test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Few New Toys

crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2013 in The Foundry
Hi all!

With today's patch, a couple new and interesting objects have been added to the foundry.

Speed Boost Volumes
As seen in the winter event race track, these speed boost volumes will temporarily grant accelerated run speed for any player or monster that enters.

Slow Fall Volumes
Anything that enters this volume will fall much more slowly while still allowing you some pretty good air control. It's kind of like low gravity, but you can't moon jump from a standing start.

Slippery Volumes
Anything entering this volume will slip and slide as if they were on ice.

Give these new effects a try, but be careful... I lost a couple hours making epic ski jumps with the speed boost and slow fall volumes :)

Object Names:

Volume Slow Fall 500x500x500
Volume Slow Fall 100x100x100
Volume Slow Fall 40x40x40
Volume Slippery 200x100
Volume Slippery 200x200
Volume Slippery 50x50
Volume Speedboost 03
Volume Speedboost 02
Volume Speedboost 01
Post edited by crypticmapolis on

Comments

• Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi all!

With today's patch, a couple new and interesting objects have been added to the foundry.

Speed Boost Volumes
    As seen in the winter event race track, these speed boost volumes will temporarily grant accelerated run speed for any player or monster that enters.

Slow Fall Volumes
    Anything that enters this volume will fall much more slowly while still allowing you some pretty good air control. It's kind of like low gravity, but you can't moon jump from a standing start.

Slippery Volumes
    Anything entering this volume will slip and slide as if they were on ice.

Give these new effects a try, but be careful... I lost a couple hours making epic ski jumps with the speed boost and slow fall volumes :)

Object Names:

Volume Slow Fall 500x500x500
    Volume Slow Fall 100x100x100
    Volume Slow Fall 40x40x40
    Volume Slippery 200x100
    Volume Slippery 200x200
    Volume Slippery 50x50
    Volume Speedboost 03
    Volume Speedboost 02
    Volume Speedboost 01

Nice, thanks.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's amazing! Very interesting additions:)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I feel a NASTY ITCH for creating a ridiculously fun physical puzzle coming on....
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We were good this year for Simril! Now, if we are really really good, can we get some of the details and map objects from the festival? Those are gorgeous!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Thank you! This sounds awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Wow, these ARE fun. I'm looking forward to all the crazy stuff our characters will be doing in foundries now.

Also I changed my mind about the art assets. I don't just want those lanterns in my foundry, I want them in my house. I think Cryptic should go straight to ThinkGeek and get them made. Take my money!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    W00t! Thanks!

Bug? I just tried Volume Slippery 50x50 in Foundry last night and it didn't seem to have any slippery effect like the ice in the winter festival. I did just place it using the 2D editor and haven't gotten a chance to verify it's height using the 3D previewer yet however. Maybe it's anchor is too low/high for default 2D placement??

I'll try and verify tonight.

Edit: More info...

Bug: There is no (green? since they are enterable?) box in detail icon palette for any of these volumes.
    Bug: There is no (green?) 3-D mini-preview cube so we can rotate and decipher anchor point.

So, what I *actually* did was put down a 50' ruler cube and changed it's asset to Volume Slippery 50'. So, that could have displaced my volume above/below the terrain.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It seems to me that in the 200x100 at least the placement point is the lower right hand corner(?) which might also affect this.

Edited: I just tested the 50x50 next to the 200x100 (and at the same height) and it looks like I'm not getting the effect on the 50x50.
  • Options
    crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    The pivot is actually in the corner for the slippery volumes, and you should be able to see it in the 3D editor (I just tested to verify).
    As long as your avatar is touching the volume you should get the effect, and from what I can see the 50x50 one works. Make sure you're not set to Untargetable, as that would make any of those volumes not affect you.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The pivot is actually in the corner for the slippery volumes, and you should be able to see it in the 3D editor (I just tested to verify).

Now if we could just get the anchor point "marked" (small x/y/z lines? selection box?) for assets in the 3-D mini-previewer we wouldn't have to wildly spin things around trying to intuit the center-point.