test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing every few minutes

Comments

• ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a terrible bug and situation. Nothing like blowing 120 bucks and having a game <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out on you to the point that its completely unplayable.

I have 2 machines.
    A windows 8 laptop with the INTEL 4000 Chipset for graphics and 8GB RAM with a 256 SSd. I use the machine when I am at work as I run my own business, its easy to play in down times.

My other machine is a Windows 8 Desktop at home with 12GB RAM and nVidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB. I have the latest Vid drivers as they updated the other day.

I don't run anything else while playing save Chrome, and a couple of background processes. neither of which are Mumbler or Teamviewer

The funniest thing was that my wife and I were playing this morning after the server came up. My Laptop and my desktop were working fine at the house after the patch.

I go into work as I work afternoon to evening, and I work for awhile. Then near the end of the night I try to login on the laptop and it starts crashing as soon as I make it into the game.

I come home, and I try my desktop, and it is crashing as soon as I get into the game.

I go onto my wife's desktop (A windows 7 machine) and its NOT crashing when I login on that machine.

Now its really neat that I might actually be able to play on my wife's machine, but after blowing 120 bucks, I really would like to be able to login on MY machine and not have to do it through someone else's.

I know the feeling I mean I was just playing on a completely different computer and havent managed to check my actual own computer since waking up but on the computer Im on its working perfectly fine even though the graphics card and ram and stuff is less then what my computer is
  • scionertscionert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since patch, i've been experiencing random Crash.
    No warnings, no particular skill, no particular map... just instantly crashes to desktop.

6 Times now in the last 3 hours.
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happened to me last night during a dungeon. most guild is experiencing the same :/

its pretty normal when a big patch comes in. Some stuff can only be "tested" when a pacth comes live so...

Lets wait for a fix :)
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • dementiaincdementiainc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After yesterday's patch I've tried logging to NW for the first time with my account credentials and when i press login the launcher crashes. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Same to me, we were doing Spellplague and i always got Disconected at the final boss. We did 4 attemppts and i was disconected in all those.

Never happened to me before Fury of the wild.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    scionert wrote: »
    No warnings, no particular skill, no particular map... just instantly crashes to desktop.

Same here, game just disappears. It's all characters, random times, and for me all in Protector's Enclave, but probably just because i haven't actually left PE yet for trying to deal with all these other issues. Had a patch this morning, i thought was supposed to fix it, but i'm only on here now because the game disappeared (crashed) again just now.
  • scurvydawwgscurvydawwg Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    Had the same thing. Only happened in skirmishes or dungeons. Played over an hour out doing quests and never a problem. As soon as I got into a skirmish or dungeon constant crashes. Not just on bosses.
  • lordkelthornlordkelthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same here totaly random crashes, about anywhere doing nothing special.... could be in protector enclave doing nothing or in the middle of a boss fight ........ crash crash crash....... i'm monitoring the ID i'm given after each crash and its growing up... i suppose they are aware... but at least they could tell us they are aware....

considering the lockbox bug, this crash, chat and some other issue ... i wonder if they didn't recrut a intern that dont even know how boolean expression really work or how error handling should be made... really cryptic fire him and recrut me.... i'm sure i am better then this idiot....
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Had this a few times. A couple of times I've not even been touching my keyboard or moving my mouse.
  • snoman321snoman321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    scionert wrote: »

Ditto. This game has become absolutely crashtastic since patch. No apparent rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it crashes when I am literally doing nothing more than standing in PE with no dialogues/chat/anything open. Looking forward to fixes.
  • treminiontreminion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When are you going to do something about the crashes?
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have noticed this with the last patch, I have crashed three times today. Before this last patch I had only ever crashed once and that was in closed beta. It happens after ten minutes maybe, although this last time it took 20 minutes. First two times I was just standing around in town, the last one was in combat. The game does not freeze, just crashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This happened to me before, then I started using minimum graphic settings. After a month or so I then tried upping them and had no crashes anymore. After the patch I've crashed 8 times with recommended graphic settings. I lowered my graphics again and it seems to at least reduce crashes.

Whatever you fixed last time, do the same with the new content D:

I have nvidia geforce as well. Huh. 330m or something to that effect.
    Win 7
    4gb ram
    intel i5-450m
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • lyndoriellyndoriel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here, game crashes again and again, no warning, no particular character or activities...
  • generalflexygeneralflexy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here, always seems to happen when running dungeons for me, 3x just b4 last boss dies, and i've logged back in party managed to kill boss, without me, just i lose out on drops...

Edit: Happened 3 more times, seems to happen most of the time in Pirate King dungeon
  • aalricaalric Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same here - 2 crashes were particularly painful because they came just as I was ending a pvp guant match (no coins) and right before we killed the boss in a dungeon
  • ibendairibendair Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After yesterday's patch I've tried logging to NW for the first time with my account credentials and when i press login the launcher crashes. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Same thing happening to me still after the 1hr maintenance yesterday....still have the issue. Can't launch the game at all. It fails at about 16.5MB patched.
  • alphalostalphalost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here game constantly crashing with no reason. Please fix this.
  • tenychoutenychou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Keeps crashing here too (cryptic error crash). But I can sense a pattern : Each crash, I was in some menu (so game in the back was "veiled"). How about other people?
  • jayhawk32jayhawk32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've also had the crashes, usually in the protector enclave, near the courier. It crashes to the desktop and the error report dialog comes up which then closes out automatically no letting me enter any information.

It appears that the crash is messing with the files as the Launcher asks to perform a file check. It seems to find an error though I cant tell exact what file it is. It then downloads/installs 160MB (approx.) file/patch and then shows play.
  • serizawa8serizawa8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pls Fix ASAP That Error alot of crash
  • coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So here is my input.
    Nividia GTX 650Ti with 320 latest Driver (Edited for this...) I forgot to mention I ran the tests with the 314.x drivers as well - clean install.
    Auto windowed - random crash
    Auto Fullscreen - random crash
    DX11 windowed - random crash
    DX11 Fullscreen - random crash
    DX9ex windowed - random crash
    DX9ex Fullscreen - random crash
    DX9 windowed - random crash
    DX9 Fullscreen - random crash

Raideon HD3000 - much lower graphics settings for sure but...
    DX11 windowed - random crash
    DX11 Fullscreen - random crash
    DX9ex windowed - random crash
    DX9ex Fullscreen - random crash
    DX9 windowed - random crash
    DX9 Fullscreen - random crash

This was tested on Windows 8 Enterprise and now on Windows 7 ultimate - both time x64bit.
    So the net result is the game has now become much more crashable since the Feywild update. I have submitted at least 12 bug reports in the last 24hrs. I had a perfectly stable computer prior to the new patch. I was running Neverwinter Epic with my guild for multiple hours straight on highest settings with the 650Ti and had zero lag zero crash issues until these updates.

We need the devs to start reading this and supporting the community PLEASE. I will be contacting support (useless task I am sure) to ask for help in resolving the issue, as the chance of both cards being bad since the patch but not before??? is little to none. I even wiped the disk and did a RAM check (took a long time with 8GB) and then even tried removing each stick to ensure it wasn't a timing issue as well.

I hope you all can benfit from this data. I know we are likely all frustrated - but I am 300 dollars deep into this game - I want to play more than 15minutes at a time and then reboot. Makes getting through a dungeon impossible really.

@Coogrrr
    Soldiers of Defiance - GM
    Dragon Server
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • kittztrixkittztrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only $300 cheapskate ;)
    having same problem, not real happy about it, i would love to go see the faye stuff :/
  • mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2013
    I cant even launch the game, it crashed at the Cryptic Login screen for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, apparently it's not possible to attach the GamePrefs file. I'll update this when I decide what to do. Thank you to the those that did the Google Doc. :)

Rob
  • hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My crashes are always in protectors enclave,most of the time im just standing and crash and i once crashed while looking in my inbox.
    win7x64
    nvidia gtx670
    16gb ram
    intel i7 860
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay, this last patch has made this game unplayable for me. I crash in places when I never used to crash. Firstly client crashed while 20 vs 20 pvp. There was texture lag, freeze screen for like 5 minutes and then "Criptic Error". Happened twice in same spot. Before that I crashed twice in Sharandar (something about corrupted file, had done files verify, but didn't help much). Now I crashed in dungeon which I happily did soooo maaany times before with no crashing at all (t1 Grym one). I don't know what this patch did to this game, but i actually can't do any event now. Plus there's lag EVERYWHERE now :(((.
    Win XP
    Nvidia 8600gt
    4GB RAM
    Athlon 64 x2.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please be aware that the size limit for a private message on the forums, is 5000 characters, the Gameprefs file is about 8000 characters in size, so it would probably be more useful to use something like google docs to host the file and then send Laserduck the link.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashed to desktop just now after logging in on Protector's Enclave. Only was in the game for less than two minutes when it crashed. I've never actually had the game crash before, so this is weird. I was near the mailbox by the Auction House; I just barely got to take some AD out of my mail and started to type in Zonechat when it crashed. I'll try logging in again and see what happens.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    AMD A8-3500M APU, 1500 MHz, 4 cores
    6 GB of RAM
    Switchable graphics:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G

Pretty sure the game runs on the 6750M but not 100% sure, been too long since I've done PC gaming before now and I need to learn how my video works instead of trusting the settings-for-dummies in my graphics control panel.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • tyaantyaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have had the same problem, HOWEVER - My computer crashes not just the game. Some of your posts are not clear as to if its just the game or if your having a whole computer crash like me.
    I unistalledthe game after several days of my computer crashing in game (works fine otherwise), did a re-install but same thing after about 5 minutes the comp crashes again.
    NOW though, while I used to have a Neverwinter short cut on my desktop, now I have to go through ARC to even log in. I see no way to create one either. In fact the game doesnt even show as being on my computer anymore, but ARC allows me to start the game. Any advise would be greatly appeciated. O.o
This discussion has been closed.