test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot invoke anymore

rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
My level 60 TR character (Edric@rhoriangelus) cannot invoke for some reason. I do not get any error messages, he does not do the invoke animation. He simply stands there doing nothing no matter how much I press ctrl-I.

I tried changing the hotkey, I tried moving to a different instance, I tried using different invocation points in different zones, I tried clicking on the god icon by the minimap - nothing is working. He simply will not invoke no matter what I do. I even tried logging out, exiting the game completely, so on.

1. I absolutely, positively have completely Blacklake prior to now. He invoked fine yesterday. In fact, I had 6 coins saved up on him, I had to refresh them via the gateway.

2. I definitely am completely inside the circle to invoke. The little Selunite icon lights up and everything, I'm just unable to click it or invoke at all.

ALL of my other characters (25 of them) invoked just fine, but that one will not. It's been ongoing for many hours at this point, I've been logging over to him randomly throughout the day to check if it's fixed, and it still is not.
Post edited by rhoriangelus on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is your bag full and game won't let you because there's no room for a potion? (Which should technically go in overflow if so, but you never know.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I knew there was a point I forgot. My bags have plenty of space, and nothing in the overflow bag. Invocation is just plain broken for that character.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    There are issues collecting some things if your profession bags are full, even though the items one would get wouldn't go in them. Currency bag was like this too but that bag's issue should have been resolved with the currency bag change. Perhaps the companion bag too, I'd check that also, just in case.

To go even crazier on troubleshooting, what about the character's personal bank? Is that full? Shared bank?
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    There are issues collecting some things if your profession bags are full, even though the items one would get wouldn't go in them. Currency bag was like this too but that bag's issue should have been resolved with the currency bag change. Perhaps the companion bag too, I'd check that also, just in case.

To go even crazier on troubleshooting, what about the character's personal bank? Is that full? Shared bank?

Profession bag, companion bag, personal & shared bank, and mailbox all have plenty of space, and I even checked my overflow experience and unrefined AD just in case, but he's still not invoking. I don't get any 'can't do that yet' or 'inventory full' errors, no sounds, no animation, he simply doesn't respond to any way I try to get him to invoke. I have no idea what else I can double check to make sure there's room.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for checking! Sorry none of this has been of any help. As an alt-addict, I can only imagine how frustrating this would be.

Just keep updating your Support Ticket about once a week unless they tell you to make a bug report. If Support ever tells someone to make a bug report, that means it's an issue in game that they cannot fix and will require a patch. Let me know if they tell you this and I'll make sure this gets in our weekly reports for the QA team and Developers.

As long as you make a ticket as a Support Ticket or in-game GM Ticket, and not a bug report, you can find your ticket here. You can then enter the ticket and communicate with support via the Update option and text field. You may also feel free to relay your ticket id here (just not their word-for-word responses, as our Privacy Policy and Forum Rules doesn't allow this latter).

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • tacoocat96tacoocat96 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As of last night, all of sudden, one (and only one) of my Alts can no longer invoke.

The button is there and it looks ready to invoke (no timer), but nothing happens when i click it or press CRTL-I.
    The CRTL-I is even highlighted when i am in the campfire (it dims when one isn't in the campfire).

I tried rebooting and I even went to a different box. The rest of the chars are fine. It is CRAZY

I didn't do any of that multi-god <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people were doing a year ago, either.

Any ideas?
    edited March 2015
    yes, I have
    edited March 2015
    I've been having this issue too, for weeks now. I asked for GM help, they told me to submit a bug report, and I started a thread on the bug report forum.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?832881-Cannot-invoke-anymore
    edited March 2015
    ok, same deal with 1 of my alts. At least I know it will never be fixed. I will just move on.
    edited March 2015
    I've been having this issue too, for weeks now. I asked for GM help, they told me to submit a bug report, and I started a thread on the bug report forum.

Thanks! At least I know to stop trying. That Alt just won't ever be able to pray. Done!
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm sure this isn't the case, but just to rule everything else out, maybe there's a chance you accidentally altered the key bind for that one character. Since it shouldn't hurt anything else, copy you binds from one character that is correctly invoking and load them onto the "broken" alt.

Line commands are:

/bind_save (do this on a character that is invoking correctly)
    /bind_load (on the alt)

I'm sure it's something else, but worth a shot.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015

You could try submitting a support ticket. Don't expect miracles, but that might get somebody else's attention than the forum does... ...and if several people's tickets regarding an identical problem accumulate, they know that they'll have to do something :^)
    edited March 2015
    it's not the key bind because clicking the GUI also doesn't work
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There were cases where some characters somehow had two dieties and they fixed that. Perhaps this is an effect of that maybe?
    edited March 2015
    You could try submitting a support ticket. Don't expect miracles, but that might get somebody else's attention than the forum does... ...and if several people's tickets regarding an identical problem accumulate, they know that they'll have to do something :^)

Already tried that. They had me force verify and do a couple small things before giving up and going "well, file a bug report".

It's also not a result of the multiple deity thing. I didn't use that glitch and had no idea it existed until it had been fixed.

It's worth noting, however, that copying the character to the preview server DOES let him invoke. So hopefully it'll be fixed by the next module, but that's still more than two months of invoking I missed out on :/
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I dont think it was an active glitch, sounded more like something that just happened, instead of making it intentionally happen.

And if moving the character to preview worked. Maybe new mod will fix it or maybe having them rollback the character will fix it. (probably not all the way back to when it first started occuring but just having the character reloaded from the most recent record from it in the database will fix it)
  • drizzt2510drizzt2510 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am a level 16 player, I complete the "Companion" quest, by meeting the Companion Master in the Emporium, I asked for a Mage companion, and then the HUD said I did got one and should check the inventory, the task status changed to complete and was assigned a new quest "Care for your companion", but when I checked my inventory for idle companion, I found it was empty. Now I am too disappointed that I completed the quest for nothing. Please check this matter, my usertag is drizzt2510 and my playable character is the wood elf hunter ranger.
  • ryuk233ryuk233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My level 60 TR character (Edric@rhoriangelus) cannot invoke for some reason. I do not get any error messages, he does not do the invoke animation. He simply stands there doing nothing no matter how much I press ctrl-I.

I tried changing the hotkey, I tried moving to a different instance, I tried using different invocation points in different zones, I tried clicking on the god icon by the minimap - nothing is working. He simply will not invoke no matter what I do. I even tried logging out, exiting the game completely, so on.

1. I absolutely, positively have completely Blacklake prior to now. He invoked fine yesterday. In fact, I had 6 coins saved up on him, I had to refresh them via the gateway.

2. I definitely am completely inside the circle to invoke. The little Selunite icon lights up and everything, I'm just unable to click it or invoke at all.

ALL of my other characters (25 of them) invoked just fine, but that one will not. It's been ongoing for many hours at this point, I've been logging over to him randomly throughout the day to check if it's fixed, and it still is not.

hey i gat the same problem on one of my toons a lv 60 waylords and the GM dont see to know why so i stop playing it