test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Akromatik's Icon Contest

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Art and Fiction
Lately, I've been feeling like my posts lack pizzazz...

The cure for this? A Design My Avatar contest!

Unleash your inner artist and post your work in this thread! I'll review the submissions and announce the winner on May 1st!

The winner will receive a Hunter Ranger booster pack in addition to the fame and glory that goes with having your work featured in all of my posts!

Important:
-The maximum size of your custom image is 82 by 82 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

-Be sure to keep it forum-friendly. guys. Any depictions of profanity or explicit material will promptly be deleted!

Pro-tip: As a devout fan of Umberlee, things associated with the ocean and sea are near and dear to my heart ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You are evil. -grins-

I'm all in on this one.
    BUT - if I win [yeah, I'm shameless] (and seriously speaking) - then have a drawing for the HR pack and give to someone else (I already bought one - but I love contests)!

This shall be FUN! I look forward to seeing what all appears!
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Akromatik.jpg

I'm going for a simplistic design.

I think I should explain the design a bit.

Initially, when I saw the post, I thought of making a logo which will be mix of all the letters in "akromatik".

There is thus some resemblance of the letters A, K, R, O and I in the logo.

However, midway I changed my mind and just went with the image that I had in my mind which is a triangular image. I have a feeling I was influenced by the Abstergo logo from Assassin's Creed.

I also opted for a simplistic design since it feels more formal for me. I feel that since akromatik is the community manager and an employee of PWE, the avatar used should have a more formal feel to it and thus the logo feels as though it would suit a company and not a person. This is also why only the colours Blue, Black and White (all I believe to give a professional feel) are used. Of course, part of the reason for a simplistic design is also that it is easier for me to make too.

Thus, the end product became this. It is a combination of what I set out to do and what I had in my mind at that moment.

I didn't see the protip at the time I made it so there is thus no reference to Umberlee or the sea, unless you consider the colour "blue" as a reference to the sea, but it is not intended.
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It might sound a bit of weird... but:

If the avatar had a gender, then should it be male or female ^^;

Feeling stupid a bit while asking such question ~ Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Zzz

/10chars
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • lenorettalenoretta Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry i couldn't stop myself from doing this weird unicorn thing xD

eDcIyX3.png
    edited April 2014
    Akromatic, I made this based in a sea witch, I hope you like it. :)

10htzbd.jpg

Wow! Quite amazing to be done from a scratch in such short time! Are you perchance a professional digital graphic artist?
    lenoretta wrote: »
    Sorry i couldn't stop myself from doing this weird unicorn thing xD

eDcIyX3.png

Aww... that's cute. For now: I'm rooting for you ;)
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The unicorn is my fav so far :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    d21e4 wrote: »
    It might sound a bit of weird... but:

If the avatar had a gender, then should it be male or female ^^;

Feeling stupid a bit while asking such question ~ Angry Neko Elf

No need to feel silly, Neko Elf!

Umberlee is female, but I'm male. As long as I have a cool avatar, I'm totally fine either way :)

All of these look great, btw! ^_^
    edited April 2014
    Wow..I like the unicorn.
    edited April 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    Fish.jpg
    The Knightfish
    Always ready for Battle

ROTFL !!!!!

Unable to get up ~ Angry Neko Elf ;)
    edited April 2014
    Okaaaay...

Here're a few:

A Sea Dragon:

Akromatik.jpg

How about an Akromatik'd Stylized Trident?

AkromatikTrident.jpg

A common style of Umberlee symbol:

Umberlee1.jpg

Okay, it's official: I'm outa ideas... :\

iDunno.jpg

And I refer to post #2 above. I am doing this only for fun, so if you, Akromatik, do choose one of these I ask you to have a drawing or something and award the prize to one of the other great submissions in this thread!
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    xkH868x.jpg

a hand-drawn umberlee logo with friendly kraken. :p
    edited May 2014
    As it stands: I failed to do mine on time. Just... too many commissions and side-chores hit me once I tried to revive my DevArt and create Pixiv >_<.

I still am really interested in who won though :D. Some entries are mega fun~

On my side (dear Boss Manager) I promise to end my entry past contest time merely for entertainment since I already started it ^^;. It's not like I was aiming to win anyway since my HR is too much of a big girl to have great use in HR pack anymore, so... just for honor I'll try finish thing started. (also I never win such things... best get 3rd place, quite often >_>)

Anyway: I'm really curious who won :D (though I hoped to see even more entries... are more coming?)

Sincerely Yours~ Angry Neko Elf
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    akromatik_zpse6675156.jpg

I watched your let's play. lol

• akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

I'd like to begin by saying how blown away I was by the amazing artistic talent the Neverwinter community has. I love ALL of these icons and would be proud to have any of them.

In fact, I was *SO* undecided that I asked for a little help from the rest of the Neverwinter team and we found a winner...

the winner of the "Design Akromatik's Icon Contest" is...

lenoretta who submitted a lovely watery unicorn!

eDcIyX3.png

Like I said before, I would be elated to have any of these as my icon and you should all be proud of the fantastic art you've created.

Keep creating, guys. You're all doin' great :)

edited May 2014
    Congratulations Lenoretta!

-claps-
  • lenorettalenoretta Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I didn't expected that :D Thanks :)
    edited May 2014
    Somehow I knew this Unicorn was too magical to loose :D (and I think it's mare :) )
    edited May 2014
    Congrats Lenoretta=)