novynwnnovynwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    GETTING BETTER ;) so i was right in the end
    still not as it was before
  • Options
    jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jpalo316 wrote: »
    I'm in the gateway now and it seems much improved compared to before the maintenance. A little sluggish but usable, and no disconnects so far. *knocks on wood*

Okay, I'm having trouble connecting again. Guess maybe I should have knocked on wood a little harder or something.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    It worked for maybe 10 mins 2 hours ago. Now it's broken again, 4/5 requests end in timeouts, disconnects or load errors.

Sword Coast Adventures are equally unplayable now. This is going on since days and is a complete mess.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still SSL error...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    mystagogue wrote: »
    What's a shame is that this could have been identified much, much sooner if they had had the test gateway running while testing Xbox. There was no way to QA for this. Which is why regression testing is so very, very important. All systems.

Oh well. Hopefully it'll be back up and running sooner than later.

We do not currently believe it is related to Xbox
  • Options
    kosmos1988kosmos1988 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It kinda feels like gateway has 1kb to run with, almost like you are downloading torrents with 99.9% of your internet speed, and the remaining 0.1% is all gateways
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Still have 4% packet loss, but the response time is better in the last 10 minutes. I could finally set all my tasks without constantly reloading.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still have 4% packet loss, but the response time is better in the last 10 minutes. I could finally set all my tasks without constantly reloading.

OMG you're right...things are suddenly running better, right after struggling through my afternoon Leadership conference...
  • Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh... wait... nope, I must have missed that window. It is down again. Can't connect to the Gateway website. Oh... this is what, the 20 something day that it has been completely hopeless to try professions in gateway? I feel like gateway just doesn't exist anymore.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »

Beyond highly coincidental if that's not the case. Additionally, there was no user testing of the Xbox and Gateway together, since the test gateway was taken down and not reinstated for testing in conjunction with the Xbox and Mod6 environment.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Mmkay. That pretty much states that no resources were taken from the PC side (hardware/bandwidth) that would cause the xbox launch to be responsible for the state of the Gateway. That's good. I notice you didn't address the DDoS angle though... That's not so good. If it is that, this is a pretty long sustained attack on a web service. You gotta <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off your ex webmaster something fierce (or something along those lines) for this sort of dedication to disruption.
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its a conspiracy! 1 week before mod 6 launch the gateway goes down causing people who use it for AD gathering to not be able to gather AD. People have been saving AD to buy goodies for their new paladins,to buy refining stones and stuff,currently buying stones.

So,on release of mod 6 all those people that haven't been able to collect AD will be buying zen to exchange for AD and cryptics going to make a killing off of zen purchases!
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its a conspiracy! 1 week before mod 6 launch the gateway goes down causing people who use it for AD gathering to not be able to gather AD. People have been saving AD to buy goodies for their new paladins,to buy refining stones and stuff,currently buying stones.

So,on release of mod 6 all those people that haven't been able to collect AD will be buying zen to exchange for AD and cryptics going to make a killing off of zen purchases!

Riiiiiiight...not that I think Cryptic wouldn't do this, mind you, but they're usually a bit more subtle about it. For example, the recent Alchemy event timed to drain Alchemy assets, which are going to be extremely important in the very near future, from people that hadn't been made aware of that yet.
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    couldn't you just load an older version of your browser? firefox for example has older versions you can find for older computers.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So this is how it's going to be for Mod6? constant server not responding, gateway not working? Gonna be a blast.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    used Gateway just now and seems much better than it was. Anyone else notice improvement?
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    used Gateway just now and seems much better than it was. Anyone else notice improvement?

Nope. It has good spurts sure but those are the exception.
  • Options
    martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »

Yes, i can connect now and do the profession tasks, laggy but is working :p I'm using chrome, by the way
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One of the developers really needs to address this. Tell us what's up and what is being done to fix it. In the mean time, for the love of Sune, take out the ridiculous professions collection delay in game so it's not quite so painful waiting for gateway to come back.
    This.
    I get trying to protect us from the people using bots, but get rid of the ridiculous lag timers you added to professions completing.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still not good, not useful, not anything like it should be.
  • Options
    delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have a dream!! the gateway work :)

i want my blue pet in SCA!!
    need to work on the gateway to have no lag on it
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Another quick update, our gateway game servers are handling the load ok according to diagnostics. We will be rechecking for some networking issues tonight/tomorrow.
  • Options
    slowcountslowcount Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another quick update, our gateway game servers are handling the load ok according to diagnostics. We will be rechecking for some networking issues tonight/tomorrow.

I have not been able to log in and stay logged in, let alone do anything effectively via the gateway in almost 3 days now. I am hoping you can get the issue fixed before MOD 6 hits.
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the page dont even load for me