Quicksand maze drop rate

Options
dartwave
dartwave Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Hi pwe. Since the drop rate of quicksand maze is just too low for a full squad ( it would take like 18 months or so to farm the weapons for the whole squad ) , could you please increase the drop rate in there? I noticed the drop rate during 2x drop was quite decent so what about if you double the drop rate of that instance? :smiley:

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I doubt it would happen. The drop rates on... pretty much everything have been untouched since the start of the game barring adjustments when drops were added (IE: The Lost Empire and OHT mats that came with it) or removed (IE: Fairy boxes from TT bosses as they initially simply replaced mirages).

For future reference, though, this sort of thing should go in the Suggestion Box section.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • dartwave
    Options
    opkossy wrote: »
    I doubt it would happen. The drop rates on... pretty much everything have been untouched since the start of the game barring adjustments when drops were added (IE: The Lost Empire and OHT mats that came with it) or removed (IE: Fairy boxes from TT bosses as they initially simply replaced mirages).

For future reference, though, this sort of thing should go in the Suggestion Box section.

Meh.. ok. Would have been better if pwe didn't add those weapons at all then :S Its frustrating when there's something that requires so much time to be farmed D: And its not even an easy instance...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yeah. It's likely a lot more popular in China as well which gives it some meaning there as people would be running it far more often. Especially since R8 and the recasts are closer to endgame there than here since they lack as much R9.

Sadly for us, the devs design for their version first, and everyone else when they feel like it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    Hi friends, i have ran dungeon about 7 times. Here is the kicker.

It is easier to farm your wep than Nirvana initially was! It will take you about 60 - 100 times farming the dungeon to get your first recast weapon. Armor i do not know.
    m5arXCN.png
  • dartwave
    Options
    prancing wrote: »
    Hi friends, i have ran dungeon about 7 times. Here is the kicker.

It is easier to farm your wep than Nirvana initially was! It will take you about 60 - 100 times farming the dungeon to get your first recast weapon. Armor i do not know.

60 times if u solo it lol, which is impossible O.o
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ran the instance like 65 times by now, and I have 36 gold mats where you need 85 for weapon. This was done duo. So yah, would take quite a long time.. Armor is easy though.
    Post edited by testxvi on
  • dartwave
    Options
    garan stones are pretty rare ... didn't find any yet
  • testxvi
    Options
    fartwave ~ how many runs you guys did yet? I think we have found like 18 in total so far.
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    What are Garan stones? i can't figure out what they are used for. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/45679
    m5arXCN.png
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Garan stones are used for cleansing or "honing" (equivalent term we'd use if referring to r8r) the stats on the stones. They're used at the Dustfall: Purification forge for rerolling stat values while keeping the adds if you like them.

EDIT: @dartwave: same question as testxvi, when I ran quicksand, I think one dropped every second or every third run.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • testxvi
    Options
    Yes, Garan is used for hone the r8rr weapon and armor.
    Well they are definitely the most rare material in quicksand maze. So far we been having an average drop rate of 1 garan stone every 5 run during normal drops and one every 2nd run during double drops, see my spreadsheet here. I been keeping track of the amount of drops, and plan to continue untill I have tracked down like 100 runs for both normal drops and double drops.
    Assuming you need 2 garan stones for every hone, and you probably have to hone quite a lot of times to get your near-perfect stats, well... Let's just say that's just going to be a lot of runs.
  • Sirkura
    Sirkura Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    My roomate has been trying to put together dayly squad runs, usually a player is only going after one particular type of gear ata time and lots of times will just give the mats they don't need away. she typically banks the mats and distributes them at the end, on a good day we get 5-6 rarer mats, bad day we've gotten as low as 2-3, as a squad it won't take you that much longer to get it. Rerolls are stupidly easy lol without even using the spirit of the forge its free to keep any shards and refines, so you can completely wipe and reroll as many times as you want for fairly cheap. depends on how much time you want to invest in it. as other gear is better in most situations, i'd recomend getting t3 or r9 first. then getting r888 as you can. no reason you can't do both.
    kkmmsig.jpg
  • dartwave
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sirkura wrote: »
    on a good day we get 5-6 rarer mats, bad day we've gotten as low as 2-3.

We've got 5-6 rare mats everyday as well on 2x drops. During the normal drop rate we get usually 2.

• Sirkura
    Sirkura Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    dartwave wrote: »
    on a good day we get 5-6 rarer mats, bad day we've gotten as low as 2-3.

We've got 5-6 rare mats everyday as well on 2x drops. During the normal drop rate we get usually 2.

its all luck, just like farming TT or any instance, sometimes you get a lucky hand, or others you get a bad hand. i rememeber one TT i ran farming tt80 and drummer in 1-3 didn't drop a single thing in x2 (i mean anything! not even skulls or pstones) .-. qq i wanted to cry other times i'd swear there was x2 they forgot to tell us about there were so many drops.
    kkmmsig.jpg
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options
    i rememeber one TT i ran farming tt80 and drummer in 1-3 didn't drop a single thing in x2 (i mean anything! not even skulls or pstones) .-. qq i wanted to cry other times i'd swear there was x2 they forgot to tell us about there were so many drops.

sounds like an earning time related issue, there is no other reason he should drop 0 items at all