active & competitive faction on PWI.

This picture is from a simpler time, when faction icons, 6 of our game's 12 classes, and all but our beloved piggy smileys did not exist.

knights1.png​​
    this is beautiful

• joeisyourhero
    joeisyourhero Posts: 16 Arc User

Ok, here's an oldie.

2009-02-10%2019-11-19.png

Character: SylenThunder

Still my main character to this day.

Just hanging out with my bud achiles, who was one of the top BM's on the server at the time. (Early 2009)

I'm wearing my first, and favorite fashion, the Striders Vestment. That's blue, I now have black, charcoal grey, and a darker navy as well. Also have my first pet sitting out.

Choosing was pretty hard. Even after losing thousands of photos in a hard drive crash a few years ago, my collection of images totals almost 3,000. I considered using something newer, like form my "BBing in all the wrong places" collection, but decided to choose something from the first year of the game instead.

Looking through these photos really takes you back to how the game used to be, and how it's developed.​​

SYLEN POST THE SCREENSHOT WHEN WE GATHERED ALL OF THE ICEDRAKES TOGETHER 7 YEARS AGO <3
  • lilmomcrow
    lilmomcrow Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Had so much fun trying impossible stuff in PWI; even when it failed. Best memory was couples night in TT

• b1ademaster
    b1ademaster Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Character Name: DarkFightrLC
    Server: Twilight Temple

My first piece of fash that has endured through time and i still use it. Gifted to me by my friend before she left the game.

This is the mountain 'Purgatory' (also the name of my first faction) above Etherblade, the place where I met my first friend PWI friend ever. Someone who I am still good friends with even though she dosent play anymore but we meet occasionally and talk on skype almost everyday.
    So part of the reason I started PWI was because I had problems socializing with people and I kind of lied to everyone on MMO`s to make them like me.
    But here i met my first friend, someone I had a lot of fun with and helped me pushed through social barriers and made me alot more outgoing accept who I am.

Back in the days, we used to have this friendly competititon about who could reach the peak of Purgatory Mountain without using a flyer.
    I went back there today, after 7 years just to visit the place where I met my first PWI friend and had the best PWI memories.

I tried climbing it again but this the the farthest i could reach. Maybe if I had her here with me today, the will to beat her at htis would have helped me push on...
    Post edited by b1ademaster on
  • adventcorruption
    adventcorruption Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa477/Randy_Breier/2015-09-18%2016-33-31.jpg

Main Char: Master_Choda, first toon Drackor
    Server : Twilight Temple ( previously Sanctuary)

Master_Choda is my main that I made years ago but my first toon was my BM Drackor. Im rocking my r999 wizzie gear that I was so happy to finally get. Some of my fondest moments in game was facing the mini world bosses throughout the gamewas Gargantakong King, he was always fun and kind of a pain but still made the game very fun!.
    Post edited by adventcorruption on
  • ph0m3z
    ph0m3z Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    So my first char created here in PWI in 2008 is named Phomez, was from Lost City server, currently Twilight Temple...

imgur.com/igGG03W

The image ill leave here, is from a period of the game when i recall making alot of good friends, and game was really amazing to play, cause we needed every help possible, nothing was soloable, we had to do all together... And this was what made me stay in this game till now... Friends made back than, still remain today...

Like on the picture, everything was a huge challenge, even this huge boss in frost... We werent giants... but we could make anything together... And this comes to the best memory i have of the game... The friendships i made here, the time i enjoyed and laughed here, playing, walking, chatting, helping, listening... The game kept me here till now cause of all this, of the people, the friends... So happy anniversary all... Keep enjoying the game...
  • bearleeable
    bearleeable Posts: 7 Arc User
    This bites bollocks, i'm late by 26days :( Jan 09 *sigh*
    Bear
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User

I created my archer Bloom on the first day PWI started (5 digit P number :wink: ) on Heaven's Tear / now Etherblade, and she's still my main now. All my chars (except my barb!) are modelled from the characters in this show and love giving them all matching fashion, so that's why those are some of my favourite pics (the beautiful mystic in the middle on the right is my wonderful in game wifey Kerou :blush:, the others are all my chars). They've gotten a little prettier over the years, thanks to INI editing help and inspiration from my good friend AmyGoddess :smile:

I love when I get random comments from people who recognize where my chars are from, its some wonderful recognition for the amount of work we put in drawing them, so in 7 years my best memory has been this :smile: Back in 2009 after BHs were added, I was in BH69 one time on my cleric Stella with a bunch of random other folks I didn't know, doing the instance was pretty uneventful, but then when we finished I got a pm from a lady in the squad, very close to this: "I just wanted you to know, for the entire run my little girl has been absolutely freaking out watching your char. That's her favourite show so and Stella is her favourite character." We chatted after I brought my archer down to show her little girl too :) It touched me so much I was in happy tears :'( I was so blown away by it that I never took a screenshot of the chat or added her on my friends list at the time, but then years later I randomly bumped into her again and she was like "Hey I remember you from that BH69!". I've had a lot of wonderful friends and a lot of nice comments on the game over the years, but nothing ever touched me like that. Thank you Shyyann, that will always be my best memory ever on this game :)
  • noe07
    noe07 Posts: 2 Arc User

1937288 1268529428872 8284269 n

1937288 1268530628902 3811467 n
    s

171046 1862010185520 5652068 o
    t

10854447 10205320243181111 2281433363497479010 o

missed one year .. believe myself in 2009 :( anyway pass wonderful things in this game, I started on the server with a BM called HT (Nayuribe), where I met the love of my life a barbarian named (ll_Aramis_ll ) that today is my husband in real life <3 we got married and together we went to the Archo server is now Etherblade with a veno call (ll_Nerey_ll): D we remarried and lived together since 6 years ago thanks to PWI <3
    The best memories of those years, there was bh, nor genius, nor many other things that came later: D we spent the day doing quests and helping the FBs to gain some reputation and bring better things to spend hours and D farming back plants and materials: O

PS: the gold was worth 100k O.o

thank you very much PWI <3
  • stereoqueen69
    stereoqueen69 Posts: 1 Arc User

photo 2015-09-18 15-07-05_zpsyvhikxcy.png

I created my account, 10/06/2008..
    This here is Ms.PoutyMouth, my Venomancer and she is on twilight temple
    The best memory is basically the game experience I get to have in PWI,
    the graphics, the involvement with your character, the customization and the freedom!( I have had too many good times and good memories to list!)
    I, after so many years keep coming back to Perfect World, cause in the end it is after all a "Perfect World"
    live, love, laugh and play games
  • clare47
    clare47 Posts: 4 Arc User
    i love this game and all the friends i made here :D ty pwi for all the wander full memories. This is a picture of my curent main character on Etherblade server her name is Free Demon. This pic. was taken together with a bunch of my friends from the guild :)

http://prntscr.com/8hwnon
  • endless013
    endless013 Posts: 11 Arc User
    first char name: therdarkrealm
    Server: Lost City

only Fash I've ever used on this character and my third flyer (first was default second was lost to PKer bit it was just a maxed verion of this one.)

photo 2015-09-18 18-40-48.png
    GoDieNow, Reaper (bloodwind) lvl90
    GoDiePlz, Demon (hellfire) lvl90
  • sylenthunder
    SYLEN POST THE SCREENSHOT WHEN WE GATHERED ALL OF THE ICEDRAKES TOGETHER 7 YEARS AGO
    This is the earliest large group I have in my vault. There's several from earlier, but were mostly just activity shots from events.

2009/03/01
    2009-03-01%2018-33-15.png

I scoured the old sites, and didn't pull anything else up. I'm sure they exist, but are either lost in the cloud somewhere, or in an offline backup I don't have access to atm.​​

​​
  • tillina
    tillina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Mine was made 2 months after 2008 in 2-12-2009 :( my main was Daisyz i played on Sanctuary ^^ best memories hum so many nw always gets me laughing ;P and im not a pvp person B) fcc was always fun B) mostly fun hangin and laughing with friends i love playing this game all the fashion just a lil of everything.. let the haters hate on coz u guys rock ;D and happy anniversary <3 ty for all the codes u give out to us <3
  • widowdee
    widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I have been playing WidowDee since December 2008. She was my first character and I still love the cleric.
    In April, 2011, four of us decided to create the PureGold faction which quickly grew to over 170 members. I was designated as leader but this faction requires little of the officers since there is very little drama in PureGold. Although we don't do TW, we are very active and family oriented. I think of all of the faction members as my friends and they are from all over the world.

My gear isn't R9 but what I have takes my channeling to -64 so my heals and attacks are fast!

My wings were bought from the boutique when they first came out and were 45 gold!!! Now they sell for 12 gold 50 silver. I have tried others on WidowDee, but the Sparklebright wings are a part of her personality. :) The outfit here is one that was given to me by my faction for my birthday one year. It has always been complemented by others and has always been my favorite. And the location is just outside of Sanctuary and is one of the prettiest places in the game.

Post edited by widowdee on
  • chloeexox
    chloeexox Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Character name: xXChloeeXx (This character is not my original)

First of all the amount of memories that I've had on this game have been ongoing from meeting amazing people, visiting new places, enjoying the scenery, random moments... picking one is going to be difficult! =) but one of my favorite memories of the early days is quite silly however at the time it was absolutely hilarious,
    My friend and i used to go into archosaur and do the 'Victory' Emote which i'm doing in the picture and the noise it makes is hilarious, so we pretty much stayed out of sight and spammed the button until people started to notice :D Next thing you know other people started to join in... eventually there was around 10 people who joined us!! i have never laughed so much :D gotta love the pwi community! :) and ofcourse the good ol days o:)
    aside from my own i'm really enjoying reading other peoples memories too! really brings back the nostalgia ^^

Lastly..

Thankyou Pwi x

<3
    Post edited by chloeexox on
  • sylenthunder
    widowdee wrote: »
    Now if I just knew how to upload the picture. :'(

You had it, but the forum screwed up the code. Fixed it for you. normal-1.gif​​

​​
  • zelth
    zelth Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Screenshot of my favourite fashion as well as favourite flyer (I guess you could also say best gear up to date as well if you include the axes).

My account was created back in 2008 although this character WangZi was created in 2009 on Dreamweaver server (aka Tideswell currently).

My best memory of PWI up to date would be going on adventures with my friends in-game, and I mean real adventures with no end goal. We would just stroll out of a city and travel across the land, going wherever we wanted, jumping off cliffs knowing we won't lose any HP, taking on monsters that were too strong for us and running away in the end before we died, checking out new places that we've never been to, and just enjoying each other's company as we goofed around.
    Post edited by zelth on
  • chloeeee
    chloeeee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    chloeexox said:

Character name: xXChloeeXx (This character in the picture is not my original)

First of all the amount of memories that I've had on this game have been ongoing from meeting amazing people, visiting new places, enjoying the scenery, random moments... picking one is going to be difficult! =) but one of my favorite memories of the early days is quite silly however at the time it was absolutely hilarious,
    My friend and i used to go into archosaur and do the 'Victory' Emote which i'm doing in the picture and the noise it makes is hilarious, so we pretty much stayed out of sight and spammed the button until people started to notice :D Next thing you know other people started to join in... eventually there was around 10 people who joined us!! i have never laughed so much :D gotta love the pwi community! :) and ofcourse the good ol days o:)
    aside from my own i'm really enjoying reading other peoples memories too! really brings back the nostalgia ^^

Lastly..

Thankyou Pwi x

<3

(Shared by my original character)

• seleneresona
    seleneresona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by seleneresona on
This discussion has been closed.