Install Arc

Ravenloft Preview Patch Notes: NW.100.20180430a.2

2»

Comments

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    @q1fep Lurker should now be open.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    where are the pvp changes/ adjustments and patch notes that were "promised' for mod 14 ???

what did you "learn" from the pvp with the devs event ?
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    100k AD per account its very few maybe 140k or 130k will be fine and sw didnt was change after mod 13 plsss give us 2 playstyle for make dps viable like HR can get choice free either combat or trapper GF can tank with 2 paths and if even i see can tank with conqueror path why sw only have 1 path viable if suppos can be striker or healer ? be sw healer for end content should be choice not obligated
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    the 100k is reasonable cap, the account based 1 time only bonus rewards for RQ isn't. balancing the zen exchange is the goal, not driving people mad and away from the game. which is what i see happening. (and hear from people when i tell them about it)
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    well i understood the goal make more desirable buy AD for zen but considered a new players wich start understood mechanic of his class will they are buy a lot things overall if are dps with refine 100k will be required a lot time save up for buy things them need otherwise you are pay to win. This change will be affect hardly the free players and newbies
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    One thing that could make testing easier would be the ability to buy wards in the preview tab. Some content can be pretty tough, but on Preview we don't have any real means to boost our stats like we do on Live.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I have noticed some changes to Shadow of Demise and Shadowborn on preview, they're not written anywhere around here though.

The changes are a straight buff, will really help the rogue in PVE. Nice one !

Sometimes Shadow of Demise only procs the DoT, without proccing the full dmg at the end of the duration. Not sure what triggers it, seems to be totally random, it happens ~half the time. Tested on target dummy's.

Please look into it ^^
    Post edited by nooneatza on
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited May 2018

the 100k is reasonable cap, the account based 1 time only bonus rewards for RQ isn't. balancing the zen exchange is the goal, not driving people mad and away from the game. which is what i see happening. (and hear from people when i tell them about it)

The issue is that the change to AD is about removing backlog of zen exchange. Another way to do this is to modify how long we can have an item out there for zen exchange. Limit it to 5 days, just like the AH sale items. That would remove much of the backlog that exist for the zen exchange.

If the devs are trying to remove AD from the game, place into the Bazar legendary mounts and price them so that it will reduce the AD in the market, add higher rank enchantments, new gear, etc...

Adding new items to the bazar where the value of the items will encourage more people to use AD will lower the zen exchange.

There are ways to do what the devs are after without hindering players that have purchased additional characters slots to increase the daily AD they can earn.

One thing I want to see in the game is a legendary mount that is account wide up for sale in the Zen market.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    There you go. Make a AD sink in wonderous bazaar for legendary mounts (legacy), and bring on mythic level mounts (180 speed) into the lockboxes. Provide account wide legendary and lower mounts on the Zen store. Make a distinction between cash zen and recycled zen on certain items on the zen store so that players will have to buy zen with real money for the best options, while being able to use recycled zen for getting the others. For example, make a mythic mount cash zen at 20k zen but legendary mount (account wide) at 10k zen. (just example, not actual prices) This would give players who like to spend their actual money on something that would be really useful and those that buy zen from ZAX wouldn't be able to get the newest and greatest thing. The point is to make buying zen with cash lucrative for certain items that won't ruin the game with pay to win, and give them a chance at adding their cash zen to the zen market to rebalance it.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @terramak

No mod 14 changes regarding state of SW as damage dealer vs other strikers?
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

@terramak

No mod 14 changes regarding state of SW as damage dealer vs other strikers?

At least SW is still better at dps than CW
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The new module seems very good and interesting, I have skipped hunts in mod 12 and 13, with the change to hunt, I will probably try it in mod 14.
    terramak said:

More detailed release notes coming soon!

I would like to know if those release notes coming soon will be about some class change.

Because, honestly I had hope for some class balance at least some minor change on each class to help slowly bring balance.
    Especially on TR, SW and CW.

Thanks
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Kinda curious, is the new lockbox going to have those adventurer packs again? I really really hope not.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Kinda curious, is the new lockbox going to have those adventurer packs again? I really really hope not.

If it is, I won't open a single one. Adventurer packs are trash.

The new module seems very good and interesting, I have skipped hunts in mod 12 and 13, with the change to hunt, I will probably try it in mod 14.

terramak said:

More detailed release notes coming soon!

I would like to know if those release notes coming soon will be about some class change.

Because, honestly I had hope for some class balance at least some minor change on each class to help slowly bring balance.
    Especially on TR, SW and CW.

Thanks
    TRs are being changed and are now DPS kings, basically. Dunno bout rest.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User

TRs are being changed and are now DPS kings, basically. Dunno bout rest.

Thanks for the info, I copied my alt TR this morning and the change to shadow of demise is on the tool-tips.

I will wait for more official patch note to see if others feats or powers of the TR will be changed and

if something will be done for DPS CW.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
This discussion has been closed.