What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

Comments

• blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    logrooks wrote: »
    Hey what's up guys.

I just recently installed Neverwinter on my awful laptop, not to play it on PC, but because i didn't receive a beta code for the xbox one beta and just wanted to take a look at the races, classes, and customization options before launch. I to got this error code right away and immediately thought it was due to my old laptop until i found this thread and read some of you with high end PC's are having the same problem.

Anyway, i have found the fix for this error which is in fact directly due to Direct X, as the error itself states. All you need to do is install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Have fun.

here is mine
    4eu691auZlPYA0CeiZv5sLRw5WovTY29pQLWdIC4UQ=w499-h280-no
    edited May 2015
    I've got the same problem with the Direct3D error... just since mod6... never had a problem with the previous ones...
    I've tried by using the Steam version instead or Arc and the other way around, uninstalling & reinstalling it, safe mode, the command line, force verify... Nothing seems to work
    If anyone knows something else I could try... all help is welcome! :)

I got it back in mod 2, the fix that worked then was to lower my graphic settings. I have to say this time, that 'aint working for me. I've done all the things you've done plus the playing with all the res' settings and none of it is working.
    edited May 2015
    drklordtim wrote: »
    I got this problem after not playing for a while and i found out i could run it in safe mode for it to work. It worked for a few days before i started getting the same error in safe mode as well. Ive tried nearly everything. Running as admin, changing compatibility, safe mode, restarting my computer even what the first post said and all that did was tell me i have a newer version installed and nothing seems to work.
    What is causing this Fatal error? Last thing i can think to do is uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.

no the reinstal dosn't work tried that. >< twice! even with a system reboot.
    edited May 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Are your video card drivers up to date? Are you by any chance able to get a screenshot of the issue?

before you wind up repeating yourself. for me Yes, double checked them. but I'm an Intel graphics card not an Nvida ore AMD type. my Direct X is up to date, i've tried all the resalution settings that worked with mod 2 when I last go this issue, that didn't work, I've tried uninstalling and reinstaling, i've tried safe mode, I've tried running it as admin, i've tried both arc and steam. Nothing seems to work this time.

4eu691auZlPYA0CeiZv5sLRw5WovTY29pQLWdIC4UQ=w499-h280-no Just google it or check Arc's Social pic area there seems to be a few of us having this problem akromatik.
    edited May 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

So what I did to manage to get to character screen was:

I only had launch in safe mode option selected
    &
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

Hope it works for you guys to ^^

Thanks ehhhhhhwat that seems to have helped for now, its more sluggish then normal but I at least go to chara select screen which is where it was charsing at.
    edited May 2015
    Guys this is the XXXth thread about this, just telling, what to expect!

Same boat as you all, Nvidia user too. Posted a ton of pictures here on forums.

Not all of us are Nvidia users i'm an Intel. (as with most Lenovo's) but yeah it seems to be a very very common problem and from what I can tell its something to do with a wide screen setting that PWE managed to mess up some how. (probs a typo in the coding).
  • lonecloud123lonecloud123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It still wont fix i try'd and installed it and still shows up the fatal error is there another way to solve it :/
    edited May 2015
    It still wont fix i try'd and installed it and still shows up the fatal error is there another way to solve it :/

Open the options menu on the Launcher make sure safe mode option is selected/ticked
    &
    Put this into command line found at the very bottom of the Options Menu: -d3d11Enable 0 (the - as well just copy paste it in.)

Make sure everytime you log in to go back to options and make sure safe mode is ticked as it unticks everytime you log out of the game.
  • ismira777ismira777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shaziqueen wrote: »
    @logrooks

Hey and thank you for the fix, but when i tried to install it it sayd that i already have it installed or have an newer version on my computer, and hence this installation will not continue.

Do i have to remove my previous dx runtime?

I'm having the same issue. Except I can't find what the equivalent or newer version is in my programs list.
  • artemisjamesartemisjames Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Lol i posted the link to fix it a couple posts up and you guys still don't know how to fix it?....

Try reading the thread first.

some of us did read the thread, and tried your fix, only to continue to have problems, so..... yeah
    edited May 2015
    Hey what's up guys.

I just recently installed Neverwinter on my awful laptop, not to play it on PC, but because i didn't receive a beta code for the xbox one beta and just wanted to take a look at the races, classes, and customization options before launch. I to got this error code right away and immediately thought it was due to my old laptop until i found this thread and read some of you with high end PC's are having the same problem.

Anyway, i have found the fix for this error which is in fact directly due to Direct X, as the error itself states. All you need to do is install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Have fun.

i tried this fix and my neverwinter is still crashing before it even fully opens, and i am still receiving the Direct3D fatal error message what should i try next to fix it? it usually crashes during the second loading page i tried un installing the game from my arc client and re installing it after i downloaded Direct X 11 and even restarted my computer i had this issue once before and i was able to fix it before my computer died but i forgot how and when i got my new system i had to start from scratch
    edited May 2015
    sorry i now see that this might have come across as a little hostile and rude and i would like to apologize i did not mean it that way i was just really tired and apparently wasn't thinking my words through as clearly as i had thought but as you can see prior to my apology i made a separate reply to your original post about the direct x 11 download i have tried re installing the game as well as your suggested download followed by a restart and my game continues to act like it has a screw loose i filed a ticket but arc is not responding as quickly as they have in the past any other advice you can spare towards resolving my little fatal error would be much appreciated thanks

Sincerely: Artemis James of neverwinter
  • tairjatairja Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As someone said in another thread, refreshed today, about DirectX troubles it has been more than a month ago when the problems started. No official fix and more than this that is really a shame no word in a month from Cryptic. That's enough for me.
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have you installed the latest .Net Framework version and updates? You could also try to run the .Net repair tool which can be downloaded from Microsoft's download page @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Check your event viewer for any issues then research the error code of any issues you find in there. It's a good starting point to determine why your system is having the DX problem.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    Effectively just looking through this list, it isn't specific to a particular chipset (have seen AMD Radeon and Intel and I think I even saw NVidia), it does have something to do with Direct3D, everyone is effectively getting the same error, so reposting the error code over and over isn't going to get us anywhere since it is obviously some change to the games that the drivers are not compatible with.

Just spent the better part of a day looking up every trick in the book for the same problem, including completely removing and having Windows go find me a new driver (ended up being an earlier model). Still doing the exact same thing.

But if you REALLY want to know, here it is yet again:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 13 0x71d880 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF 0
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

BTW, I also noticed while looking for other ways of fixing this that not only has the problem gotten worse with Cryptic games, but with many, many others as well. This is that common a problem.

So here's my solution for the developers: Time to go back to the old graphics code that was working before the upgrade.

PS: Irony of ironies: I'm running Win7 through Bootcamp on an old iMac (2010 edition). STO crashes just as hard as Neverwinter on the Win7 side, but runs on the Mac side.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    For the 3D Direct issue, we recommend updating you video card's drivers (that has worked for some). If that does not work, please send me a .txt document of a dxdiag of your system that I can send to our developers. The more info we have on this, the sooner we can get it resolved. Thank you!

Been there, done all of this, problem is that when I bring up DxDiag, there is nothing showing wrong. Not a thing. So...
    edited May 2015
    Question: Anyone here using Win8 instead of Win7? Wondering if upgrading to 8 would do any good.
  • greentea13121greentea13121 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've tried adding -d3d11Enable 0 and it manages to get to the loading screen before crashing and giving me this error

fatal error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_DEVICEHUNG) while checking sync query.

technical details: sync query 13 0x11791e0 GeData == 0x887a0005 0 F 0

b885ba72834d39402134bed5c0e63714.png

And without adding in -d3d11Enable 0 I get this error

46f0a318412d797f1cfaa1a4de20f181.png

anyone else getting this? Anyone have a fix?
    Also, I am using Window 8 for anyone wondering
  • hr0hr0 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Question: Anyone here using Win8 instead of Win7? Wondering if upgrading to 8 would do any good.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and it still gets this error.
  • skatertony613skatertony613 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while
    checking sync query
    Technical Details: Sync query 3 0x38a4780 GetData = = 0x887a0005 0 NF
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

is my error none of the mentioned fixes worked for me
  • greentea13121greentea13121 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    never mind, it's crashing again
  • serash1serash1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep I have the same issue, none of the fixes work. I haven't even gotten to play the game yet! Ah well there are plenty of other free to play games out there if they do not want to fix theirs.
  • hydroxylplhydroxylpl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi! Yesterday I was normaly playing and everything was good, but now I get this annoying crash. Is that the same that you get here? I was trying some fixes but nothing works.
    neverwinter%20crash_zpsuhhoeze2.jpg
    Thanks.
  • enodarrenodarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Run the game itself in safe mode. It's under the options tab when you log in. I was able to get in that way. It is a very big issue with latest version of DirectX and the game engine. I feel like this is probably a Cryptic/PWE problem, but whatever. Running it in safe mode kinda sucks, but at least you can then readjust the screen size and play the game.

Edit: Make sure when you try to launch the game you don't use the Arc or Steam Launcher either. Go file searching for the actual Cryptic Launcher.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en
  • capthook99capthook99 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same issue everyone with Nividia is experiencing and here we are over a month later and they still havn't fixed this sht? Hey Community MOD can you please tell me wtf is going on with this? Or did you just pretend to forward this to the devs?
    edited May 2015
    I'm in contact with support. Maybe that will change? I don't really know.
  • zanabezanabe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hiho guys, open launch -->options--> in command line write -d3d9 save and have fun ;)
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh my this is a nearly 2 year old bug, reported by many dozen times and many opened a thread about it dozen times.

OK, game has serious issues with newly made Nvidia cards, that are native DX11 cards.

There are some things you can do:

1. Play with AMD card, makes wonders.

2. You can fiddle with options, like choosing DX9 from the settings menu.

3. You can disable special FX settings, that eat up more memory, one thing to avoid is TXAA from advanced graphic settings, still not working correctly.

4. A nice ISP can help you get those nasty and slow loading pixels on the screen faster.

5. Let's hope Devs someday will fix the shader problem in Mod 6.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited May 2015
    zanabe wrote: »
    Hiho guys, open launch -->options--> in command line write -d3d9 save and have fun ;)

Who gave you this info? It worked.
  • merlinquarks1973merlinquarks1973 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm getting this with an AMD DX11 card so it's not NVidia specific. Seems fine running in DX9 mode but borks when running in DX11. I think it's just lousy DX11 coding.