Damage Dealer Build for Barbarian

Options
fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Barbarian
Hi all,
Lets try to find something new on this game.

I will discuss with you about an high damage dealer build for our furry cats.
That won’t be a guide but just something to start a discussion.

Introduction

My point of view is (I talk about end gear):
- Highest chance possible to have a Critical Hit (to use better God of Frenzy)
“High Dexterity, Engrave or Equipment with Critical Hit bonus”
- Highest Attack Level possible
- “2 pieces of G15 for +5 attack level and shard with Deity Stone”
- Highest Strenght possible
“All the points you can set on Str, or add with Engrave”
- Highest spirit possible (that work with all class)

Here you can see my build, stats and gears.
Roar_King

Why to play DD barbarian

First I play this way for fun, most important thing on a game.
Second I see that I have a great effect on Arcane and Light people.

How to do damage

My preferred combo is: Devour + Tangling Mire + Ancestral Rage
High physical debuff and Ancestral that is the skill that hurt more after Armageddon and can hit from range.

Classic Armageddon work too, Attack level and high chance to do Critical Hit balance the lower HP.

Blood Rush must be active every time you can do.

Spam lock with Tangling mire and Extreme poison.

How to lock

The best lock I can do is:
Mighty Swing – Hit with Skills – Untamed Wrath – Mighty Swing – Hit with Skills – Occult Ice – Hit with Skills – Mighty Swing
Most used skill are Bestial Onslaught for Critical Hit buff, Stomp of the Beast King (stack how much you can), Garrotte (for Bleed) and Slam for chi.
After lock I use Alacrity of the Beast or Ancestral to not let run back and restart my lock.
When charm tick I spam Tangling Mire and Extreme Poison while I lock and hit.

What about PvP

I don’t have too much experience in 1v1 but I play a lot with team or massive PvP like Territory War or Nation War. I play usually between Tank line and DD line.

How to survive

Survive is not so hard, atleast we are a “tank” class. I have 50k HP in tiger form that are enough to survive, Str give me Physical Defense. My bad is elemental resistance and defense level.
To survive you have to manage skills, genie and potions very well calculating the cooldown.
Our class give us Invoke, Bestial Rage, Cornered Beast, Frighten.
On genie we have Solid Shield, Tree of Protection and Absolute Domain (or Faith)
Potions are many… I use Dew of Star Protections and Turtle Orb usually, Ironguard Powder only as last hope.
Another problem is to manage stun lock, Barb have only 1 skill to evade stun with low cooldown and require chi. So can be hard evade lock and kill when you are alone with more enemies.

Conclusion

I hope that build can be interesting for you, and you have fun with me.
If you want ask me any doubt or if you want to test something I can do and post on youtube.

Enjoy ^_^
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
Post edited by fury85 on

Comments

• daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    Interesting
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    I always had the same built with the exception of being fully vit sharded and having G16 Cape + Helmet which I sincerely think is the better option for Barbs. The HP and possible stat point advantage outweights the 5 Attack Level by far. Lately I restated to 100 Dex and put some more points on STR. Sure, I cant use Claws anymore...but I dont really need to. Due to having a myst and seeker opener for TT at hand I dont really take that much longer when spamming skills comapred to apsing.

I don't really use Dew of Star Protection anymore..simply because my pdef is at cap anyways and there is nearly ALWAYS a veno right behind the next corner rdy for a purge. So I have to use Pan Gus or IGs, anything else would be a waste of Apo-CD.

You really should do more 1on1s with your Barb. I am not full +12 and all...but on self buffs...I am overall nearly unbeatable for my whole server with this built. Even tho I got no Deities my dmg is still extreme. Due to the new Def charms you can pretty much ignore Arcane classes which I dislike cause those charms are broken imho. Still. Your dmg is even higher..could be fun so try it out =P

Damn I wish I could be deity too...but then no one would ever fight me again in 1on1. They already try to avoid it mostly cause they cant handle the dmg...imagine full +12, full deity xDDD rediculous. Then again...I dont find much enjoyment in mass pvp xD
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Joe.
    I don't have much experience in 1v1... I like play in a squad.

Last days I made some change, I imbued Primeval Stone on my weapon for Critical Hit and reset many dex to str.
    Now i'm 140 dex with 48% base critical hit and close to 900 str.

I tried a new genie also, still 100 str build but with Faith instead of AD and Dissolve to kill target chi in combo with the Demon skill.

Just need to work on spirit now, because my spirit cards are not RB and have to add spirit stone on necklace and belt.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone