test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

constant crashes

prettyceltprettycelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 777 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Cryptic....

The five and six times a day crashes are really getting old. I can trace it directly back to the Feywild patch (prior to that I NEVER crashed) and it's only gotten worse.

Before you go adding any more new content, maybe take a day or two to FIX THIS!?

k thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Happens to me too, I thought it was my internet connection, at least I can log back in just after that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm...for me there was a period when the game was next to unplayable due to requent crashes, but that was wixed in 2-3 stability patches, and for the last month or two I haven't seen a single crash.....moreover, I don't hear grumbling about crashes in my guild or elsewhere, so I'd guess the problem is much less severe now - and possibly linked to some specific, incompatible hardware or software.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Most likely something with your computer. I crashed a lot until I got the latest graphics driver, for example, after feywild was released. After updating that, once or twice more, but extremely rare. Also, try a clean boot with nothing running except the game if you know how to do that; sometimes background programs or services conflict with games. Also, try a different screen resolution for the game, there seems to be some oddness with the resolutions that could be part of this issue.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    prettycelt wrote: »
    Cryptic....

The five and six times a day crashes are really getting old. I can trace it directly back to the Feywild patch (prior to that I NEVER crashed) and it's only gotten worse.

Before you go adding any more new content, maybe take a day or two to FIX THIS!?

k thanks.

The game used (and still does) to crash often when I use DX11. Instead use DX9 #1, or DX9...

It is down to crashes maybe once a week... (always when a big boss goes down btw and the Huge_Death texture not loading)...

Good luck
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My game doesn't realy crash, I just get dc'ed randomly a few times a day.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is possibly a driver issue. I have a ATI graphics card. In another MMO, i ended up with some graphics problems. It turns out that the problem was caused by the updated driver that came out. Did a roll back to a earlier stable version driver that worked and the issue went away.

Try rolling your driver back to a version that you know worked and see if that solves it.
  • meechiiinmeechiiin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just started this game, I am getting kicked out and constant crashes every time I log in. I'm just looking around in Protectors Enclave...I haven't even STARTED this game, not really.....is this going to happen all the time? If so, then the game is over rated. Too bad, I was psyched. I love the character creations, the display, the graphics are cool....I have a window 7 with Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver, so now what?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    meechiiin wrote: »
    I just started this game, I am getting kicked out and constant crashes every time I log in. I'm just looking around in Protectors Enclave...I haven't even STARTED this game, not really.....is this going to happen all the time? If so, then the game is over rated. Too bad, I was psyched. I love the character creations, the display, the graphics are cool....I have a window 7 with Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver, so now what?

No one would play a game like that, of course. It is not the game, it is your PC. A game not working on a couple of who-knows-what hardware with who-knows-what user mods PCs does not make the game over-rated. It just means the target PC has some sort of problem that may or may not be easily fixed.

I do not know what an Intel HD graphics is, but it does not sound like a gamer's graphics card, it sounds like a laptop card or a worst-buy etc store type prebuilt text edit/websurf bargain PC card. I could be wrong, I have not been keeping up with intel, but last I looked they did not make gaming cards. It may not be able to handle the game? It also may suffer from bad driver issue, have you gotten a driver for it in the last month? Most graphics cards release a driver at least monthly.

Win7 is no issue, game plays great on it. It is most likely the card or, possibly if you have very little ram, or other hardware problems.
  • seladegaseladega Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm having a similar issue with the preview server, I CANNOT get it to load beyond the red/orange/black neverwinter screen