test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20181008a.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Known Issues
Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial
Okay, this should be fixed this time, but characters who existed in prior builds might still be broken. Please let us know if characters copied from the live servers are still broken.
There has also been a crash reported when opening the Professions UI with certain characters, so if you get this crash more than once, try a different character, and mention on the forum which character(s) you copied from the live game who ran into it.

Highlights

Professions Fixes / Changes
Artisans and Adventurers
  • Artisans granted by the Zen Market and asset exchange recruitment items now always apply at the level of that profession on your character.
  • Artisans who apply through standard means now have variable levels depending on their rarity (but never exceed the level of that profession on your character.)
Masterwork Professions
  • Explorer's Chart: Skyhold may now yield Ebony Logs.
  • Explorer's Charts now have a chance to yield high-quality materials
  • Masterwork quests labeled with "(Weaponsmithing)" have been changed to "(Blacksmithing)."
  • Masterwork quests labeled with "(Mailsmithing)" or "(Platesmithing)" have been changed to "(Armorsmithing)."
  • As mailsmithing and platesmithing have been merged into armorsmithing, mailsmithing masterwork quests can no longer be obtained unless the player had previously increased their mailsmithing level to 25 in the old system.
    • Mailsmithing quests can still be completed in this case, however, the recipe books provided will unlock the same recipes as those provided by the old platesmithing quests which are now available as the default armorsmithing quests.
    • Any future armorsmithing quests will look for progress in either mailsmithing quests or armorsmithing quests to unlock, so feel free to complete the mailsmithing series if you are currently part way through.
  • The items required by the following quests have been adjusted as the previously required materials are now deprecated:
    • My Chemical Guidance (Alchemy)
    • The Artifact of the Matter (Artificing)
    • Lathe Man Standing (Armorsmithing)
    • Hammer Time (Armorsmithing)
    • Forge Away (Blacksmithing)
    • The Daily Grind (Jewelcrafting)
    • Making the Round (Leatherworking)
    • As the Wheel Turns (Tailoring)
Profession Quests
  • Black Ice Shaping achievements are no longer visible by default.
  • Lessons Learned: The quest path now properly leads to the desk at the appropriate steps.
  • Resolved an issue wherein players could become stuck on the quest state "Take Your Item From the Delivery Box" if their gathering level was 70 before they begain the professions tutorial. (To resolve this issue, please copy a fresh character.)
  • The old professions tutorial is no longer available.
  • Various quest pathing issues have been addressed.
Profession Rewards and Items
  • Certain leatherworking tools are no longer mislabeled as armorsmithing tools.
  • Lockboxes now give the new legendary tools instead of the older deprecated ones.
  • New crafted rings, waists, and neckwear have had their stats and icons adjusted.
  • Tools now require a particular Profession level rather than character level to use.
  • Wonders of Gond: This event no longer incorrectly gives old versions of profession packs.
Profession System Conversion
  • It is now possible to purchase artisan recruitment from the asset exchange.
  • It is now possible to redeem legacy profession slot unlocks for artisans of guaranteed ranks.
    • Rarity of artisan varies by the associated legacy slot.
  • Some asset exchange values have been adjusted.
  • The option to view the exchange window no longer appears when the player has no old items, or exchange currency left to spend.
  • Various old resources from Leadership can now properly be exchanged.
Profession Tasks
  • Alchemy phial recipes now consistently give the appropriate number of phials (usually a dozen).
  • Farhide Sallet now requires an Aberrant Sinew in addition to its other materials.
  • Farskin Vest now properly shows up in the Lv. 51-60 category.
  • Linen now properly requires Linen Yarn instead of Cotton Yarn.
  • Rock Salt can now be gathered.
  • Sands other than iron no longer incorrectly mention iron in their tooltips.
  • Shimmerweave Halfrobe now properly requires 2 Shimmerweave Cloth and 1 Shimmerweave Thread, rather than 3 Shimmerweave Thread.
  • Titansteel Nails: This recipe now grants 6 nails, up from 1.
  • There are no longer grimoire and sword knot recipes that incorrectly require aqua fortis.
  • Various event recipes and old recipes no longer incorrectly show up when searching.
Profession Workshop
  • The VIP travel signpost now allows direct travel to the workshop.
User Interface
  • A fly-by notification now appears when increasing a Profession's level.
  • At the Master's Desk, the Artisan count now updates after dismissing an Artisan.
  • Categories in the counter are now sorted alphabetically by name.
  • Crafting / profession levels are now called levels, rather than ranks.
  • Feedback has been improved if item creation has failed.
  • Slotted items will now be remembered in certain cases.
  • Time displays have been improved in various spots.
  • Tooltips have been added to guide the player when out of Normal materials for a recipe.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Acquisitions Incorporated
  • Feather Fall works again.
  • Introductory quest rewards no longer count toward the campaign weekly haul.
  • LOTS of various issues, including party quest credit issues, have been addressed in a variety of new quests.
    • Basically, most of the quests have had flow and timing improvements. Check 'em out. Or don't, I'm just a patch note.
  • The Heart of Fire is now given as a reward the first time the player completes the quest, Temple Intrusion.
General
  • The Dungeon Keys intro quest and daily quests should no longer appear.
  • Valindra's Tower: One of the rooms with illusionary walls has had its illusionary walls removed.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard
    • Assailant now clearly states its damage cannot be resisted and cannot crit.
    • Assailing Force now properly fires 15% of the time; this should be a buff.
    • Abyss of Chaos now clearly states its damage cannot be resisted and cannot crit.
    • Elemental Empowerment should now proc only once per cast of most powers.
    • Controlled Momentum no longer incorrectly stacks when multiple nearby Wizards have this feat.
    • Controlling Action: This feat now works as expected.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Predator should now have a clearer tooltip.
    • Stormstep no longer incorrectly increases cooldowns of Encounter powers.
    • Stormstep now properly benefits from ranks of Forest Meditation.
  • Trickster Rogue
    • All damage has been increased by 5%.
    • Impossible to Catch no longer goes on cooldown without the effect if used immediately after a dodge roll.
Companions
  • The Stalwart Lion's collision is now smaller.
Item Powers
  • Gallant gear: The power on the arm slot item now properly applies to distant targets.

Items and Economy
Dungeon Chests
  • Cradle of the Death God's legendary dragon key chest no longer incorrectly gives the end chest's level of Rough Astral Diamonds.
  • Illusionist's Gambit now awards Rough Astral Diamonds when completed at Gold rank.
  • Prophecy of Madness' chest can now be rerolled.
  • Rough Astral Diamonds are now consistently given in appropriate dungeon chests.
General
  • Rough Astral Diamonds pack prices have been adjusted (usually raised) in Campaign stores.
  • The items given from Darkmagic's Bag of Mysterious Leftovers can no longer be used in PvP.
  • Various icons and tooltips have now been hooked up.

User Interface
Queues
  • The Hardcore and Item Level checkboxes are no longer selectable while waiting for a queue to pop.
  • The Hardcore and Item Level checkboxes now show even while solo queuing.

Art, Animation, Effects, and Audio
Audio
  • More audio! Lots more audio! So much sound emanating from every quest.
Character Art
  • Lions have tails again.
  • Various items have had clipping issues addressed.

Comments

• mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I copied my main character over AFTER the patch today, and it carried forward all the outstanding profession tasks. I was also able to start and work through the workshop story up until the point that I needed to hire 10 artisans. The free artisan scrolls from the Playtest Materials box are not working for me. When I open one it says I dont meet the requirements.

I also have yet to see the "old asset/material exchange" option in the retainer. The only thing the retainer wants me to do right now is to get 10 artisans hired. Of course I cant do that because the free scroll is broken. Not sure if/when the old mat exchange is suppose to be there.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I copied my main character over AFTER the patch today, and it carried forward all the outstanding profession tasks. I was also able to start and work through the workshop story up until the point that I needed to hire 10 artisans. The free artisan scrolls from the Playtest Materials box are not working for me. When I open one it says I dont meet the requirements.

I also have yet to see the "old asset/material exchange" option in the retainer. The only thing the retainer wants me to do right now is to get 10 artisans hired. Of course I cant do that because the free scroll is broken. Not sure if/when the old mat exchange is suppose to be there.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243406/5-new-professions-issues-since-1008a-2

Yea I mean I have now a quest objective to hire 10 artisan's but you only get 4, and it DOES NOT identify how you can go about getting more.

@terramak

-----
    FYI:
    -----

What's causing the PROBLEM is that you can no longer even open Professions Artisan Recruitment from the TOOLBOX, or if you buy them with ASSET EXCHANGE, cause it says "Requirements not met" which blocks further progress. It also doesn't identify what you need to do to unlock this requirement.

Still this likely similar problem that will likely block progress this week, unless by progressing in the campaign it then later unlocks it, yet you can't seem to complete the QUEST Lesson's Learned so I'll try and continue working thru the campaign and post the RESULTS above in the link I appended...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Edit - Shouldn't read the patchnotes after midnight.
    Post edited by majorcharvenak on
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    What is with Do Ti? And what is with MW3 stats
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Trickster Rogue
    All damage has been increased by 5%

What? Is it legal?
    Can you do, please, the same with SW powers?
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    What can i say? The TR can easily increase the damage. The SW will continue to be ignored. :-( I am at the point where I ask myself if I should still play the game or I invest my money in another game. R.I.P. SW :-(
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    anyways, i hope the devs know that a 5% buff doesn't make them useful. they'd still be out-DPSed by Mod 10 shadow demon.

Edited by Percemer: removed the quote since it was moderated.
    Post edited by percemer on
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Bug report:
    Scourge Warlock is still bad
    Feedback thread is being ignored

When will we see patch notes giving SW's a buff?
  • rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    gwf/instigators is not finishid yet... a lot of things dont work or are functional.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @terramak
    BUG:
    Professions Artisan Recruitment packs, BOTH the ones from the preview storage box and the ones you get from asset exchange do not work. They throw the error: You do not meet the requirements for this item

It doesn't matter which profession type you select.

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    terramak said:

Masterwork quests labeled with "(Weaponsmithing)" have been changed to "(Blacksmithing)."
    Masterwork quests labeled with "(Mailsmithing)" or "(Platesmithing)" have been changed to "(Armorsmithing)."
    How can you not see the lack of logic in these name changes? It REALLY urks me. RABBLE RABBLE!!
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Hopefully, the Dev's are still busy working through fixes and balance corrections and the SW gets a much needed 5-10% damage increase. Or maybe the SW is dead and we just haven't been notified yet.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I'm upset. Changelog is ***.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    If you can so EASILY buff all damage by 5%;
    Can you do the same "EASILY" and remove all gold sinks for removing enchants?
    WHY NOT?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • feanor#5283 feanor Member Posts: 13 Arc User

anyways, i hope the devs know that a 5% buff doesn't make them useful. they'd still be out-DPSed by Mod 10 shadow demon.

Obiously. +5% it is at least SOMETHING some classes like SW, have got nothing. no buffs. just nothing. Just one more useless DPS spec(actualy, I cannot even call this spec DPS). As a player I want somebody from the dev side to hear me. or just say smth.

and again
    All hail Cryptic!
  • feanor#5283 feanor Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    lorun2009 said:

Hopefully, the Dev's are still busy working through fixes and balance corrections and the SW gets a much needed 5-10% damage increase. Or maybe the SW is dead and we just haven't been notified yet.

SW don't need that boost in my opinion. It would be nice but come on... There is a lot more important things then SW DMG increase.

And SW isn't dead and never was.
    I cannot agree with you. IMHO SW is alive only because of temptation build.
    And, if I correctly understand your opinion. Are you trying to say that SW can make the same DPS as GF and GWF?

All hail Cryptic!
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User

Obiously. +5% it is at least SOMETHING some classes like SW, have got nothing. no buffs. just nothing. Just one more useless DPS spec(actualy, I cannot even call this spec DPS). As a player I want somebody from the dev side to hear me. or just say smth.

and again
    All hail Cryptic!
    i'm sry but i had to answer this : tr got dmg nerf by around -50% dmg (not kidding ) , the fact they buff everything by 5% dmg it's cuz no worries the dev that got put on balance now doesn't understand anything about tr balance .

in the end the dves only look at pvp the thing that 0.1 % of players still do until now cuz they're already spend money on pvp build so might as well do it .

devs don't run end game dungeons in the end .

note to devs : the feats tree u so happy about on tr still bugged on preview , maybe check the players feed back and try to fixe the bugs thx .

• rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    * Lions have tails again.

Thank you. I was about to report you to Nat Geo.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Posted in TR Feedback thread but posting here as well.

Please revert the change to Impossible to Catch, its back to the same issue that we had during mod 11(?). We didnt like it back then, we still dont like it. It cannot be activated during other attacks and it either cancels them or gets activated after they are done. We will rather take the "goes on cooldown without effect after dodge" than this current preview state.

The 5% dmg increase is funny, feels like a slap in the face.
    Post edited by blur#5900 on
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

The 5% dmg increase is funny, feels like a slap in the face.

It's not too late to ask for 14%

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The hard work and frequent updates regarding Professions, campaigns, and certain class-related issues are appreciated.

The ongoing lack of communication regarding Scourge Warlock issues is concerning. There is plenty of highly specific, well-reasoned feedback offered in the SW feedback thread (added bonus: at least 25% less drama than the leading class threads!).

I get that it's not possible to address every single thing with every single patch, but it would be great to have a response to player feedback thus far. Well, a response other than silence :pensive:
    Post edited by vorphied on
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

This discussion has been closed.