test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131112a.2 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Known Issues
  • UI: Companions and Companion Inspect: The Sword Coast Adventures section is currently not displaying.
  • Sword Coast Adventures: Most Tier 6 challenges are much easier than intended.

RESOLVED Known Issues
  • Collections: The Epic Equipment collection category currently shows no entries unless the By Location checkbox is checked.
  • Dread Ring: The Ashen Battlefield and the Dread Legion have cliff walls with blank white textures.
  • Gateway: Professions are temporarily non-functional as of this patch.
  • Gateway: Auction House is temporarily not showing "My Consignments."

Release Notes

Quests and Environment
Protector's Enclave
  • Alliances: This quest now also mentions Sword Coast Adventures as well as Active Companion Bonuses.
  • New quest: How Enchanting. This quest can be received from Sergeant Knox or the Level-Up window at level 15. It is still in early development, but should give an initial look at how the updated Refinement system will be introduced to players.

Dread Ring
  • A blue exclamation point now appears above the Arcane Forge for players who can forge a gauntlet that day.
  • The placement of encounters for contests has been adjusted to cause fewer overlaps with other encounters.
  • Contact Other Plane: This quest no longer has an extra "End Thayan Contracts" objective.
  • Many Dread Ring maps have received an updated audio pass for ambience.
  • Many quests have received text updates to be more accurate or flavorful.
  • More voice-over work for the Dread Ring has been added and improved.
  • Shadowfell areas now look much better on low end video settings.
  • All Dread Ring maps have received additional performance improvements and art updates.
  • Death Forge: This lair now has new and tamer fires for the Destroy Necromancy Components objective.
  • Valindra's Tower: Valindra's dragon summoning cutscene has received updates and improvements.
  • Campaign: Forging Gauntlets now take 20 hours.
  • Campaign: Many instances of "Location Key" have been updated to properly reference "Gauntlets."
  • Campaign: The daily quests schedule has changed to improve weekend play and other feedback.
  • Campaign: The Boons earned in this campaign now have updated icons.

Dungeons
  • A number of changes have been applied to several dungeons across the game:
    • Dungeon quests have been updated to clarify current quest objectives and progression on the dungeon maps, including defeat of each of the dungeon bosses.
    • Respawn campfires now unlock after players defeat minibosses, complete quest objectives, or achieve appropriate progression points on dungeon maps.
    • Holes in terrain have been fixed; additionally, warps have added beneath the maps to transport players to the starting safe area so players don't get stuck in bad places.
    • Bosses have been adjusted so they either have their own locked-in arenas or will return to their arenas so they don't get stuck in bad places.

Combat
All Classes
  • All classes will receive a free respec to use at their disposal to go along with the new Paragon Paths and other significant class changes.
  • Due to changes on the backend, Devoted Clerics and Great Weapon Fighters will receive a forced full respec of powers.
Control Wizard
  • Maelstrom of Chaos: This power now properly obeys line-of-sight rules.
  • Steal Time (Mastery) now also has a reduced cooldown when interrupted early.
  • Master of Flame: Fanning the Flame: Smoldering targets who die near Fanning the Flame targets now deal additional damage to them.
  • Master of Flame: Scorching Burst base damage increased by 15%, full charge damage bonus increased by 25%
  • Master of Flame: Smolder is now listed as a class mechanic under the passive powers instead of each power describing it.
  • Master of Flame: Furious Immolation: This power now properly obeys line-of-sight rules.
Devoted Cleric
  • Anointed Armor: This power now provides a significant flat AC increase in addition to the Deflect Chance.
  • Daunting Light: This power can now trigger all weapon enchantments.
  • Flame Strike: This power now properly obeys line-of-sight rules.
Great Weapon Fighter
  • Sword Master: Student of the Sword now correctly only affects enemy targets.
  • Iron Vanguard: Threatening Rush now provides Action Points when striking a target.
  • Iron Vanguard: Threatening Rush now rushes and recovers faster when used from Unstoppable.
Guardian Fighter
  • Aggravating Strike is now considered an at will for the purpose of feats, class features, enchantments and other abilities that should trigger or enhance effects.
  • Shield Slam is now considered an at will for the purpose of feats, class features, enchantments and other abilities that should trigger or enhance effects.
  • Sword Master: Student of the Sword now correctly only affects enemy targets.
  • Iron Vanguard: Threatening Rush now provides Action Points when striking a target.
Hunter Ranger
  • Aimed Strike now locks down movement to better match the animation.
  • Constricting Shot: This power no longer stacks together unpredictably.
  • Disruptive Shot no longer interrupts Elite enemies in order to bring it in line with other control powers.
  • Hawk Shot: This power no longer randomly adds significant extra damage.
  • Many Hunter Ranger powers have received updated sounds.
  • Many power descriptions have been updated for clarity.
  • Multiple Hunter Rangers no longer provide stacking bonuses from all of their buffs.
  • Rapid Strike: The visual FX on this power now more closely match the animations.
  • Split the Sky: This power can no longer create a damage feedback loop causing more damage than intended.
  • Split the Sky: The visual FX on this power have been improved.
  • The arrows used for many Hunter Ranger powers have received visual improvements.
  • The Hunter Ranger power tray now has a unique art overlay if the player is in Melee or Ranged mode.
  • Thorn Ward: The visual FX on this power have been improved.
Trickster Rogue
  • Impact Shot: This power's hit frame now more closely matches its visual FX and animation.
  • Smoke Bomb: This power now properly obeys line-of-sight rules.
  • Whisper Knife: Disheartening Strike now has the same range as Cloud of Steel.
  • Whisper Knife: Hateful Knives will now always benefit from Critical stat bonuses.
Companions
  • Aranea will now properly zap the targets of its active companion power.
  • Archmage's Apprentice: This companion's active bonus now grants up to a +165 Deflect and Lifesteal stat bonus.
  • Ioun Stone of Allure: This companion's active bonus now grants up to a 10% chance to slow targets hit by the player's encounter powers.
  • The Acolyte of Kelemvor now only casts Sword of Kelemvor while in combat, but will now always do it as the first action.
  • The active companion bonus for the Mystic Phoera has been changed to grant a +1000 bonus to Defense and Recovery on Resurrection.
  • The active companion bonus for the Mystic Phoera can now be applied alongside the normal Phoera's bonus.
  • The Cat now adds a small amount of Deflect chance in addition to its fall damage reduction.
  • The Dread Warrior now upgrades its active companion bonuses when its quality is improved.
  • The Ioun Stone of Might now also increases Guardian Fighter block regeneration rate.
  • The Thay Renegade is now considered Controller type companion.
  • The Tomb Spider now upgrades its active companion bonuses when its quality is improved.
Enemies and Encounters
  • Many Thayan enemies have received updated sounds.
  • Summoning Portals used in dungeons and skirmishes take 50% longer between each imp summoning.
  • Thayan Evoker: The Ice Storm attack also has a small repel on it to help get players out of the area.
  • Valindra's Tower: Valindra has received several FX updates to several of her attacks including the Soul Caskets and the Pillar of Light.

Foundry
  • Dread Ring enemies and encounters are now available for use.
  • Dungeon Portcullis doors no longer incorrectly cause an error when used to join rooms.

Gateway
  • Artifacts now display on the character sheet.
  • News and Emergency Broadcast Messages (red text) are now cached correctly and go away when expected.

Items and Economy
Artifacts
  • Amulet of Passage is now called Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue.
  • Artifacts may no longer be unequipped while on cooldown, and display an error message accordingly.
  • Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue has received some polish fixes, such as delaying the smoke effect so the player can see the Shopkeeper bow.
  • Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue now properly reduces its cooldown at higher qualities.
  • Blood Crystal Raven Skull will now always properly drain the temporary health given by its active power.
  • Eye of Lathander now increases incoming healing as well.
  • Eye of Lathander now uses the correct visual FX at all qualities.
  • Many Artifact powers have received updated sounds.
Item Sets
  • Control Wizard: Fatebender Set: All Encounter powers now properly remove stacks of Arcane Flux.
Misc.
  • Many older item sets have been received updated art to support the Hunter Ranger such as the Sinister, Redcap, Fomorian sets and many more.
  • The Trickster Rogue version of the Iliyanbruen Ancestral Helmet no longer removes hair.
  • Wards have had their text updated to reflect the new Refinement system.

Localization
  • The position of some buttons and text has been adjusted to better accommodate other languages in many UIs.

Professions
  • Leadership: This profession now has a chance to drop Refining Stones in the various boxes given as rewards for some tasks for use in Item Refinement.
  • Alchemy: There is now a rare Hunter Ranger dye pack task at rank 7 for Alchemy.

Sword Coast Adventures
  • Many additional animations and FX improvements have been added to Sword Coast Adventures.
  • Several formatting and layout issues in Sword Coast Adventures have been smoothed out.
  • The rewards given by Sword Coast Adventures have been updated.

User Interface (UI)
ARC
  • The support button now properly opens in the Arc Overlay when requested.
Campaign
  • Campaign task text no longer overlaps in certain places.
  • Campaign tasks now display a green checkmark on completed, non-repeatable tasks.
  • Dread Ring: The campaign store button now properly opens the store.
  • Dread Ring: The progress tracker has been adjusted to better show how many Thayan Research tasks are required.
  • If the player is on a Sharandar or Dread Ring map, the Campaign window now opens to the campaign corresponding to the map.
  • Players who do not have access to a given store now has a "Preview Store" button instead.
Character Sheet
  • All of the new ratings provided by Artifacts now display properly on the Character Sheet, as well as the Artifact itself.
  • Equipped items now use the wider tooltip layout introduced by Artifact tooltips.
Chat
  • The message received when Astral Diamonds are automatically refined is now a system message and should be more visible to players.
  • When pressing '/' to enter a chat command, it will no longer sometimes add an extra '/'.
Collections
  • Tooltips in the Artifacts category now indicate where each artifact can be acquired.
  • Ctrl+J (by default) now properly opens and closes the Collections window while in cursor mode.
  • Several content and text updates have been made to the Collections window.
Companions
  • Slotted Runestones may now be right-clicked for a context menu.
  • There is now an error message when attempting to slot a companion when all active slots are full.
Journal
  • Longer quest names no longer overlap other text.
Mail
  • There is now a clearer error message when attempting to send mail to a player with a full inbox.
  • When a player's mailbox is full, the HUD button for mail now turns red.
Partying
  • Vote-kicked players are now much more consistently removed from the party.
Powers
  • Power tooltips now act consistently no matter where they are being shown.
Refinement
  • A major audio improvement pass has been made to the Item Refinement interface.
  • Artifact tooltips have received minor layout and formatting updates.
  • Changing the target refinement item now clears all refinement slots.
  • Dropping a stack of items into a refinement slot now replaces the dropped-on slot and fills all other empty slots with items from that stack.
  • Players may now drag a valid item over a slotted Artifact to open the Item Refinement window.
  • There is now a confirmation when attempting to use an artifact or an item greater than rare quality to refine another item.
Welcome to Neverwinter Screen
  • The Event Details pane in the Calendar now has correct time formatting.

Graphics and Stability
  • The client no longer crashes when inspecting one party member's companion after another.
  • Several infrequent client and server crashes have been addressed.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Respawn campfires now unlock after you defeat quest objectives or appropriate progression points on dungeon maps.

I like that one - this has been one of the more annoying aspects for me when I have played with a PUG - always someone who wnats to exploit this.....I hope the fixes work as intended.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • reddracoflamereddracoflame Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is there any info on them looking into fixing the broken lillend passive "piercing notes"? it does not work.. she does not get the enhancement.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No changes to HR damage. Big mistake. HR is dead before it even hits Live. With you last changes, you are forcing people to use melee stance in order to survive. If I want to strictly use ranged stance I should be allowed to but with the huge damage decreases on ranged skills that is not possible now.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Really liking these changes. Especially the dungeon changes and companion changes. Would have like to see a change to the Portal Hound still though. I really like this companion, but the only way I can continue using it is if the active bonus is something better than a simple stat boost.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    • Aggravating Strike is now considered an at will for the purpose of feats, class features, enchantments and other abilities that should trigger or enhance effects.
    • Shield Slam is now considered an at will for the purpose of feats, class features, enchantments and other abilities that should trigger or enhance effects.
    So wonderful!

But:
    Sword Master: Student of the Sword now correctly only affects enemy targets.<<Does we have a feat for this?(don't see it on PTS, but i don't look especially for this one, so im maybe blind)
    Iron Vanguard: Threatening Rush now rushes and recovers faster when used from Unstoppable.<<This shouldn't be in for Guardian Fighter because he has no Unstoppable. Or do we get it?! O.o

So we only have to sum up over 20 Error left on GWF and GF...
    • Leadership: This profession now has a chance to drop Refining Stones in the various boxes given as rewards for some tasks for use in Item Refinement.
    How high the max rank of refining stones are? White(+100 RP), green(+500), blue(+1500) or even purple(+?)?
  • irdillonirdillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited November 2013
    So GF's can use threatening rush faster when they're in unstoppable? Legit
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    irdillon wrote: »
    So GF's can use threatening rush faster when they're in unstoppable? Legit

Totes legit.

Removing that from the GF notes, haha. Thanks for catching that!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
      How high the max rank of refining stones are? White(+100 RP), green(+500), blue(+1500) or even purple(+?)?

I opened about 230 of the large chests of goods (blue quality) and I got several white pearls, but nothing else. When I got them it was always one at a time.

I also opened about 40 barrel of goods and received several minor marks of potency. I would get these in pairs of 2.

Neither the large chest nor the barrel listed these in the descriptions.
    • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      terramak wrote:
      Respawn campfires now unlock after players defeat quest objectives or appropriate progression points on dungeon maps.
      Holes in terrain have been fixed; additionally, warp volumes have added beneath maps to transport players to the starting safe area so players don't get stuck in bad places.
      Bosses have been adjusted so they either have their own locked-in arenas or will return to their arenas so they don't get stuck in bad places.

This is great news!
      <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
      "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
      Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      RE dungeon progression changes
      bioshrike wrote: »
      This is great news!

Agreed; the way most people treat dungeons currently is infuriating.
      @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
      edited November 2013
      dardove wrote: »
      I opened about 230 of the large chests of goods (blue quality) and I got several white pearls, but nothing else. When I got them it was always one at a time.

I also opened about 40 barrel of goods and received several minor marks of potency. I would get these in pairs of 2.

Neither the large chest nor the barrel listed these in the descriptions.

Thanks for the callout Dardove.
    • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Do Flawless Sapphires on Live server (found in profession nodes) turn into the refine version when module 2 hits or are thos 2 separate items with the same name and look
      edited November 2013
      nwnghost wrote: »
      Do Flawless Sapphires on Live server (found in profession nodes) turn into the refine version when module 2 hits or are thos 2 separate items with the same name and look

Nice find. The gray quality item I'm seeing is Flawed Sapphire - is that the one you're talking about?

That's plenty confusing, what with them having the same icon too. I'll see what we can do to improve this.

EDIT: Okey doke, it should be a little better than I thought.
      * The Flawed Sapphires will remain Flawed Sapphires; they won't give Refinement Points (at least as of the current design).
      * Flawless Sapphires are currently using a placeholder icon. Once the icon is changed, that should serve to further differentiate the two items.

Hopefully that helps!
    • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
      edited November 2013
      OK now they even nerfed/fixed hawkshot that was already medicore good cuz of its random skalling.... instead of 20k crits it now its for 10k on maxrange with perf vorpal!
      GJ nerfing our only burst encounter into oblivion.
      btw now it does 1kdmg when u are in meleerange, u must be ****ing kidding me.
      If they dont change something soon there is just not a single reason to play this class.
      Even dc encounters do nearly twice the dmg than the ranger ones, just look at daunting light, it's aoe and crits for 16k+ with vorpal, hawkshot is a singletarget spell, takes longer to cast, does 1k!!!!!!!! -10k dmg with perfect vorpal.
      I dont even want to talk about the ranger(dps-role) against dc(supporter) when i see those numbers.
      It's just beyond <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

This isnt even funny anymore and kinda takes me the last hope of a viable class even so i put hours of theorycrafting in it.

When they change classes i have a feeling they balance them around lvl 10-20.

Oh ye and Aspect of the lone wolf still doesnt work...
      But hey atleast our useless encounters get a soundupdate....
    • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      The more that the t2 dungeons get fixed the less worthwhile it will be for people to play them. The rewards for putting up with infinite spawns of uncontrollable adds and floors painted red by aoe zones so that there is nowhere to move are minimal at best and worse unlikely to happen anyway.

I guess I'll just stop bothering with t2 content.

You have been steadily reducing the power of characters without adjusting the content, except to fix the exploits people used to get their super characters that made you make the content impossible for the supposed target characters.

GS requirements are well below the reality of what is needed for a t2 dungeon, and yet the only way to really gear up is via PvP or being carried through a t2 by a team that got geared up before all the exploits were fixed and powers were nerfed.

The Sharandar module in no way improves the situation; endless quests that are essentially pointless for limited rewards...yay.

Leveling is fun and interesting. The end game is just becoming frustrating and repetitive. That seems to be an issue.
      Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
      Obsidian Oath - Warlock
      A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
      edited November 2013
      So no adjustments to the Hunter Ranger damage thats been butchered?
    • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
      edited November 2013
      You fixed GF at-wills while blocking, bravo!

Also:
      "The Cat now adds a small amount of Deflect chance in addition to its fall damage reduction."
      How much deflection chance are we talking here? Same as Dancing Shield?
      edited November 2013
      ranncore wrote: »
      You fixed GF at-wills while blocking, bravo!

Also:
      "The Cat now adds a small amount of Deflect chance in addition to its fall damage reduction."
      How much deflection chance are we talking here? Same as Dancing Shield?

It adds +125 to the deflect stat. That becomes +200 if you upgrade to purple.
      edited November 2013
      xushin7 wrote: »
      So no adjustments to the Hunter Ranger damage thats been butchered?

No they butchered him even more and nerfed/fixed Hawk Shot by 50%!
      So no reason to even use it anymore, it does 1k dmg in meleerange, which is great since we are forced to be in meleerange in order to kill anything and it does less dmg than commanding shot that atleast gives mitigation. But maybe they will nerf it aswell.

Oh and the lowest dmg on hawkshot so far was 188dmg with again t1 weapon and 3k power.
      Pretty sure a lvl 3 dc sunburst does more dmg critical and its ae + it heals!!
      Better nerf sunburst!
    • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Other classes are able to do more damage than the ranger can no matter what stance they use. HR has to use both stances in order to even try to survive their battles. Being forced to use both stances is not fair as I prefer to use just ranged skills. My play style is being hindered by these drastic changes to ranged damage.
      edited November 2013
      rhoric wrote: »
      Other classes are able to do more damage than the ranger can no matter what stance they use. HR has to use both stances in order to even try to survive their battles. Being forced to use both stances is not fair as I prefer to use just ranged skills. My play style is being hindered by these drastic changes to ranged damage.

Pretty sure the most ppl want to play ranger like u, including me, but at his current state there isnt a single aspect that could bring u any fun.
      I had big hopes in Hawk Shot for a decent snipe/burst encounter but its gone...
      So right now ranger offers nothing, atleast for me that could bring any fun.
    • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      yup HR nerfed into doing less damage than a level 15 cleric companion with no gear.
      honestly now HR just run around doing CC while their pets kill taking 5 hours to finish off a solo dungeon boss. HR single target ranged should do as much damage as a TR single target hard hitting power it should do near 3 to 4k damage on charged shots and shots that have long cooldowns for single target. otherwise what's the point? I can understand nerfing the AOE damage for pvp reasons but as I have said before make it so that distance is a factor... greater the distance = greater the damage for ranged attacks aoe and put a cooldown on the strong ones so you can't just blitz in pvp... the at will split shot should be set up so that the fewer the targets the greater the damage so that if its 1 target it does near 4k damage at level 60 but decrease the damage by 5% for every target hit so if you hit 20 targets or more its only doing like 100 or 200 damage to each.

Get wise to this and don't take all the damage away from HR just put in limits so that hard damage can't be spammed or abused... you didn't nerf TR or GWF like this and they do massive damage with little to no cooldown... you could at least give HR the ability to do quick shot WHILE moving so that they can kite or escape enemies just reduce their speed by half while they are using it.
      Oh Atari how I miss you!
      edited November 2013
      pallier wrote: »
      HR single target ranged should do as much damage as a TR single target hard hitting power it should do near 3 to 4k damage on charged shots and shots that have long cooldowns for single target. otherwise what's the point?

I would be fine with only 70% or even 60% of a tr's singletarget dps, since we are still range and therefor we have a higher uptime.
    • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I'd settle for the HR doing comparable damage to the CW and the control aspects of its powers being upped.

The fact that the tooltips are entirely misleading for the HR are not particularly helpful either.
      Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
      Obsidian Oath - Warlock
      A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
      edited November 2013
      xmousepadx wrote: »
      I would be fine with only 70% or even 60% of a tr's singletarget dps, since we are still range and therefor we have a higher uptime.

but all our single target damage relies on you to be at full range to be at full damage AND they have a cooldown of 10 seconds or longer to use so we can't exactly spam it like a TR can since they have a rotation that can kill a player in less than 8 seconds. so our single target should hit extra hard at max range with that 10 second cooldown it shouldn't do 20% of a TR weakest attack. If your going to do that reduce the cooldown to 3 seconds use.
      Oh Atari how I miss you!
      edited November 2013
      but all our single target damage relies on you to be at full range to be at full damage AND they have a cooldown of 10 seconds or longer to use so we can't exactly spam it like a TR can since they have a rotation that can kill a player in less than 8 seconds. so our single target should hit extra hard at max range with that 10 second cooldown it shouldn't do 20% of a TR weakest attack. If your going to do that reduce the cooldown to 3 seconds use.

That our dmg relies on our range is one of our main issues and doesnt fit with our skills. Right now its never worth it to ever use any melee ability when u focus on doing dps just because they dont do any dmg, it takes u time to get close and when u have burned all ur meleeencounters u find urself being close in range and enjoying those 188dmg hawkshots and 500 rapid shot hits.
      edited November 2013
      xmousepadx wrote: »
      That our dmg relies on our range is one of our main issues and doesnt fit with our skills. Right now its never worth it to ever use any melee ability when u focus on doing dps just because they dont do any dmg, it takes u time to get close and when u have burned all ur meleeencounters u find urself being close in range and enjoying those 188dmg hawkshots and 500 rapid shot hits.

in a fight with a rogue they can perma stealth and get right up close to you... yet you have no damage close or ranged as a HR... they can always own you and a CW can stun lock you and kill you giving you only 1 or 2 hits ranged before they kill you... which is nothing right now. you can't compare any HR to any other class as they all have skills to kill you before you even scratch them... even a warrior can block all the way up to you and then get close to knock you consistantly so you can't heal or run. what does a HR have? oh yeah 1 shot that slows their movement to 15% speed for 5 seconds... very useful to slow them enough so you can TRY to run away... but does that let you kill them like they can kill you? NO. worthless. no damage class that has no CC stuns or survivable skills like stealth or speed... you can honestly say that HR is perfect the way it is? you must have a level 10 HR then get it to 50 and then give some feedback. a TR can do over 20k damage in 8 seconds up close and can stealth up to their targets a HR takes 2 full minutes to do 20k damage with the cooldowns and limits to their skills.
      Oh Atari how I miss you!
      edited November 2013
      in a fight with a rogue they can perma stealth and get right up close to you... yet you have no damage close or ranged as a HR... they can always own you and a CW can stun lock you and kill you giving you only 1 or 2 hits ranged before they kill you... which is nothing right now. you can't compare any HR to any other class as they all have skills to kill you before you even scratch them... even a warrior can block all the way up to you and then get close to knock you consistantly so you can't heal or run. what does a HR have? oh yeah 1 shot that slows their movement to 15% speed for 5 seconds... very useful to slow them enough so you can TRY to run away... but does that let you kill them like they can kill you? NO. worthless. no damage class that has no CC stuns or survivable skills like stealth or speed... you can honestly say that HR is perfect the way it is? you must have a level 10 HR then get it to 50 and then give some feedback. a TR can do over 20k damage in 8 seconds up close and can stealth up to their targets a HR takes 2 full minutes to do 20k damage with the cooldowns and limits to their skills.

pretty sure u missread my post. Those 188dmg Hawkshots and 500 rapid shot numbers were from lvl 60 with full r10s/Perfect enchants and t1 gear so it was sarcasm!
      Yes i know hard to believe these numbers are from lvl 60
    • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I did about 5 CTA on preview, and I always topped damage chart as my 53-56 lvl HR, no matter there were 60 lvl TRs, CWs and GFs with perfect vorpal (I have perfect vorpal myself tho). Outdamaged them hard when using Archer tree, in melee build with second tree I outdamaged CW only by 100k at the end, so I see no problems in his damage right now. Just use proper abilities.
      M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
      edited November 2013
      mehguy138 wrote: »
      I did about 5 CTA on preview, and I always topped damage chart as my 53-56 lvl HR, no matter there were 60 lvl TRs, CWs and GFs with perfect vorpal (I have perfect vorpal myself tho). Outdamaged them hard when using Archer tree, in melee build with second tree I outdamaged CW only by 100k at the end, so I see no problems in his damage right now. Just use proper abilities.

PvP is worthless it means nothing. a good player with no lag in green gear 10 levels lower can beat a player in better gear 10 levels higher that has lag just because the player sucks at pvp...

if you can't level up or quest solo... that's where the class is broken. honestly my HR is level 53 and no matter what method I try I still die like 5 to 8 times questing outdoors and in the solo dungeons because of the enemies that you can not dodge and have huge aoe hit areas. I mean how do you take them down when your basically tickling them to death.

It's a bit like trying to kill someone in real life with a feather and they have a knife... you get close your going to get stabbed just for the opportunity of tickling them.

the class needs to have the ability to hit hard from ranged and weak up close, melee shouldn't do much damage it should be the way to slow the enemies down or stun them so you can get ranged again... that's a balanced way to play... that way your not strong up close so the melee classes have a chance to win in pvp but it lets us keep leveling in pve to survive if we can slow and stun up close but hit hard from a distance...

think about the other classes in pvp... a TR can stealth right up to us and lay into us up close. a Shield warrior can block and walk up to you taking no damage then lay into you with knockbacks and stuns, a GWF can rush you and then cut you to ribbons, a CW can freeze you then choke you and stun you until you die, then a Cleric can dot you up knock you down and heal themselves draining you and channeling their devine damage into you while they get health back. what can a ranger do to survive or damage? drop their area attacks and run away after slowing the enemies
      what kind of way is that to fight? run.

try to get up close most all the classes will own you, try to get ranged they can still own you even rogues can own you with their ranged which does 4 times the damage of a HR ranged attacks. HR just have no place in this game they are out of place and can not survive outside a group which they only way they can contribute to a group is to boost their damage which is worthless because HR can't do the damage... they are better off getting a CW and having extra damage from them instead. Right now a HR is more like a companion to a party, they give a buff but are worthless doing damage.
      Oh Atari how I miss you!
    This discussion has been closed.