test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nightmare Lockbox Poll

wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How Nightmare Lockboxes have you received before getting the Nightmare?

Edit: I have not received the Nightmare yet, and I have 3,000 Tarmalune Trade Bars. :/ Add to that about 30 of those useless Gloomwrought chests. Ah well. Just curious where others are in the grand scheme of things. A lot of people I met seem to have rolled a Nightmare in their first 10 or so.
Post edited by wergild on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . .. . I also have not gotten a Nightmare yet. I've only opened about 5-8 though, as I don't care much for locked boxes that require Zen/AD to open. I'm less harsh on my outlook on them right now as I have been in the past though. That will change again once I get to the point where I'm low on ADs and all the other massive amounts of things that cost ADs start to be more than I can make casually playing. I just wish locked box special rewards (like the nightmare) would just be out-right buy able as I loathe gambling. Far too many things cost ADs (and crazy amounts too) to make locked boxes worth it in my opinion.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    50+ on different characters, the most expensive item I got is a Lesser tenebrous enchantment.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the comments :)

I too loathe the gambling aspect. That said, what I normally to is open the boxes, sell what I have gotten for AD or keys, and then open another box.

A month or two ago I had hopes of receiving the Nightmare - these days it has become a test of what it takes before getting a Nightmare. Honestly, I would not mind it as much if the Gloomwrought boxes either had epic quality weapons - OR had blue weapons that scaled with you as you leveled. Both of those would make it worthwhile. As it stands now, they are also not that fantastic in terms of gear (but at least they do give class specific gear when opening them).

:) I will keep opening, and one day (thousands of Tarmalune Trade Bars from now, in a galaxy far, far away) I will get one, haha. :)
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dad gave me a couple keys but no Nightmare. I got an egg tho. I sold it. We don't have much cash so we decided it was a waste of time.
    Edit: I think those boxes are for"whales". I wish I could get those bars other ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I didn't notice the question said until you got your nightmare, I opened about 50 but never got a nightmare.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    where is the zero option ?
    5 one key was given by a friend, and 4 I traded for with ingame items. I have not got a Nightmare
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    50+ on different characters, the most expensive item I got is a Lesser tenebrous enchantment.

30-40 and same result.... however i did not buy them all with money just converting zen i probably bought 5, and then the nigthmare
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sorry...I missed the opening question. I have opened 3 boxes total. No nightmare. I would rather save the time and effort and eventually grab one from the AH...GUARANTEED !!!
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't opened any Nightmare Boxes.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    I hate lock/mystery/random loot boxes... I know I've opened enough of them in other games.
  • crazyiestcrazyiest Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have opened about 150 lock boxes. No horsey! Total BS!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not opened a single one. And have no plans to change this. I am, however, sitting on a few hundred boxes. And hope to make cash off the darn things when the new box shows up and makes the nightmare one unavailable.
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    I am still opening and testing. It is relatively simple - just open the boxes and sell everything, plus the other AD and loot you get. It does not mean someone who opened 200 boxes spent a few hundred dollars, but rather that they spent their AD on keys instead of gear as they leveled.

Anyway... I am up to almost 5,000 Tarmalune Trade Bars now - and still no horse, plus I have never even seen any of the other pet type enchants other than the Phoera. :P

Not much of a random system, since Nightmare boxes list an average of 10 trade bars per box - that would put me at almost 500 boxes opened to date, and no Nightmare...
  • whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I only opened five boxes. Best item I got was the statue you trade in for diamonds. I learned from my days playing Allods that "Loot Boxes" are really a rip off. It's like going to Vegas, some people with the jackpot, but most if not all just lose their wallet.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I opened about 30 Never got but one I did break even since I got a few tenebrous enchants and a few adventurers and enough idols to offset any AD I spent. No nightmare I broke down and just bought one for 600k right before the new mounts came out which I am glad I did now.
  • ironmanamericaironmanamerica Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After paying 10 dollars in cash for keys to unlock 10 boxes with nothing good in them, I don't think i'll ever pay for another key again. I think the whole "Lock Box" thing is a cash grab. I was really disappointed when I saw the lock boxes appear in this game after seeing them all over champions online. (not trying to harsh a mood or anything, just my honest feelings on them)
  • whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the whole "Lock Box" thing is a cash grab.
    No thinking, it's true. It's how free games can make a quick buck to support themselves. Proof of this is that little message that comes a cross your screen that says "John Doe has gotten a Nightmare Mount." This is a slap in the face to people trying for it. Also a taunt to get people to try and keep trying.
  • oreninorenin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i am not buying anymore zen, i cant believe i went afk for 2 days and they had a sale.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like some people that think, I have opened 0 lockboxes and NEVER will open any scam boxes. Everytime I see a new player, before they drink the kool-aid I try to get them to come to the forum and READ and become informed but most of the time I'm too late and they already a fanboy and blinded by the shiny. :(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • kulrigkulrig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got mine around the tenth box or so. The very next one was the pet. Seven were statues, which I traded in and got a set of epic gear at 60; amazing how cheap GWF stuff can be. The other was a lesser tene enchant, which I probably wouldn't have sold if I knew that only certain enchants can go in the special sockets. But hey, not like I'll get any groups as a GWF anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

The poll results are rather interesting so far; most results are on one end of the spectrum or another, with the middle being bare. I had thought it would be the opposite.
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zero boxes should be a choice in the poll
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since i don't keep track of how many i open ill just go with 91-100 since i haven't got one yet
    but as for the mystic horse 1-10

its funny, i spent real money to buy zen and used the zen to buy keys and none of the boxes have had the nightmare horse, when that mystic horse lock box came out, i used my AD to exchange it for zen (took advantage of the zen sale) and i bought 10 keys and one of the keys had the mystic horse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]