test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requests for Spanish Localization

Comments

• shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    I talk spanish and its no need to translate the game. If you dont undestand, then is a great moment to learn while are playing. If you want to talk in spanish, there are guilds with your same language, so, there is not excuse.

But, in Foundry Quest, I would like see some key for seach the quest by one language: German, English, Spanish,...it will be intesting.
  • legionprolegionpro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please spanish game now!!!!
  • wirlanwirlan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, translate to Spanish!
    Please, open a subforo in Spanish.
  • jccyunior1jccyunior1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, translate to Spanish!
    Please, open a subforo in Spanish.
  • cocodel8cocodel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello, I wanted to ask a question to the moderators:
    They plan to translate the game to the Spanish language.
    Somo enough players to speak this language, and we would like it to be translated into this also, as already been translated into other languages.

Thank you very much.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . We do not have any answer for you on this. I do know that they have made the game available in several major languages and would like to continue to localize the game for others as well. However, they have released no information as to any further consideration or development specifically to any other languages at this time. Taking into consideration how many speak Spanish in our Regions, and around the World, I would assume this is at least something still on the table for them.
  • amunrak29amunrak29 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hi.I like the ambience of the game, its story and gameplay but unfortunately the game is not in my language, Spanish.
    is possible to see a translation in the short term? apologies for my English
  • dost420dost420 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2nd most spoken language in d world and Cryptic don't have spanish for its user. what a shame. lol. btw ur english is fine.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Su ingles esta bien. Pienso que el juego ya esta en aleman y portugues; tendria razon si el juego se esta traduciendo a otras lenguas pero simplemente no esta terminado todavia.

Google Translated:
    Your English is fine. I think the game is already in German and Portuguese; reason would have if the game is being translated into other languages ​​but just not finished yet.

mod note: these forums are supported in english only. if english is not your native language or if you do not speak english, please use a translator if you want to post your support for adding spanish localization to the game's languages.

thank you.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I'm all for games being translated into as many languages as possible but I don't know what Cryptic's future plans for language support are. :(
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dost420 wrote: »
    what you mean by cash demographics? its a free game. adding a widely spoken language wud increase customer base exponentially.
    more people play game = more chances they buy items using zen = more money for perfectworld.

unless u saying spanish speaking people cant buy coz they poor. :mad:

Perhaps they mean that, according to the PWE number-crunchers, the cost to add Spanish-language support would exceed their projected income from doing so. That's just my interpretation.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited July 2013
    I thought everyone who can operate a computer speaks english nowadays. Im Austrian, yet I havent played a game in my native language in years, because quite frankly, translations from english to another language always suck, always. Be it games, books, movies, cerialboxes etc...
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or hindu language..lots of variables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amordreadamordread Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thats weird. Even Turkish translation exists.
    edited July 2013
    amordread wrote: »
    Thats weird. Even Turkish translation exists.

if it is very rare even Italian and are a small community.
    I would like to suggest a perfect world and cryptic this problem.
    only intend to create a constructive issue we had in the company in the future plans.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It isn't matter of how many people speak the language, but from which languages the profits have come from. I have seen many games get translated into French, German, Italian, Polish, and Turkish long before Spanish. That is because while Spanish is spoken by many people the cost of the translation is not recouped as quickly as the other languages. For whatever reason Spanish language areas don't spend as much on video games as other language groups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skippymcjuniorskippymcjunior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What are you guys talking about? Just today I've seen so many people that had German translations (or something of the sort). I've seen so many "Hilfe!"s (German for help). And one time I saw a person with a badge written in Spanish
  • kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Turks are one of the most populated in a lot of mmos and a consist of most of the gold farmers that the chinese don't.
    edited July 2013
    common error to think that this problem only affects the country Spain.
    the problem affects many South American players and more places ..
    tomorrow f2p mmorpg known one which I will not name will be translated into Spanish and Turkish.
    I would like to hear the news here in neverwinter.
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm with OP. I'm fluent in English but my wife and a lot of my friends are not, and they'd love to enjoy the official content in our native tongue. On the other hand, there are a few good Foundry quests in Spanish. I strongly recommend Villa Asediada and its follow-ups.

It isn't true that Spanish translations are overlooked by serious game companies. Dragon Age, The Witcher, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Call of Duty have all launched with Spanish translation and I'll as far as saying that The Witcher's Spanish version was way better than the English version.

Hell, even Neverwinter Nights 2 was made available in Spanish at launch.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just feel lucky that they haven't written the game in LOL-CAT.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • miloscorpmiloscorp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    any news? is this going to happen anytime soon or ever?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Many threads merged that are all on this same topic of localization.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can help with translation into Spanish if needed
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • cimerio2cimerio2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    I can help with translation into Spanish if needed

no Spanish = no Zen

spanish please
  • aldrim13aldrim13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 translation to spanish i hope something reply
  • raggametalraggametal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think you guys should quit asking for this. The best way to punish their behavior is to not buy any ZEN, why would you spend money in a game that doesn't even give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if you understand everything in it or not?

I mean, they think other nations are way more important, I mean, geez, they even have the site translated in Turkish, seriously? Pfft. Not trying to diminish them or anything, but ****, these are languages who are limited to tops a few countries, where Spanish is spoken in many many many countries, including the US (even if people get angry about it, that's a fact, sorry).

Even League of Legends got their ish together and translated it specially for Latin America, with audio and everything. Some people here even offered to translate it for free, seriously? NO. If they spent money translating it to other less spoken languages, let them pay for Spanish as well, screw it, it's this type of attitude that has other people treating us this way in the first place.

If you can't understand the game content, move onto another game that does care for the Spanish speaking population. This game is awesome and all, but I can understand VERY WELL, why it'd become a problem for a Spanish speaking player to perform in optimum conditions because of this problem.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    cimerio2 wrote: »
    no Spanish = no Zen

spanish please

yeah !

because this guy is the sole monetary support for your game you know !!! ;)
    The game is already in all or almost all languages ​​except Spanish, we are always the last case they do, we will also pay your game, whether buying Zen or otherwise, that unless you have it in our language and enjoy it as much as others, I had raised buy Zen for a whim, but I think that I will not spend hard.
    edited August 2013
    no news yet?
    Can you at least give a response to the Hispanic community?
    when I see the game translated in most languages ​​except ours, I start to feel like a lack of respect