test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing item tooltips

konghestkonghest Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
So, I'm not completely sure if it's me who did something wrong or it's a bug, but I am missing ALL item tooltips since the first time I logged out. They were there during the starting quests, but then seemed to disappear.

It's really kind of gamebreaking, since you want to be able to quickly compare the phat loot you pick up and replace your crappy white ones, instead of having to open character sheet, inspect equipped item, open inventory, inspect possible replacement.
Also seems to be affecting the vendor items for sale, can't even click 'Y' to inspect those.

I have been looking all around the settings, can't seem to find a "Disable/Enable Tooltips"-option anywhere.

EDIT: Moved to proper bug reporting section (Thanks, devildriver1987)
Post edited by konghest on

Comments

• Options
    devildriver1987devildriver1987 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    YES! There doesn't seem to be a compare option from what I have seen! yes slightly annoying I admit. Add this to bug report in the Thread dedicated to it buddy.
    Don't follow me....you will only find yourself lost at the end of it all.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    EDIT: Double post, please delete this one at least, then :-D
  • Options
    misfits1182misfits1182 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here, was working for a little bit, then just disappeared.
  • Options
    enigmaticlyenigmaticly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exact same happened to me. Worked for a little while then stopped all together.

When it was working though it only showed the stat changes NOT the actual items stats. IMO having an interface that compares both the items stats AND the stat changes (Just like PC version) would be optimal.
  • Options
    expulselegendexpulselegend Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same thiing here, was working for a little bit, then just disappeared. Weird
  • Options
    tocaroguetocarogue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You have to log out and close the game to make the tool tips come back.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015

Greetings adventurers!

Just wanted to let you all know that we've found a fix for this issue and that it will not be present when Neverwinter releases! :)

Until then, we recommend relogging if you find yourself experiencing this issue.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :D

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Someone told me on Reddit that they realized one of the causes for this issue, but for whatever reason, they can't log on to the forums here to post it. Here's what they said "100% if you let your game go idle and the controller shuts off, the tips stop working. It also happens sometimes if it just goes idle but the controller stays on, but it's 100% of the time for both my wife and I if the controller does shut off."

So please avoid having your game go idle to minimize the chances of this happening.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    z33n4z33n4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will the fix include timing us out?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    z33n4 wrote: »
    Will the fix include timing us out?

I thought they already hotfixed it tbh.
    The tooltips came back and stayed same day I posted this thread.

Anyhow, I assume the fix will be a fix and not a workaround, so the tooltips should just work for everyone, all the time :)
  • Options
    borochigoroborochigoro Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2015
    With a reset is arranged peo happens a lot.

****Queremos versión en Español en la Xbox One****