test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA: Storm the Keep

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Call to Arms: Storm the Keep arrives on‬! Bring Malus Blackdagger to justice to ensure the Sword Coast remains peaceful and pirate-free. It won't be a pirate's life for him any longer!

http://bit.ly/1Awo977

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is a fun one skirmish, I like it. Also two companions dropped for me already.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    zfalcon67zfalcon67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Anybody if this is open to all levels?
  • Options
    seriphim7408seriphim7408 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lucky you!
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zfalcon67 wrote: »
    Anybody if this is open to all levels?

Yes it is. Also, got my first event companion to drop. :D
  • Options
    spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So far I am up to my 7th Swashbuckler, 38th rank 5 Brutal Enchantment and 14th Refiner's Cache. So far the event has been good for me!
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    spyg0at wrote: »
    So far I am up to my 7th Swashbuckler, 38th rank 5 Brutal Enchantment and 14th Refiner's Cache. So far the event has been good for me!

Lol, again nuttin on for me yet. I have given up on my accounts getting any companion from any event. So i really dont care about any of events anymore. I know after 10 hours of pure event i wont be rewarded. So meh. All i can do is laugh while other players get a companion in each event within a few tries.

As for the game i only log into to do my professions and pvp, as i cant do dungeons cause i get kicked, and wont be rewarded in events
  • Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know why some players get good loot regularly while others never get anything. I've done the skirmish a lot of times now but no Companion nor higher level enchantment. Maybe that's why I don't get Epic loot in other places (Dungeons etc.) too.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • Options
    danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I enjoyed this one.. :)
  • Options
    bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, this event has not been so good for me. . I got a lot of Dye. . ok, I've only gotten Dye. Still this has been a nice short CTA.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, I didn't get much from this event (100 runs with no companion and only 10 rank 5 enchantments), but I had fun running it. I really do like the CTAs, so thanks for keeping these events coming.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I do like the content and the constant stream of events. To me it shows effort, i would like there to be maybe a rotation of whom gets rewarded, kinda seems if you do get somethng from one you'll get something from all and true of the inverse.
  • Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like them cause they can be very fast, but I prefer to do something that rewards me for the time put in. 3 events with well over 300 runs and i'm not rewarded with anything to write home about. sure I got a bunch of dye packs & enchantments i'll never use that aren't worth the time to refine.

would be better if you got bonus rewards based on the amount of runs you do. maybe something like below.

25 runs: rank 6 enchant, 2000 RAD, rank 1 title
    50 runs: 2 rank 6 enchants, 4000 RAD, rank 2 title
    75 runs: companion, rank 3 title
    100 runs: rank 7 enchant, rank 4 title
    150 runs: 10000 RAD, rank master title
    5000 RAD for every additional 50 runs after 150
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like them cause they can be very fast, but I prefer to do something that rewards me for the time put in. 3 events with well over 300 runs and i'm not rewarded with anything to write home about. sure I got a bunch of dye packs & enchantments i'll never use that aren't worth the time to refine.

would be better if you got bonus rewards based on the amount of runs you do. maybe something like below.

25 runs: rank 6 enchant, 2000 RAD, rank 1 title
    50 runs: 2 rank 6 enchants, 4000 RAD, rank 2 title
    75 runs: companion, rank 3 title
    100 runs: rank 7 enchant, rank 4 title
    150 runs: 10000 RAD, rank master title
    5000 RAD for every additional 50 runs after 150

I agree with this except for the rank 6+ enchantments
  • Options
    therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    I agree with this except for the rank 6+ enchantments

all of that was just an example, could be anything really, just needs to be something other than a stack of dye kits every run.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I agree, or as simple as like 10000 of the tokens for the companion? I mean i really dont care how difficult it is as long as i know i can get it
  • Options
    fancytuna8fancytuna8 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have 49 of the dye packs for this event, plus I used one. Assuming it is the dye or the companion, that means I got 1 companion in 51 tries. (and 3 of the rank 5 stone.) That seems like a low return rate. Also, to take someone else's idea further, after a certain number of runs on an event I think you should be guaranteed one of the special companion/item type that is possible to get. I think this one took 7-12 minutes to do from entering the queue to re-entering the queue, so that is a good chunk of time for anyone playing 35+ times. I do like the short events, and I even learned to like the racers that were strong enough to constantly push the group forward even though we were mopping up the last batch of enemies. Some players try to do that, though, and just clog everyone up with such a huge group it takes more time to fight them all at once instead of in stages.
  • Options
    dromenlanddromenland Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I also played this event for a long time, no companion. Got the dog and the old dude last 2 events, bur no luck this time.

Do we know what the chance is that you get a companion? Maybe it would be fair if the companion also can be bought with the coins you get in an event to buy weapons ltems. Like a weapon cost 500, then a companion would be 1500 or even 2000. If you want it bad enough then after 10 hours you have the 2000 and thus a companion you worked real hard for.

With regards,
    Ood von Carr