test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FOTF Foundry issues (the Authors list) dev's need to investigate

Comments

• amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To be honest, I dislike how some special effects (shaking for example) become active while in 3D edit mode. An option to enable or disable these effects while in 3d edit mode would be nice. (I forget to turn the option back on after working in the foundry! .O.)

The only other issue I have has to do with doors not opening logically when you rotate them to an angle. But this has nothing to do with the Fey.
  • jennutjennut Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good luck today.

I apologize for this comment not being about a bug in a published quest.

The names and descriptions of some of the detail items are duplicated. For example, there was a set of lights (I think torches?) that looked like they were copy/pasted. All of the descriptions read the same details - including being green (or whichever color). In the title of one table, it is listed as a 4ft high table, but it is only 3ft.

I wonder whether or not possible duplicate names or incorrect names/tags are the cause of some of the problems described on the forums. It's something I've encountered in my own job.

If you ever need a volunteer to standardize and organize the names and descriptions of the items for clarity and searchability, I would be happy to do it.
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey Badbot,

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, and feel free to tell me if I am, BUT - of the two Foundry fixed mentioned in this morning's patch notes, neither seem to be applied to the featured quests.

Answer The Raven's Call's "Yew Wood" map still has the insane tree problem.

My own Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator still has a previously working teleporter sticking me in the wall.

Will they need to be republished before the fixed are applied? If so, my apologies for posting too soon - but if not, I thought you'd like to know that the issues are still there.
    c447.png
  • badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    mrthebozer wrote: »
    Will they need to be republished before the fixed are applied?

Yes, they need to be republished.

I have to say thank you very much for all of the reports.

Please feel free to keep adding to this list as you fine more issues.

I am working on getting editing back on.
    Hang in there!!
  • shaddaxshaddax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any news on an ETA?
    Author of "The Party" (NW-DD33IHKSH)
    A wall suddenly appears out of nowhere blocking your path. You turn to notice that the everyone has vanished, their cheers replaced with screams. Unsure what is happening, you decide its best you leave this 'party'...
    The Party
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another thing I noticed is that NPC's that used to run from fire now just cower.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, they need to be republished.

I have to say thank you very much for all of the reports.

Please feel free to keep adding to this list as you fine more issues.

I am working on getting editing back on.
    Hang in there!!

The Obiwan of the foundry producers, you are.

• crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »

* Mossy rock textures not showing up in the 3D edit more
    * Large number of artwork for the assets have been revised. (whilst some of them are welcome changes others completely destroy the mood and feeling of quest environments. example is my Ravenloft graveyard is now covered head to toe with pretty orange flowers because all the vine assets had them added, also all of the lush green grass is now brownish it looks awful. :( )
    * And of course the teleporter issues which you guys are already working on.
    Hi apocrs,
    Just wanted to ask, do you know specifically which grass now looks brown? An object name would help me track this down. I'm also having trouble finding which mossy rock is broken.

As for those vines, they actually always had flowers on them... they just mistakenly had a leaf texture assigned to them instead of the flower texture. I'll see about adding flowerless versions of those objects.

Thanks!
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited August 2013
    Colored torches are not maintaining their colors. Sometimes they are correct, sometimes not, will change state upon a map reload, sometimes correct at a distance but as you approach they change to yellow. Only see this in colored flames.
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited August 2013
    Still major issues with the foundry avatar's skills and abilities being able to be updated properly.
  • crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    moonchipz wrote: »
    The stern portion of the wrecked airship(detail)... all of a sudden someone decided they wanted to remove collision along the hull and then block the stairs going to the second deck with an invisible wall? Who thought that was a good idea? Why?

I'm a bit curious about how that, and some of these other bugs came to be.

It was a mistake. We are doing an optimization pass on Pirate's Skyhold, and those ship assets had their collision optimized too much. I've already fixed this so their collision should be back to what it was, so that should get to you guys soon.
    edited August 2013
    Twisted forest tree appears to have a much thinker trunk now.
    edited August 2013
    celantra wrote: »
    Colored torches are not maintaining their colors. Sometimes they are correct, sometimes not, will change state upon a map reload, sometimes correct at a distance but as you approach they change to yellow. Only see this in colored flames.

I originally thought this would be an easy fix, but this is one strange bug. We're continuing to investigate. The mystery of the color changing torches deepens...
    edited August 2013
    These are oldies but goodies and have been part of the foundry since before launch but are map related and personally I would love to see them fixed even if they would require folks that have used these rooms to go back and revisit their quests.

In human interior -small peasant house, there is a free floating dynamic cloth hanging in the middle of the room, this is obviously not intended to be there. In addition there is the buzzing flies sound effect, I hope this is not intended and as an author if I want buzzing flies I can add them myself.

In human interior room - large L01, the exact same free floating dynamic cloth and flies appear again.

Since these are generic rooms I would think they should be generic without frills and flies, lol.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi apocrs,
    Just wanted to ask, do you know specifically which grass now looks brown? An object name would help me track this down. I'm also having trouble finding which mossy rock is broken.

As for those vines, they actually always had flowers on them... they just mistakenly had a leaf texture assigned to them instead of the flower texture. I'll see about adding flowerless versions of those objects.

Thanks!

Hey Mapolis :) nice to see that they let you out of the dungeon again buddy. From memory I beleiave the asset is (Ground Grass Dead Medium 01)
    before the patch it was a dark green now it's a mucky brown, I used it because it was the only gras asset that gave the most coverage per budget points.

As for the mossy rocks pretty much all of the "Mossy Cave Rock" assets, just like the craggy rocks but previously they had a mossy texture overlay. They now show up with just a repeating rock texture in 3D edit mode, and I did try adjusting all graphical settings including direct X versions, no dice.

interesting bit about the vines but good to know :) also "ruined rug 01" the frayed edges on the previous art are gone, any chance a new ruined rug asset with the frayed endings could make a return? :) I know you got the art work just hanging out in the asset library ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Couple more things I noticed while running my quests on live.

Unless I'm mistaken you seem to have changed the death animation of the Fire Archon Archers. While the one they have now is really cool. It has a screenshake effect to it. Might want to save something like that for stronger enemy encounters. Seems like it might not be intentional since you didn't add a similar death to the Fire Archon Flameshields.

Also, some of the regular goblins are yelling "Winter, Kill". Can't check which encounter with the foundry down. Not sure if this bug existed before the patch or not.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've posted this in two other threads, but I wanted to post it here in the "official" thread:

I've had an issue with the 3D editor "copying" objects. Actually, it reminds me of manipulating linked list pointers and losing a node.

-Entered the Foundry.
    -Entered 3D Mode.
    -Selected Fly Mode, flew to the middle of the map and looked around. Flew to the edges, and found the physical limitations of the fly mode are the same as the limitations of PCs.
    -Noticed that there was a house that was rotated 90 degrees. It was slightly off-center from an existing house, but in the same general location.
    -Deleted it.
    -Found another adjacent house that had another house slightly off center.
    -Deleted that one.
    -Both original houses were exactly where they were supposed to be. I know this because there was a lot of geometry that was tied to these houses. Everything looked as it was supposed to be.
    -Returned to the Foundry, and noticed that BOTH of the original houses were gone.
    -I closed the Foundry without saving and haven't been back since.

Apparently, the 3D editor automatically made "copies" of houses, but they were internally tied to the original houses, so deleting the copies also deleted the originals. The copies were selectable, so it wasn't just a graphical glitch which caused me to select the geometry behind it (ie, the original house). As I had said before, being in the Foundry for about 3 minutes almost undone about 2 hours worth of work (now that Village Houses are selectable, it wouldn't be nearly as long to recreate, but still, I shouldn't even have to consider the amount of work required to fix problems caused by just opening my quests.
  • tobiasmorgantobiasmorgan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Thanks!

May I make a suggestion? If you had an asset which had a particular look, and your foundry editors throughout time used that particular asset because of that particular look - if that look was always wrong, you'd probably be best served just saving that edition and making the new asset the way you wanted from the start.

No foundry editor added vines with orange flowers. We added vines with green leaves. Regardless of whether or not they were ever supposed to be that way, that's what we used. So by "fixing" it, you actually changed something a lot of editors were using with intent to something they didnt want.

My suggestion is - revert the vines to their previous "flawed" state, call the asset correct, and add a second version of it with the flowers you intended from the beginning. We keep the vines we started with, you get to use the asset you created, and we all get double the asset options. Happy accident.
    While Neverember Fiddles - NW-DKV72BYTD - Give it a try!
  • shaddaxshaddax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Devs,

Is there any chance we can get an ETA on when the foundry will be fixed? Your authors spend a lot of time investing into creating content for your customers, the rest of the players. We add a lot of value to your product, and keeping us in the dark like this is frankly not acceptable.

Please advise,
    Thanks
    Author of "The Party" (NW-DD33IHKSH)
    A wall suddenly appears out of nowhere blocking your path. You turn to notice that the everyone has vanished, their cheers replaced with screams. Unsure what is happening, you decide its best you leave this 'party'...
    The Party
  • kitario1kitario1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    Green torches are showing up as yellow instead of green, at least when placed in the same area. One or more may be green, but the others will be yellow.

I can't remember which I used but I noticed the same thing with my blue torches. I used the ones that are on a long diagonal pole. At least two thirds of the one I had placed in a new map I'm working on have normal flames with only a few of them being blue. Weird thing is, they were all created from the same asset...
    All Is Well Below, Or Is It?: NWS-DESLOFMYY
    ACT 1 - Deekin Street Discomfort: NW-DRF887HS4 - Eligible for Daily Foundry
    ACT 2 - Nashers! Come Out, Come Out!: [COMING SOON]
    ACT 3 - The Evil That Lurks Below!: [COMING SOON]

Feel free to leave any feedback in the campaign thread here
  • ootyfastootyfast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    G'day,

Firstly a big shout out to the foundry's "Big Devs" for their hard work to get foundry back online
    and keeping us informed in here on how they were doing. Some of us "Mini Devs" do appreciate
    the hard work that must go into doing what you do.

Now just thought I would mention in here in case the probably 10 gazzillion crash reports that
    you have probably received didn't make it to you, that going out of the foundry back to character
    select crashes the client.

My PC then gets stuck in the brightness setting from NW and has to be rebooted.

Have Great Day :cool:

Ootyfast Tearaway
    castle020.jpg
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    I finally found the cause, and work around for the double cursor bug experienced in the Foundry 3d edit mode.

This has been bugging me for a while since the new patch, as the glitch seemed rather random at first. I figured this out when I was trying to debug the 1000x1000 depthfade glitches.

What causes the bug:
    First make sure you are in a custom channel of some kind.
    In 2d edit mode, open the chat and join said custom channel.
    Then click the options button again and use the "set talk channel" function. Select the custom channel
    Go into 3d edit mode, and you'll notice you now have 2 cursors which makes looking around and editing very difficult especially when in windowed mode.

The workaround:
    Go to 2d edit mode, and click the "File" menu. You'll notice in addition to the usual file menu, a second menu will pop up at the same time. The additional menu is the options menu for the chat. Select any of the options from the erroneous menu so it closes. Leave the file menu.
    Go back to 3d edit mode and the double cursor issue should be fixed.

This bug crops up any time you change the "set talk channel" option in the 2d editor chat box. Please fix asap, this is a super annoying bug. :P
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edit: NM I haven't republished that one.
  • superdank808superdank808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've placed invisible interactive/clicky spheres at zero altitude in Cave Room - C Shape Medium and my points quest path doesn't show up, the arrow in the quest text is red. When I place invisible interactive/clicky spheres at Room Platform #1 (-72.31) instead of zero altitude in Cave Room - C Shape Medium, the quest path works, but the sphere is unreachable because it's below the room's walkways at zero altitude.

I was looking at the platform values for a few rooms on my map that use walkways at zero altitude and here's their values.

Cave Room - C Shape Medium: Room Platform #1 (-72.31)
    Cave Room - C Shape Large: Room Platform #1 (-72.31)
    Cave Room - Enclosed Corridors: Room Platform #1 (-118.95)

Screenshots that show the quest path not working until I'm right next to the object.
    http://imgur.com/a/GWqf6
    Broden Ironfist's Gauntlet: NW-DL56XXWIV
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jfinderdev wrote: »
    What teleporter piece is still broken?

So I enter the foundry to check my quests, this seems to be broken, but they work fine, besides they are sunk into the ground:

nfwp.jpg

The teleporter is at Zero Altitude valor Y = 0

The sarcophagus near the teleporter seems to be rotated 180

I didn't touch anything, so what should I do?

Quest was, but now is not publised.

Edit: Tested on live, (all my quests get republished), same "error". May I fix myself the sarcophagus and the teleports? rotate the sarcophagus and rise Y valor on teleporter?
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Posted bug report in bugs forum and foundry bug report...

Clicking on any field in 3D properties editor increments Y field by 0.278 each time.
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Thanks!

Sorry this is not correct!!!

I don't know what internal list you use but in open beta/live some never did have flowers on them. I use them in a spotlighted quest that I created back in may.

The Tall Ivy 01; 02; 03; 04 never used flowers. However the Wall Vines 01 did until you removed them in patch before jun 14 as shown here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?348781-Orange-flowers-are-missing-from-vines

Now I am happy that at last the Wall Vines 01 have the flowers back because I use them in a custom keep. However now my "dark" crypt that used the Tall Ivy 01-04 has now "fluffy" flowers all over the place. :p

Could you please create new assets and stop bugging the old ones. I remember a STO Interview with one of your co-workers ZeroinusRex that you would never do this. :phttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-wkEFyU1Rek&t=344
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sound : Ice Spire (music, looping) is not looping. It does last for a while, but ends at some point.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Posted bug report in bugs forum and foundry bug report...

Clicking on any field in 3D properties editor increments Y field by 0.278 each time.

Pretty much this. But also, when trying to line things up perfectly, i would always copy/paste the xyz values in the 2D editor. Now we can access those values in 3D edit, but it's not working correctly.

1. Selecting an object, right clicking to access the xyz values, then copying one of the values, causes the Y value to change on the object, even though you made no edits.

2. Selecting an object, right clicking to access the xyz values, then pasting a copied value, causes the other values to change slightly.

So at this point, in order to align things perfectly, i still have to back out of 3D back to the 2D editor.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    The Tall Ivy 01; 02; 03; 04 never used flowers.

"IVY" should NOT have any flowers. I challenge you to produce an image of IVY containing orange flowers.

x0y1 wrote: »
    Could you please create new assets and stop bugging the old ones. I remember a STO Interview with one of your co-workers ZeroinusRex that you would never do this. :phttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-wkEFyU1Rek&t=344

^ SOOO much THIS ^

STOP CHANGING EXISTING (AND USED BY AUTHORS!) DETAILS.
    You guys have SOO many Detail items we don't even have access to - change or add to thiose before BREAKING released UGC quests.
    ...and MAPS - DO NOT CHANGE LOCATIONS AND/OR SIZES of existing map details.
    If you absolutely MUST then lock and disallow selection of OLD/USED map and create a new version.

Computing 101: Backward Compatability - Thou shalt not break existing usage.