test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things you'd be willing to pay for

ethnyaethnya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Let's give Cryptic/PWE some ideas here. I like the game and know that more more Zen purchases means more money for development and improvements. Sure we'd like everything for free, but here's some things that I might be willing to buy when the time comes, if it were implemented. Please add your own. Forgive me if I mention something that already exists, I'm not a pro yet.

In no particular order:

-More space. More Bank Space, more Inventory Space, More "Treasures" space. There are already ways to buy some of this, but I'd like to see it expanded further - you can buy more character slots that's true, and even use them for mules I suppose, but what if you wanted more space on your main character for convenience? Mailing stuff back and forth is a hassle. I can buy up to 50 character slots, why can't I buy the bank upgrade a dozen times? Every new content patch adds new stuff you can get in your inventory, but there aren't new ways to increase your total inventory space.

-Not-ridiculous-profession-rushing. The rush on tasks is so high it's absurd, even at low levels. Sell us for Zen the ability to have 1 or 2 "free profession rush" tokens per day. Also related might be to make AD costs for profession rush (and companion-training rush?) scale a little better. It is a theoretical AD sink, but if it is considered a poor use of AD, people aren't actually sinking AD into it anyway.

-"Investment", for a decent chunk of Zen, sell a daily grab-bag. Fill it with some of your lowest-selling but nevertheless useful consumables (make them all BOA or BOP). The amount of Zen you pay would be enough such that maybe after 6 months you would break even on the value of the consumables. Deliver the bag on the once-daily invoke when you get the celestial coins. A person who was planning on sticking with the game a long time could make a good investment this way, while at the same time buying from Cryptic something that they (probably) wouldn't have bought otherwise.

What are your ideas?
Post edited by ethnya on

Comments

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like more space but not more bags.. I mean more slots in the bags that I have. I'd pay for them. I'd also like to do away with the borders so that they are all ONE bag (visually, anyway.)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited September 2014
    I would pay to unbind companions or mounts, so I could send to an alt.

Same with Seals.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just make a potential 6th bag slot available.

I would imagine this would be fairly easy and lead to a LOT of 1000 ZEN bag sales....
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    berylgreen wrote: »

Same with Seals.

this
    10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Yep, also this.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    Thread cleansed. Please keep it constructive and on topic folks. This thread is not for ranting and criticism jabs or insults. Please don't reply to this notice, as doing so is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would be willing to pay to unbind items, or at least to make a character bound items account bound instead.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Same with Seals.

THIS.
    And it doesn't even have to really "unbind" (I can see an opening for real abuse in that case).

I'd call it something like a "Companion Transfer Token" that ONLY works on account, which basically just converts it into Bind to Account, so it can;t be sold or traded in the AH or given away willy-nilly. The same thing for non-Zen store Mounts. Having something like this won't prevent me from buying new companions or mounts, but it would squeeze an extra 1000 or 1500 Zen out of me per "token".

But I won't hold my breath, not only because the marketing/revenue-generation departments would hate the idea, but I'm not so sure it's technically possible as I suspect UUID Item permissions only work inward and not outward, meaning a full permissions (BoE) item once turned to BtA or BoE is now stuck that way. Like going into a one-way tunnel or something.

~sigh~ We can dream.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The ability to discard the undiscardable. Seals, Scripts, and Coins, Oh my!

I'm on board with the Unbind Mount/Companion thing to make it Acct bound too.

But what I would pay for is the ability to be able to transfer AD to a Guild/Personal Bank. It still seems strange to me that we just can't simply add AD to banks, whether Guild/personal. Maybe a one-time unlock Token. Moving AD via ZAX is cumbersome.

I would also purchase Transmute Tokens. A token would be good for, say, 10 transmutes and be around 400 Zen.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
    edited September 2014
    How about a 'Contract Broker' for companions. You trade in your old contracts (companions) for credits against a new contract (with a new companion.) It wouldn't even have to be that much.. just something better than nothing. And of course not to be applied for account unlocked companions... like you can't consume class artifacts.

But I have purchased and won companions that I really have limited use for.. but am getting enough use out of them that I can't justify replacing them. Unless turning them loose can somehow help me in hiring a replacement.

Ok. That doesn't really fit here- looking for something I'd pay for. BUT- I'd pay for the new companion if it didn't cost quite as much because I had some credits from cancelled contracts? Sort of fits.

Needs work to be any kind of viable suggestion, I'm sure.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • calleanacalleana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would pay to add space to the guild banks. Not an additional tab, but more rows like we can buy for our personal banks.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    10-man raids with guaranteed BIS gear drop, new PVP modes, new PVP maps
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A few of my "like to haves" that I'd be willing to pay Zen or ADs for:

1. An item that summons a personal/account banker and/or postal courier.

2. Mount and companion dye packs.

3. Weapon dye packs.

4. Weapon and/or armor transmute packs in the Zen or AD store.

5. Player housing (with useful functionality included).

6. Some or all of the mounts added as companions - so for instance I could ride a polar bear around AND have it act as a companion when I get off of it and start fighting enemies.

7. The addition of store to all campaign areas that takes gold and offers campaign specific items - be they transmutes, relevant armor & weapons, etc.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Change status of items bound(character) to bound to account, I would like to move my 10+ legendary artifacts and companions across my characters. I wouldn't say that we are dreaming considering that they added the Dread Ring and Sharandar campaign completion thanks to the QQ of the lazy people so this might arrive sooner or later, 2k-5k zen whenever you want to unbind an item, cost increase according to the level.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • velinitorvelinitor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A reusable token/item/artifact that opens the travel map for use. Teleport scrolls are nice but one does not always want to travel via Protectors Lagplace.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Portable Mailbox that allows you to take things out.
    also a "portal item" to teleport from anywhere on map instead of just from exit.

More cosmetic items with various themes (such as assassin, berserker, necromancer,) Cosmetic weapon skins also with cool particle effects.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited September 2014
    A lot of things being posted here that are good QoL improvements.. but hard to see how I could/would pay for them.. Things that the designers should put in place because they want players to enjoy being here.. just sayin'. Yeah, I know 'just sayin'' is taboo. But there it is.
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    I would be willing to pay to unbind items, or at least to make a character bound items account bound instead.

I woudl pay for a substantual account stash that is about as big as the standard bank box;
    I would also like to see more outfit options maybe something you can waer over your armor like a talbard with your deitys logo.

While on that topic isnt corellons symbol a blue Moon with silver vines on it I thought the star was bahamut.

I would pay for a calssic Neverwinter hireling liek Deaken the Kobold RedDragon Decyple

I woul dpay for a true flying mount that is of course if you can ever conect the areas VIA seamless area transactions.

on a related topic of mounts a button to turn mounts invisible would be nice at this point but I think the mounts and alters don't need to be makeing apperinces in town, some more healing ares in town would be nice yes but I don't think player alters need to be the areas since your grafics customization is kinda pathetic (lets be honest it SUCKS)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder how feasible a "pack mule" companion would be, who has a very basic kick attack, (with rear legs), but more importantly offers a nice amount of extra storage. Maybe it could even have a function to send it off to sell the items it's carrying...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I woul pay for a little player home XD its been done beofre I know but its a ridiclious thing I would pocket money into specaly if i could use it as a storefront/ stash
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All of the above...

In addition, I'd pay to unlock a solo dungeon mode that let me enter any of the existing dungeons but would add all of my active companions as party members and scale the dungeon critters to my level. Right now, except for the highest-level dungeons, soloing them isn't much of a challenge, and I do it only when bored.

There actually is one room in Cragmire Crypts that does scale to my level: I think it's near the start of the lower level, but some of the critters actually spawn at level 60. I know it's likely a bug, but it was a very welcome surprise. It's only too bad it doesn't happen more often.

Oh yeah...I'd *really* be willing to pay for a changeable companion that let me capture/coax/convince any "normal" (non-boss) critter to join me as a companion (until I replaced it with a different one). You'd have to prevent it from ever being used in PvP, but otherwise it could be loads of fun.

Could it confuse players? Sure, but I could already do that with my phase spider: kill the four powries above the Wyldwood gate, then sit above them on the thorn arch while letting the spider hang out on the ground. Strangely enough, when the powries respawn they leave it alone until you attack them. It's fun watching a GWF go charging up to the phase spider and try to attack it, assuming that it must be on their side since they left it alone!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited September 2014
    kyonesiver wrote: »
    I would also like to see more outfit options maybe something you can waer over your armor like a talbard with your deitys logo.

(Sorry, removed rest of post because even when I corrected the ridiculous number of typos, I couldn't make much sense of it because some of it wasn't typed well and some of it was just insulting and whatever. Drink less, maybe.)

I want to be able to wear tunics or whatever over my armor as well. I do not care about dieties though. So let me pay to dress the way I want, and then let me pay again to put deity decals on if that is what I want to do.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    Thread cleansed, again. Please keep it constructive and on topic folks. Further off-topic posts will result in official infractions. This thread is not for ranting and criticism jabs or insults. It is also not for requests on game fixes or stability. It is for the request of gameplay features. Please don't reply to this notice, as doing so is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!
    edited September 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    All of the above...

In addition, I'd pay to unlock a solo dungeon mode that let me enter any of the existing dungeons but would add all of my active companions as party members and scale the dungeon critters to my level. Right now, except for the highest-level dungeons, soloing them isn't much of a challenge, and I do it only when bored.

There actually is one room in Cragmire Crypts that does scale to my level: I think it's near the start of the lower level, but some of the critters actually spawn at level 60. I know it's likely a bug, but it was a very welcome surprise. It's only too bad it doesn't happen more often.

Oh yeah...I'd *really* be willing to pay for a changeable companion that let me capture/coax/convince any "normal" (non-boss) critter to join me as a companion (until I replaced it with a different one). You'd have to prevent it from ever being used in PvP, but otherwise it could be loads of fun.

Could it confuse players? Sure, but I could already do that with my phase spider: kill the four powries above the Wyldwood gate, then sit above them on the thorn arch while letting the spider hang out on the ground. Strangely enough, when the powries respawn they leave it alone until you attack them. It's fun watching a GWF go charging up to the phase spider and try to attack it, assuming that it must be on their side since they left it alone!

Ok.. well apart from the weird braggadocio suggesting that Dungeons don't challenge you solo.. you didn't really expect anyone to believe that BS did you? There is no magick here. You hit with the same lousy stick I hit with and I get hit with the same lousy stick you get hit with. And I roll my fingers across the same silly keys that you roll your fingers over, because there are not that many options and no rocket science here.
    But whatever, who cares.

I like the idea of going in as a team with my companions.. That is all I wanted to say...
    edited September 2014
    A few things I'd be willing to pay Zen for are:
    • High-End Housing (I feel base housing should start at Gold Coins, then better for AD, and the best for Zen)
    • High End Housing Storage (see link above for details on lower end storage)
    • Housing Fluff
    • Single White Dye Bottles
    • More Bag Slots to place my bags in
    • Account-Wide Companions
    • Account-Wide or Character-Specific removal of Transmutation Fees
    • Initial Stat Re-Roll Token
    • Homeland & Deity Re-choice Token
    • More Foundry Slots beyond the base free ones

(Yes, I really want single white dyes... so I chanted it thrice!)
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    A few things I'd be willing to pay Zen for are:
    • High-End Housing (I feel base housing should start at Gold Coins, then better for AD, and the best for Zen)
    • High End Housing Storage (see link above for details on lower end storage)
    • Housing Fluff
    • More Bag Slots to place my bags in
    • Account-Wide Companions
    • Account-Wide or Character-Specific removal of Transmutation Fees
    • Initial Stat Re-Roll Token
    • Homeland & Deity Re-choice Token
    • More Foundry Slots beyond the base free ones

(Yes, I really want single white dyes... so I chanted it thrice!)

LOL.. all good stuff. I really think they need to look at their other games.. and at how many hideouts I paid for to use among my 34 characters.. just as an example. Housing and personal storage are a must.. you don't scalp people for that. You give them good and offer to sell them better. Then they don't dislike you. =)

1 year in STO, then 2 years in CO. I am hoping NW can keep up the trend of no-anger. Because although I have been here for the last year+, I still have subscriptions in the others. I got tired, but I didn't get annoyed.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My list:

Configuration slots
    I have 6 different configurations of powers, gear and companions. I would pay for the convenience of being able to switch between them easily.

Companion unbinding
    I would pay for a token that allowed me to change BtC companions to BtA so I could transfer companions from any alts I might not want to play any more.

Housing
    Would love to have a place of my own - with wardrobe and stables.

Single-color dyes
    Any color used in any dye pack should be available stand-alone.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want to be able to change my deity and place of origin. I also want to be able to choose IO, Bahamut, and Tiamat as gods as well as a few others I can't remember right now. I am a cleric of Bahamut by goly!

Player housing is something I'd squeal like a little school girl over. Seriously, let me buy/build a house and I'll throw more money at it than you can count on one hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What i said I would buy and did was the race respec.

Going forward I would buy the belial companion if it wasn't bound up with a bunch of stuff I don't want. Also cosmetic items. The game has fairly few, weird considering the variety of them in sto.

I'd also probably buy more things if the prices made more sense. 10 bucks for a coal ward was and is dumb.

Would pay for a dual spec option dumb as it would be to have to pay for that in an mmo in 2014.

I do not want to pay for random outcome items at all ever especially when the probability of an outcome is undefined. Never buying dungeon keys from the market ever.
This discussion has been closed.