test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Gateway down?

Comments

• henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is the error I get: <snip>

Yeah, that doesn't really mean what it says in this case. It just means that the server is busy or overloaded or crashing or rebooting or maybe that Scottie needed to briefly divert the server power to the warp engines.

I imagine the Cryptic elves will cobble it back together at some point and we'll limp onwards.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Still laggy this morning in California.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    I imagine the Cryptic elves will cobble it back together at some point and we'll limp onwards.

LOL! Whew - your responses crack me up sometimes . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    same issue here lot of lag during surf with gateway :'(
    can't do the SCA to have the blue pet :'(

some time they disconnect me somme times they make long time to see the page i wont.
    it do this since yesterday midninght (GMT+1)
  • francoisbeauchemfrancoisbeauchem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same issue here, tried different browsers, different connections (lan, wifi, other wifi's ) all the same

Fix it asap please!
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can't even get past login when I do get to the login screen on the gateway...most of the time it doesn't even get that far.
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kinzaiten wrote: »
    I cannot start any profession today because the start button is off and sometimes I get message like this : Failed to collect xx because there is no room in your inventory. I have checked my profession bag and it still has many empty slots and I thought the item was stackable. I also experience disconnection and sometimes there are no character to choose. Is the gateway on maintenance or what happens here?
    Though there could be bugs connected to this, I would like to remind you, that some profession results might go toward the normal bag (like potions from alchemy).
    On the other hand I had some cases, where I could select a task and although all requirements were met, the tooltip said "...not met" and the start button was grayed out. So I guess, being laggy causes some secondary bug problems as well.

I'm not able to collect the sword coast daily presents. Even that is impossible to do.
  • novynwnnovynwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    just finished my first sca today... took me about 10h (!)
    lets pray xbox users will charge a lot of zen in return!
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    novynwn wrote: »
    just finished my first sca today... took me about 10h (!)
    lets pray xbox users will charge a lot of zen in return!

I did it to. I needed 50 minutes for a tier 1 6-enconter adventure. I had to relog at least half a dozen times for each throw of the dice. And some more for collecting the results.
    I kept trying it and stayed on the game and pc all the time.

Cryptic: this last update or change to the gateway was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Simply unusable <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is what i see at my end now:

Gateway_error_3_1.jpg

No comment...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• khareqanwikhareqanwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I use the gateway a lot and this has always happened. The lag just makes it more likely. when you click on a new task the game selects an asset to assign to the task. You click collect taxes and your best available leadship asset will be the default do-er of the task. If you start a 'collect taxes' and then click to do a second one you can click so fast that the page grabs the same asset it previous grabbed because you are starting the new task before the page has told the database that you just started another task using asset XXXX. So now the new task grabs that same asset and realizes that its busy so they start button is greyed out. Or something like that. Its based on timing. When there is lag its just more likely to happen. So I start collecting taxes and adventurer #1234 is assigned. I click start and quickly click collect taxes and again adventurer #1234 is defaulted for the task and the task is jammed up. To fix it, go back to the task list and choose a new task, click back, and then choose collect taxes again.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps it's the latest anti-botting measure. Hard to run those gateway bots if there is no gateway.
    Problem solved....
  • rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2015
    it's been almost a day and still not fixed. i guess they're too busy with x box version problems...
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Team's likely too busy getting ready for the Xbox roll out to focus on this as well. Also keep in mind it's a smaller team, with the recent layoffs.
  • bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    rovadix wrote: »
    it's been almost a day and still not fixed. i guess they're too busy with x box version problems...
    With this kind of service soon there will be no need for gateways and xbox versions.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still having issues on my end as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • youngdeathsteryoungdeathster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can't connect to gateway at all. Getting Secure Connection Failed error. Doesn't matter which browser I use. Gateway has been having issues this whole week. Laggy yesterday and disconnects randomly as well. 1.jpg
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still haven't successfully connected. I'm on Firefox 37.0, if that helps.
  • muskowski198muskowski198 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Would it be to much to ask for an update?

As you can see in the picture below, dev's are working hard to fix this issue:
    b7e.jpg
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As you can see in the picture below, dev's are working hard to fix this issue:
    b7e.jpg

That dog is wearing a tie! That's obviously a manager or supervisor, and not a developer...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cb9eaff671f34afe9b67e71517428ee6.jpg

same problem here!
  • muskowski198muskowski198 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    That dog is wearing a tie! That's obviously a manager or supervisor, and not a developer...

No. It's because today is the day when xbox version is released. You know...big day...that's why even dev's are wearing ties.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ITs still not working very good.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    ITs still not working very good.

I enter my credentials and it just spins for literally hours. Any word on when it may improve/restored to operation?
    :(
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mother of mercy!
    Little-Caesar-006.jpg
    Is this the end of Gateway?

Myaah!
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is not really related to the connection problems, but some player mentioned that there will be future Gateway Issues because the new Firefox in Version 37 will not be able to identify the new SSL Certificate which means we will not have a secure connection to the gateway again.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I enter my credentials and it just spins for literally hours. Any word on when it may improve/restored to operation?
    :(

That's better than me. For most of the day Firefox has just been giving me a "Secure Connection Failed" error.
    karakla1 wrote: »
    It is not really related to the connection problems, but some player mentioned that there will be future Gateway Issues because the new Firefox in Version 37 will not be able to identify the new SSL Certificate which means we will not have a secure connection to the gateway again.

Hmm... I did upgrade to Firefox 37 earlier.