test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everyone knows Rogues are OP

Comments

• selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    mrfalrinth wrote: »
    Their I-win button is absolutely OP. Stun + heavy nuke at same time... and with short cooldown... its just radiculous. How can such a nuke stun class have such a great survavibility on top of that? Its just lame.

Which skill is this?

CW is way more powerful then TR. You can kite TR and mitigate 80% of their damage
  • tyler23434tyler23434 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Which skill is this?

CW is way more powerful then TR. You can kite TR and mitigate 80% of their damage
    shocking execution and smoke bomb make people's game client crash. Is that op enough for you
  • aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tyler23434 wrote: »
    shocking execution and smoke bomb make people's game client crash. Is that op enough for you

client crashing will be fixed obviously and people should learn to play against it and stop complaining especially when CW is the obvious EZmode class for PVP at the moment. If a rogue is killing you then you have bad timing, a bad setup to fight them, a bad team or they're just better than you.
  • saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    Learn to play is a very idiotic and vague statment, it doesnt work when everyone already knows their class and that isent even the issue, the issue is rogues who are GOOD, we arent talking about the bads, have too much of a advantage over other good players who use diffrent classes, please get the issue straight before posting useless posts

The fact is, A "good" cw will ALWAYS beat a "good" rogue. CW's have WAY to much control on little cooldowns to the point that they can roll their cd's and blinks to the point where it is IMPOSSIBLE for a rogue to get a kill.

Before I start I will say, this is purely about rogues and CW's they are the only two classes worth talking about right now in pvp, the other classes are just mongloid spam buttons, what people fail to realize is that with these two classes if they are used "properly" WITH skill (aka someone who is actually pvp literate and knows what they are doing) They can win games, BUT lets move on.

For everyone to understand this better. I make as simple as possible. The way the game mechanics work and how both classes are set up, The difference between both is that, compared to a good rogue, if the other team has a good cw who knows what he is doing and how to properly roll his cd's and utility. The good cw team will always win compared to a team with a good rogue. cw's are the rogues "hard" counter. The issue with this is that the cw's counter the rogue so hard that a rogue literally game mechanic wise, cannot stop a cw. The most I can do to a good cw is just keep him on his toes and not forget about me because if he messes up I will kill him. Whats very sad is that, a cw can be kiting a rogue AND ccing someone else at the sametime.

An unbalanced system is what 90% of a games downfall is.

I don't PvE at all. I strictly pvp to level. thats all I ever did since level 10. the ONLY class that really stands out amongst every single class is a cw with a brain that doesnt just spam his spells.

Control wizards should ALWAYS have something up, if you played a rogue you would know that we actually have A LOT of downtime where we are just running trying to catch up.

So to all the cw's saying rogues are OP rogues are too strong have to much damage! Obviously if you stand still and dont use your skills and blinks effectively, the rogue is going to **** on you -_- LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KEEP MOVING. Like god. Save 1 blink for one a rogue leaps to you, blink away and there you jsut pooped on any chance the rogue had on you. A rogue has 2 dodges, and 1 leap, that is the only 3 possible ways to get to you, you have 3 blinks and a knockback, from that alone any pvp literate person would know a rogue should NEVER touch you unless opening out of stealth and than your kite fest begins. And again its sad because any good cw can effectively kite a rogue WHILE cc'ing the other team. I've met ONE good cw that jsut did outstanding, and literally just made me leave the game and watch tv because he used his class just that well to the point where I didn't even want to play this game. So before you complain. GAME MECHANIC WISE, the rogue is the easiest class to kite, the easiest to kill and the hardest to play effectively for that matter, once everyone starts realizing how stupid they are and just learn to play and counter them you will see a dramatic downfall in the rogue population. It is not hard, it is VERY simple. and if anyone has any questions or wants to learn how to counter them or whatever. I'm going to start streaming rogue pvp in 1080P, so if you want to learn how to play a rogue a lil better or how to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on them stop on by :D

www.twitch.tv/Desololive TR 1080P PvP
  • xdreeganxxdreeganx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    izariel44 wrote: »
    The fact that rogues are outrageously overpowered cannot be denied. The easy fact that more than half the player base and 80% of the pvp base are rogues is ample evidence that this fact is common knowledge. People will always flock to the most OP class to exploit the current FOTM.

There is no down side to rogues they have the best dps of any class, amazing control, and survivability. This is just from a pve standpoint. Lets talk about pvp...

In pvp rogues are gods. (Meh... not really) 80% of active pvpers are playing the rogue class. (80%? I've never gotten stuck with a party with 4 other rogues and myself, CW) Rogues currently have better control than control wizards. This is indisputable. < LOL WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING!?

Rogues have stealth, which they can use to get out of fire and easily maneuver behind you.
    This stealth is... meh in PvP. Don't know why it's getting you destroyed so much. That stealth is one of the weakest class abilities in the game for PvP.
    Rogues have a long stun, which consequently is longer than the stun CW can get through chill.
    Longer than we can get through chill... sure. But that's about it.
    Rogues have a silence which completely locks down any casting class for 3+ seconds.
    CW's can lock down 1 class for longer, and can seriously disrupt entire team fights with one spell. Can you do that?
    Rogues have a blink, which they can use to instantly be behind a target.
    Yeah.... and? One gap-closer... WOOO! GWF and GFs have spammable gap-closers... Rogues have 1, on a CD.
    Rogues can dodge right out of any CC you use on them.
    So can every class... your point?
    When CC is used on them the longest it lasts is 1 second, which is nearly useless.
    They have to burn their daily for that. After that... free game. Big deal. My Encounters are on a shorter CD than you get Action Points.
    Rogues can melt mace faster than any other class, which means they only need a few seconds to completely wreck you.
    Well yeah. Single Target DPS. But they can only kill you if you sit there picking your nose not doing anything.
    Rogues have a slow which prevents you from running away from them.
    That's why we have a Shift key.
    Rogues have as much survivability as any class except the guardian.
    Who told you that? Got any proof? I'd like to know how a Rogue expects to be more survivable than a GWF, or even a Cleric..

Please Cryptic, the rogues in this game are gamebreakinginly overpowered and it needs to be fixed. If they are to be a cannon then nerf their survivability and CC. If they are to have so much CC and survivability then nerf their damage. They cannnot and should not have it all.

I know all the hordes of rogues in this game are going to flock here and attack me for not knowing anything. They just want to enjoy their OPness a little longer. Ignore them.

I'm a Control Wizard. L2P.
    MQl1o52.png
    Arrows and Blades do not have names on them.
    They are addressed, "To whom it may concern.."
  • caidencaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This might be just because Control Wizards are also strong, but rare is the time I lose 1 on 1's versus a TR. They have amazing burst, and horrendous damage...but they have tells. Just like any NPC or Boss. Dodge at the right times, learn their tells and its easy to dodge the 10,000+ damage strikes/finishers.
  • damarinasaidamarinasai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a Control Wizard and to be honest, I have a lot of problems dealing with Rogue. Maybe it's because I didn't master my skills good enough or my build isn't good for PvP but yeah... I get smashed all time when it comes to fight Rogue, but HEY - Rogue is meant to counter a wizard right ;). Warrior kills Roque, Rogue kills a Wizard and a Wizard kills a Warrior, that's the common system.
    Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tyler23434 wrote: »

So THAT is what it is! Well, figures.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • lotharelionlotharelion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, you forget one important thing, the 'killing circle' usually looks like this:
    mage > rogue
    rogue > plate user
    plate user > mage;
    I always play as a rogue class, just fits me best and I don't like those whining kiddies, that want to have an overpowered char that can 1shot you. CW are really pain in the neck if you are rogue because they can cc your @ss all the time (which is their job), but still when finaly rogue will get to them, he should be able to burst dmg quickly to eliminate mage from the game. And in most cases it's impossible, at least now. I don't think that any class should be nerfed, I guess 'heavy' classess should get some love from what I saw so far. BUT still, saying that tr is overpowered just means, that you don;t know what you are doing, seriously. I manage to kill most of my targets (mages/rogues , rarely healers) but only because most of them don't know what to do and just run in the circle spamming skills. I think that I know a little about my char, and I really like the domination where I can really do what rogues should do (backstabing, taking over the pillars while in stealth etc). I hope we will have some reall pvp content - arenas 1vs1, 2vs2 and so on, or maybe even open pvp zone. That would be nice I guess..

tldr: wait till you hit 60, learn how to use your char, get good gear, and what's the most important.. just ENJOY the game.
  • clownshockclownshock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello TR isnt that op i'm a cleric have i have killed several TR just gotta now what u doing =)
  • th3modth3mod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    The sad thing is that everybody here is talking about learn to paly and CW is OP or rouge is OP or this or that, but the problem is 80% of us here in this thread don't even know yet how to play...because it's a new game, with new things to understand.

What I don't get tho, is that how can people say CW so OP, he can controll everything QQ etc... when you can literally dodge EVERY spell of mine. You can dodge both of my dailies (Ice Knife, Arcane singularity, etc) you can dodge my force choke since it has a 1,5 second cast time (even tho it does not have a cast bar) and you can dodge my chill strike, hell you can even dodge my repell. 95% of you haven't encountered a good rouge who understands how to play. I had the joys of it :) "Artemis" he was called, props to him, best rouge I have seen so far. I am not saying I am a good CW, I am rather new and have lots of things to improve on but that rouge was dodging all my CCs like a baws and nuked me afterwards (since all of my spells go on cooldown even if they are dodged, which is insanely annoying). I managed to kill him some times but he <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me 8/10 times. I played PvP against him from lvl 30 to 39 and then from 40-49 often times. The only class who would have a problem against me is a GWF who can't dodge but he has his determination so...problem solved. The only problem with the TR is his high utility and skillset, adjust that and problem solved, noone cares about his high dps, that's his role. But a high dps striker with a 3 second silence? That's just bull****! :)
    edited May 2013
    Well, 1 debuff (silence) good against a mage makes game fair and square I guess :) Everyone have a field where we can improve our game-style, and whining that specific class is overpowered really sucks badly. About dodging the cc of CW it 's easier said than than - i'm slowly learning how to time it correctly, but still it's a pain in the neck. I guess the best thing we can do, is to wait for final release, lvl up our toons, get familiar with them and see what the future will bring. For now let's just have fun guys, cause it's all that matter here.
  • piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    th3mod wrote: »
    The sad thing is that everybody here is talking about learn to paly and CW is OP or rouge is OP or this or that, but the problem is 80% of us here in this thread don't even know yet how to play...because it's a new game, with new things to understand.

What I don't get tho, is that how can people say CW so OP, he can controll everything QQ etc... when you can literally dodge EVERY spell of mine. You can dodge both of my dailies (Ice Knife, Arcane singularity, etc) you can dodge my force choke since it has a 1,5 second cast time (even tho it does not have a cast bar) and you can dodge my chill strike, hell you can even dodge my repell. 95% of you haven't encountered a good rouge who understands how to play. I had the joys of it :) "Artemis" he was called, props to him, best rouge I have seen so far. I am not saying I am a good CW, I am rather new and have lots of things to improve on but that rouge was dodging all my CCs like a baws and nuked me afterwards (since all of my spells go on cooldown even if they are dodged, which is insanely annoying). I managed to kill him some times but he <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me 8/10 times. I played PvP against him from lvl 30 to 39 and then from 40-49 often times. The only class who would have a problem against me is a GWF who can't dodge but he has his determination so...problem solved. The only problem with the TR is his high utility and skillset, adjust that and problem solved, noone cares about his high dps, that's his role. But a high dps striker with a 3 second silence? That's just bull****! :)

Good to know that everything can be dodged. I was having doubts there since it was really hard trying to focus on somebody in pvp. I need to practise my rogue more.
  • lupex92lupex92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason why people make threads like this is for the developers to see it and try to do something against it. So all rogues out there trying to get rid of people that makes these kind of posts just because theyre afraid to get their class nerfed because they cant stand being balanced compared to all the other classes, you crying over it wont stop people from making these kind of posts.
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only thing that makes them op is the exploit that causes players game to crash. And that is on Cryptics shoulders. Fix that exploit so we can actually enjoy playing pvp.

Everything else is fine. People will stop complaining when they understand how to play better, and how to counter rogues.

Honestly TR isnt to hard to deal with and neither is CW if you know what you're doing. It's when the 2 of them are focusing the same target, thats when it gets a little ridiculous. But hell thats just teamwork, can't really nerf team work LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • merrinsetmerrinset Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    Everything else is fine. People will stop complaining when they understand how to play better, and how to counter rogues.

No...they won't. These types of people never stop complaining. Even if they get what they want and can just spam one button and win every single encounter, they'll complain that something else is OP.
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merrinset wrote: »
    No...they won't. These types of people never stop complaining. Even if they get what they want and can just spam one button and win every single encounter, they'll complain that something else is OP.

LOL it's funny because it is true. But we can hope that at least the majority of people will stop complaining when they understand how to play and counter the different classes/builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • delavega86delavega86 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, my guardian friend humiliates rogues.
    myself as a cleric it depends. id say i have a 35% chance to win or something.
    but if theres two, rogue/rogue rogue/wiz wiz/wiz, im dead while stunlocked the whole time. and thats not fun.
    game needs diminishing returns for stun/daze.
    but ive seen rogues one-shot people, and that cant be balanced.
    edited May 2013
    lupex92 wrote: »
    The reason why people make threads like this is for the developers to see it and try to do something against it. So all rogues out there trying to get rid of people that makes these kind of posts just because theyre afraid to get their class nerfed because they cant stand being balanced compared to all the other classes, you crying over it wont stop people from making these kind of posts.

I hope that thanks to fellas like you, they won't mess up the game because you can't spam 1button to own the game. TR is EASY to kill, especially for CW since he can cc tr all the time and blink when he is in danger. Roll on TR and try to pvp at higher lvl -if you will be unstoppable killing machine as you think TR is, then we can talk.
  • painkyyyypainkyyyy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually give rogue give me with his daily spell for 17k on 1 hit when i have any 23k srsly canyou nerfed this op **** ?
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's so funny about this thread is that I think in the end, CW and Rogue are probably the weakest classes.

GWF is extremely underrated, Guardian Fighter looks incredibly broken end game (dmg, tons of CC, tankiness, and 0 cd gap closer (wtf?)) while CW's have a couple cc's, they do like no dmg lol.

Clerics are just monsters too.
  • darkhandsdarkhands Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In pvp rogues are gods. 80% of active pvpers are playing the rogue class. Rogues currently have better control than control wizards. This is indisputable.

Well, I hope, for your own good, that you are not playing a control wizard to say such a thing...

As one, I can easily control a rogue for over 10 seconds and I'm only level 20. I know anecdotal evidence isn't the best, but seriously, I cannot imagine that rogue would have better control than a control wizard with an absurd amount of recovery.If nothing else, maybe trickster rogue is easier or an early bloomer?
    I know all the hordes of rogues in this game are going to flock here and attack me for not knowing anything. They just want to enjoy their OPness a little longer. Ignore them.

I'm pretty sure the devs are smart enough to know that:
    1. Your arguments are fallacious and apparently based on anecdotal evidence.
    2. Argumentum ad hominen is a sophism. You have google, look it up.
    3. Good players will attack your arguments, and so they should even if they agree with you even just to add a bit of credibility to your cause, not you per se.

I don't see any problems with the balance of the game as of yet and I can't say trickster rogues are that bad in PVP. They tend to compose at least 2 out of the 5 slots in a PVP domination team, but that speaks more of the popularity of the class than the inherent strength of it. A basic correlation/causation sophism matter as far as I am concerned.
  • th3modth3mod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    the rouge will be tweaked, that is for sure. But it's too soon. It is okay to make threads to direct the developers attention to certain things ;) There is a lot to be reviewed I am sure. I have been playing MMORPG PvP for 6 years now, so I somewhat know what I am talking about here, we just have to be patient! flaming eachother wont help.

Oh and btw I played PvP in this game in every lvl bracket except lvl 60 and it is changing a lot every bracket, some brackets I own with my CW the next one gets owned by rouges, the third one gets owned by guardian fighters who are unkillable and clerics who crit 5k at lvl 38 on you, yes 5k! That was half of my hp at that time and at the same time being unkillable coz of his heals. We have to wait for lvl 60 and make comments only based on high end content and propper gear. 1-59 brackets will always be a bit imbalanced because of the level/gear advantage...you can not compare a fully blue/lila geared lvl 39 guy with a just dinged lvl 30 guy :)
    edited May 2013
    @Darkhand you are making judgements at lvl 20 mate. And if you pwn a TR then he is playing his class poorly! All he has to do is dodge 1 or 2 of your controll abilites, then try to make you dodge 1-2 times, TP behind you and do the daze dance so the CW can go get a coffe for 3 seconds while you he gets <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! ;) Like I said, every bracket is different, depending on gear/skill. Skill really matters in this game, knowing when to dodge or when to use a certain skill/fake move makes a huge difference :) You only pwn newbies as a CW. And for everyone crying about the CC...it got a lot of nerf since the first beta weekend. CW CC in PvP is max 1 sec ;)
  • jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Rock, scissors ... :) I'm relatively sure that an equally geared TR will have a major upper hand against a CW.

The thing is, and that is another issue with debates like these, that it's rare to get a 1v1 in this game. It's either a group fight, or someone rides in while you are fighting someone. That makes it hard to get a good idea of how classes compare directly, and team setup matters a lot.

I have had matches at 60 with my CW where I had by far the most kills and 2k more points than anyone else, but I also had two skilled clerics with me. And there were games where I couldn't kill anyone or even stay alive for any length of time because there was a pack of rogues playing together. Death in stunlock/silence.

There is no dueling, so proper testing is not so trivial.

+1 :cool:

All of you fanboys should just read this simple post that exhibits a simple thing called logic. A lot of whining and crying yet a lot of you guys arent even on max level. :p
  • kato009kato009 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    If everyone knows it, there really isn't any reason to bring it up, is there?

Unless of course you are that one gamer in 100,000 that actually wants to make the game better and not just grief, exploit, hack, cheat, steal, and generally be a ******.
  • kato009kato009 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 :cool:

All of you fanboys should just read this simple post that exhibits a simple thing called logic. A lot of whining and crying yet a lot of you guys arent even on max level. :p

What difference does max level make ? If I am 19 and rogues own everything does that mean I can't have an opinion about them ? What about 35 ? 45 ? Or does my opinion only matter once I am 60 ?

See the thing you fail to realize is like so many other games, if it is broken this bad, many people wont make it to 60 because there are other games out there that don't make them want to punch their monitor every time they enter pvp and get stomped by rogue(s).
    edited May 2013
    kato009 wrote: »
    What difference does max level make ? If I am 19 and rogues own everything does that mean I can't have an opinion about them ? What about 35 ? 45 ? Or does my opinion only matter once I am 60 ?

See the thing you fail to realize is like so many other games, if it is broken this bad, many people wont make it to 60 because there are other games out there that don't make them want to punch their monitor every time they enter pvp and get stomped by rogue(s).

See exactly that is my point. You are judging based on a certain level. You might be right about the Rouge, but for example when I first started a GF in the second CBW and then did PvP with him I thought he is trash, getting **** on by everyone. But now I realised the tactical superiority of a GF once he gets nice and tanky. He can defend a point easily by him self until reinforcements arrive. Same with the Cleric. In early lvl PvP clerics dont really hurt you, nor do they heal for a lot. After lvl 40 they hit me for 5k crits and are untouchable because of their self heals. It changes on the way.

You are allowed and encouraged to have an opinion based on what ever you experience I am just saying don't judge before you see the whole picture! :) There is imbalance atm and as far as I have seen it will be attended rather fast. Cryptic staff so far has been awsome! ;)
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Issues of scale are also issues of balance. In 30-39 bracket im still finding that rogues are nearly on par with GWF on survivability (even when they dont touch con or defense), but 3x + the damage, doesnt matter if at max level its all more even if before that its simply outrageous, scale can be adjusted without ruining your precious 60 'balance'
  • saraibaxeadasaraibaxeada Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    th3mod wrote: »
    See exactly that is my point. You are judging based on a certain level. You might be right about the Rouge, but for example when I first started a GF in the second CBW and then did PvP with him I thought he is trash, getting **** on by everyone. But now I realised the tactical superiority of a GF once he gets nice and tanky. He can defend a point easily by him self until reinforcements arrive. Same with the Cleric. In early lvl PvP clerics dont really hurt you, nor do they heal for a lot. After lvl 40 they hit me for 5k crits and are untouchable because of their self heals. It changes on the way.

You are allowed and encouraged to have an opinion based on what ever you experience I am just saying don't judge before you see the whole picture! :) There is imbalance atm and as far as I have seen it will be attended rather fast. Cryptic staff so far has been awsome! ;)

Are u sure?. Im cleric, and im lv40 actually. I have no heal skills between 40-60. Where the heal come from?. Where the damage come from?. 1 skill every 10 seconds than deal 1000-2000 damage?. or one 500HP heal every 12seconds?.
    Incoming signature
This discussion has been closed.