test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you think of the increase in communication from the Developers & their teams?

124»

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    In addition to all that, assuming his position is the same as Akro's was, he isn't a Cryptic employee but a PWE employee. This means he dosent even work in the same building as the Cryptic devs. Not that he needs to be, to do his job. But people really need to understand that he simply can't walk down two cubicals to get info on the game.

Just for the record, Cryptic and PWE offices are roughly 30 minutes apart. And yes, I asked Strum this question. Cryptic's offices are in Los Gatos, CA. PWE is located in Redwood City, CA.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have no idea if Strum is still monitoring this or not but here goes.

I am really not sure if there there has been more communication from the devs and CM at all really. There may have been more posts but we still end up with the same lack of information as before.

As others have said, a state of the game post every 2 weeks/month would be wonderful.

What is much more important than that though in my opinion is that the patch notes start getting a lot more detailed with the changes that happen. I completely understand that you don't post fixes to exploits, that makes total sense. But there are so many other changes that get made each patch that are never mentioned at all but have major effects on game play. The most recent (major) of these stealth changes has been the change to now require a Dungeon key for the chests at all times, and thus removing the free chests during the hour long DD even that we had since keys were introduced. This stealth change happened 3 weeks ago now and this is the first patch we have gotten any sort of acknowledgement from the devs that they have actually intended this change to happen at all. 3 weeks of us asking the devs what is going on with this, getting some "oh is something wrong?" responses and hearing nothing more on the subject. You could have saved yourselves a lot of time by just saying what changes you were making in the first place and then dealing with the fall out in one place, instead you ended up with threads in 5 different places and it was a chaotic waste of time.

So, please, ditch this silly stealth change policy you guys have come up with. it will save you time with us not reporting bugs that are not actually bugs and us players can concentrate on things that actually need your attention and maybe we can get back to a place where we can trust each other again, because these stealth changes really make us feel like we are a ignorant bunch of yahoos who won't even notice, and on our parts, how can we trust devs who seem to change stuff at random whenever they feel like it.

I'd also like to comment on devs replying to questions sent to them via PM. I really appreciate that the devs take the time to read the PMs they recieve but replying to PMs means they just spent that time giving information to 1 person (who we can neither trust to spread the information nor can we trust them even if they do try and spread the info) when they could have spent that time writing the same information and posting it to a relevant thread and thus informing all the interested parties about the relevant information, all of whom have most definitely asked the question a few times before in many different threads.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2015
    What do you mean with "Increase in communication" ??

All we got so far was a "Sorry we screwed up M6" from the new lead developer a few weeks ago, but so far there are no news about how they want to fix the current mess.

The majority of endgame dungeons were ripped from the game. The only raid cannot be finished due to improper damage scaling. There are various bigger and smaller bugs. A lot of great looking armor was ripped from the game and can no longer be obtained for transmutations. Certain high end enchants buff mobs instead of debuffing then. Paladin, the brand new class, is still gimped in the Justice tree since the capstone is broken. There's only one 2k armor set. Defense stat is meaningless....and so on....
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just for the record, Cryptic and PWE offices are roughly 30 minutes apart. And yes, I asked Strum this question. Cryptic's offices are in Los Gatos, CA. PWE is located in Redwood City, CA.

I'm aware, but that still doesn't change the fact that he is most likely never going to just pop over on a whim and start knocking on cubicals for answers. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you. I was just trying to temper peoples expectations of what our CM can do with a little corporate reality.
  • Options
    gruliagrulia Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    after threads like A Message Regarding Neverwinter Elemental Evil and what do you think of mod 6 (player-feedback), both with more 400 posts and than 30k views expressing mostly negative feedback i do not consider a post like "hey guys, please tell us what us we can do to communicate better" as increased communication. in fact, a community manager asking what can be done better right now kinda makes me cringe. still, i appreciate a post like the one of strum above silence. but generally, actions speak louder than words to me.

as for constructive criticism (or stating the obvious): first gather the information about current issues. this information is already available here on the forum. prioritize it together with the devs. and make a post on what issues are looked into and which will be resolved and which will not. and communicate this information. nobody expects hard deadlines or anything. just tell the community roughly what is going on and what the areas are changes can be expected in to following weeks or months.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm pretty sure Cryptic/PWE is feeling the repercussions of all that is Mod 6. Fewer instances means few players. Fewer players means loss revenue. Loss revenue means the downward spiral to the game's demise. Act quick to salvage the situation, otherwise Cryptic will have a 2/2 track record of game failures. You may be skeptic about my analysis, but these are just my ingame observations that is apparent to me. IWD is a ghost town, WoD might have a coordinated zerg army or two occasionally with like .001% attempts at Tiamat. Even the new areas seems sparse after more players have or are working towards getting them zones out of their hair. Protectors Enclave is hardly the busy hub it use to be...unless you count players logging in/out for invocations. Good luck finding willing participants for any T2 lost cause runs. Legit channel chatter at an all time low (which doesn't sadden me any tbh). I really don't join guilds as I have my own for bank storage, but my friends list reflects that many don't play as often as they use to.

They feel it, they must feel it, that's why it's strange, that they don't do anything to stop the decline.

Heck i am in another guild, i have changed in hope to be amongst people. My two own guilds exist only on paper, empty or full of hundreds of inactive people, thx to Mod 6 and the utterly bad monetization tactics. Now this guild i am in was formerly a huge one and guess what, there are times, when i am all alone (!) in the guild. In "rush hour" there are max 10 people in the guild, from over 280 accounts.

I am done now with 2 toons, it was a pain, ok i could go on with my other 8, but my mind needs a break from this "new" leveling content. Other than that what shall i do, zero content or loss of content to be precise, everything bugged out to the core, major lag all over maps, 1 shot dungeons, which are only doable with tricks or exploits. BTW dungeons give only a few seals, so collecting for better gear is nearly impossible, economy is ill, prices on the rooftop, diversity is dead, there are only 2 types of gear, power creep is bigger, than it ever was, due to the overflow of whales and the many desperate people, the mass kicking is an insane issue, which is also a new invention of Mod 6 and so on and on...

I am here since nearly 2 years, but never have i witnessed such a mess in the game and never have i seen the game in such a bad health and the doctors are still just standing by as the weeks just pass.:confused:
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I'm aware, but that still doesn't change the fact that he is most likely never going to just pop over on a whim and start knocking on cubicals for answers. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you. I was just trying to temper peoples expectations of what our CM can do with a little corporate reality.

Wasn't intended to start an argument, just to put what you were saying into physical perspective and saying "nope, he can't just pop into another cubicle because that'd be a long walk" :)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One thing I will say in support of the devs is that while communication is certainly key, (and very important for damage control, IMO), it is certainly not the *only* responsibility this new lead dev has. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the new lead has to take time out of his own personal life to be able to fit in the communication we all demand.

That being said, and without knowing how quickly the devs are allowed to actually enact changes, I feel that the communication that directly addresses the concerns we players have brought up is lacking.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My hero!!!

And you will be mine if you gimme the GWF buffs ^^. I know you are working on more important issues and i understand it. But wot Cryptic did with dragon hoard enchants was not "hero" style at all.

*Spidey is sad about dragon hoard enchants and swings calmly away....

• Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They feel it, they must feel it, that's why it's strange, that they don't do anything to stop the decline.

Heck i am in another guild, i have changed in hope to be amongst people. My two own guilds exist only on paper, empty or full of hundreds of inactive people, thx to Mod 6 and the utterly bad monetization tactics. Now this guild i am in was formerly a huge one and guess what, there are times, when i am all alone (!) in the guild. In "rush hour" there are max 10 people in the guild, from over 280 accounts.

I am done now with 2 toons, it was a pain, ok i could go on with my other 8, but my mind needs a break from this "new" leveling content. Other than that what shall i do, zero content or loss of content to be precise, everything bugged out to the core, major lag all over maps, 1 shot dungeons, which are only doable with tricks or exploits. BTW dungeons give only a few seals, so collecting for better gear is nearly impossible, economy is ill, prices on the rooftop, diversity is dead, there are only 2 types of gear, power creep is bigger, than it ever was, due to the overflow of whales and the many desperate people, the mass kicking is an insane issue, which is also a new invention of Mod 6 and so on and on...

I am here since nearly 2 years, but never have i witnessed such a mess in the game and never have i seen the game in such a bad health and the doctors are still just standing by as the weeks just pass.:confused:

I am curious if those were pve or pvp guilds that you are mentioning as empty. I'll bet pve. The pvp guilds seem to be thriving. Just an observation.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I am curious if those were pve or pvp guilds that you are mentioning as empty. I'll bet pve. The pvp guilds seem to be thriving. Just an observation.

Yes PVE mostly, not hard to guess, was it. Sorry don't wanna take away the credits. Yeah with PVE content gone and 1 shot mobs all the casuals, not so hard core DnD fans have left. I don't remember the time either, when some of my former or my current guild mates payed for this thing, it's simply too risky at current moment, so yes they feel it for sure. Sadly i think they have abandoned us, these are just few calming words we wanted to hear, but no serious actions taken.

DnD is a nice brand and the game is or better said was too, it didn't deserve this fate.:(
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes PVE mostly, not hard to guess, was it. Sorry don't wanna take away the credits. Yeah with PVE content gone and 1 shot mobs all the casuals, not so hard core DnD fans have left. I don't remember the time either, when some of my former or my current guild mates payed for this thing, it's simply too risky at current moment, so yes they feel it for sure. Sadly i think they have abandoned us, these are just few calming words we wanted to hear, but no serious actions taken.

DnD is a nice brand and the game is or better said was too, it didn't deserve this fate.:(
    no no no it cant end im finally getting in a good spot noooooooooooo!
  • Options
    bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seemed to be a move towards more communication but the same old problems are still in full swing. Players have made countless posts and threads asking about Dragon Hoard drop rates and eventually weeks later confirmation that they were nerfed is put into a post, 7 pages into a thread, about preview patch. Surely this could have just been openly stated, especially if the change is for the good of the players and the game. Why not just be transparent about it? It would have at least stopped the deluge of people asking the same question.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yokki1 wrote: »
    where did you see a new team?

By new team, I meant the new cm and the person who wrote the post on arc about ongoing investigations.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah, big communication gap here. The main way to get RP was ninja nerfed. At the same time we are told the devs can't fix basic parts of the game because they have to prioritize bugs...looks like they made time to nerf something that wasn't at all being asked for or wanted. Big step back on this one guys
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I love love love D&D, but to me, this is not D&D. This is fast paced action combat pvp. No other part of the game holds any interest for me. If the foundry were unchained that would be a different story. But there are far better games to get the D&D experience than this. Sadly.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    We found out that the main method of acquiring rp to upgrade our artifact equipment has been crippled, has been for some time in a throw away comment in a patch notes thread weeks after the decision. This is very, very poor communication.

In the meantime we got the name titles of future mods. If you are responsible for communication to players this is not something you should pat yourself on the back for.

We saw the actual stats of how many people play the game currently from Steam, it's under 3k. It has overall reached an all time low. If they keep fixing the game by this tempo, who will be around to witness the new Mod?

I can only say as@overdriver13 i love DnD with all my heart, i am obsessed one could say, i have lots of books, toys, self made things for our weekend DnD parties, lol even my weekends are DnD styled, but sadly this Mod has completely broken with any customs, that could be called DnD.

DnD is all about fun and enjoyment, relaxation, not grinding called a campaign now. No recycled content could be called a campaign by any table top DM. If a DM would introduce only 1 shot trash mobs, players would stand up from table or part with the DM.

I go further, a DM, who wouldn't really honestly communicate with his players, would have zero chance in real life.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While I agree with much of the critizism in this thread regarding the points that are being addressed, I want to step back from that and look at the bigger picture.

I wanna emphasize that I'm really happy with the way the people running this game are turning up the communication dial. This was my biggest issue thruoughout the last months. When you communicate, things get a) done and b) done quickly. Well, quickER, at least. We are definitely headed the right direction. Now all that remains for me to be even happier would be a shift of contents that are being communicated. For example: Grant us more factual insights in bug-related topics as has been mentionend over and over before.

TL;DR. Communication getting back on track. From E- to C+, with potential to get even much better. Keep it up, share more facts and numbers with your player base and you're golden.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Upon further reflection, I've decided that lately they've actually been a lot more transparent of late. Not with the things they say, mind you, but their actions have told volumes of things they'd never be able to get away with typing out or verbalizing publicly.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The only thing im hoping for is a list of known problems and a weekly list of which of those problems are being looked at.
    I do not care is the list of known problems can be exploited.
    If that problem is known to you you can be sure is known to every player willing to read the forums
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    The only thing im hoping for is a list of known problems and a weekly list of which of those problems are being looked at.
    I do not care is the list of known problems can be exploited.
    If that problem is known to you you can be sure is known to every player willing to read the forums

...Panderus has shown an initial / starter effort to that avail... ...so now we'll have to cajole him a bit for that, probably, otherwise => sad panda. :^)
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    IMO, I think the community would be much more content if we were informed as to why there are more nerfs than bug fixes in the patches as of lately. It makes no sense to keep nerfing items if there are so many enchants and items not producing the advertised results. Seems to me the nerfs may be decided on too quickly because if the other mentioned issues are fixed, then the nerfs may end up being a needed re-due to the fact that not everyone is able to use the existing powers which contributes greatly to the un-balance issues, since there are a lot that don't function. I think the bugs should be fixed far sooner than any nerfs imposed so the nerfs are justifiably placed.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it's great for those that are new to the game and those hanging around. It's too late for me, personally, but I do still have hopes for this game and wish only the best for the community as a whole.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd love to see some sort of running "To-Do" list from the devs, which gets updated as the devs cross-off or add items to said list, (edited to omit stuff they can't disclose or that would describe exploits).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It seems that the increase in communication is continuing and increasing! Very awesome work, thank you and please keep it up!