A small bit of Foundry love in Thursday's Patch

kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Foundry
Post edited by kithlis on

Comments

• antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's good news.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Huzzah! That is a glorious boon, indeed! Thanks Cryptic!
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why won't the forums let me smile big? :(

!!! !!! !!!
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We have 40 total at STO, fyi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow. Very nice.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Does this mean I have to give up my kingdom? :D
    My Kngdom for more foundry quest slots

Actually it was that thread that prompted me to bug some people to increase the limit. I expect the keys to the kingdom the instant the new patch hits :)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow! that's really nice!
    Even if I'm not close to 10 yet, 15 gives us more room. I hope we'll keep getting more with time.
    thanks!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • stompstomp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Wow! that's really nice!
    Even if I'm not close to 10 yet, 15 gives us more room. I hope we'll keep getting more with time.
    thanks!

Theoretically Neverwinter should end up with as many as STO (40 apparently? Dayum)
    Got a story based Foundry mission you want me to try? Go here! - "Honest Feedback for a Good Story!"

Character Name: Argothial@Stomphoof
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is good. Coffee breaks over authors, get to work! LOL.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • builderxbuilderx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited December 2013
    while I like this idea - it is a very simple thing to do (change one variable), what about all the other things mention over and over and over again in these threads/posts not including the many many bugs outstanding....sounds like a bribe to me here you go boys another carrot.....
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is perfect, I was actually almost to the point where I would need more slots. I have another account but it doesn't count for achievements sadly.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited December 2013
    It's nice they are willing to up the count, but it doesn't help much if the quests we have aren't played. I'd rather have a fixed "New" tab and Featured system than an additional 5 quest slots.
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are several hundred borked dialogs for some reason on my third mission. I can't even figure out where to start with it due to the limitations of the dialog UI, and I'm not sure if it is fixable due to the new dialog limits which you can't view directly.

Combine that with the core design flaws in search, and it's just not worth it.

If search ever works well (and by that I mean something like intelligent matching, like 'you liked x,y,z, you will probably like this other mission', or even 'your friends liked these missions, why not try them' or SOMETHING), maybe I'll find it worth starting my missions over again (since at this point that's all I can think of)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the curious, my campaign thread is here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?348102-The-Fenwick-Cycle&highlight=Fenwick

There are some pics of what was and what was to come.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is great news, thank you!

We talk about "The Devs" like they have a hive mind but I think we know better. Any given person has control over a small portion of an organization. So if an individual who has the ability to up the foundry slots says "Well at least I can do this while the other stuff is being worked on" it isn't their fault that they can't also record sounds AND make art assets AND fix the database issues with the search.

For an example you may be very familiar with: I -KNOW- textbooks are overpriced. I look for the ones that give the most value to assign to my students. But as much as I want to me yelling at the publishing houses isn't going to do much. So when students complain about textbook prices I can only tell them I feel their pain and I try to mitigate that as much as I can.

I know all of you are in similar situations at work and home, so we can probably imagine what Cryptic is like too.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ