test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding . . .

Having issues lately more often than not, making it more and more difficult to enjoy the game -- server not responding, sometimes for two and three minutes at a stretch, sometimes coming back, other times disconnecting completely.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Reboot your comp and router lately?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    @milamber#1226

The reason why you disconnect is because you don't set your DNS inputs on your router and wireless adapter from your internet provider. If you're running digital from a phone line? Well, don't run wirelessly, use ethernet cable. Yet, setting DNS inputs will in fact help stability to the internet. Without setting DNS inputs from your provider, the internet at times will not register, because the internet router doesn't know where to look for on device. Have you ever noticed the awkward of the network switching to public from home? Trust me on this!

Though a router will go wonky at times and turning off for 10 seconds to reset. However, setting the DNS inputs will help a lot on establishing stability with a device. It's more instant connection establishing after a power outage or a microwave interference. My lights flicker during a rainstorm, I am still online; that proves it! Mircowave is going, no internet, and no server response. However, instantly I'm connected when microwave interference stops and I was not kicked out of the game. Result may vary, but it's funny it works.

Make sure you have cat6 ethernet cables and docsis3.0 cable modem. Newer technology also like ipv4 and ipv6.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    DNS setting does not help what he described. DNS is to resolve the IP address from the host name. Since his post mentioned it worked and then did not, that is not a DNS issue. His computer (the OS) cached the DNS result for a long while after it asked the DNS. Neverwinter client program also would not need it after the sockets are established. Once you get the IP address, you don't need DNS again (for a long while). It is properly a routing issue of its ISP or the 'microwave' issue you mentioned (if he uses wireless connection) or .....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Well, the last few days were just fudged up in NWO and STO...
    - neither Steam nor Arc running in the background but the game launcher itself still needed several tries to even get started
    - logging in did also take several tries
    - logging from one character to another resulted in a disconnect rather regulary
    - getting anything done in game took more time and was a real pain in the youknowhat
    i even tried running the game through the game launcher proxy, and guess what? After logging through a few characters i got disconnected again and i was "blocked" with an "too many login attempts" message showing.

:#fun times

It's now working more or less normal again with NWO, haven't checked in with STO, but since i haven't changed a thing on my side, something was really messed up on the Cryptic's end or somewhere in between...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • juanblade1juanblade1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I am also experiencing this for 2 days and i have no idea what to do!!!!
    edited November 2019

I am also experiencing this for 2 days and i have no idea what to do!!!!

Run tracert to see if you can go to the server at all.

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

e.g.

$ tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

8 25 ms 26 ms 25 ms ae21.cs1.lga5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.26.138]
    9 26 ms 23 ms 24 ms ae13.er3.lga5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.27.45]
    10 39 ms 25 ms 25 ms 208.184.23.222.IPYX-143212-001-ZYO.zip.zayo.com [208.184.23.222]
    11 25 ms 24 ms 26 ms po110.bs-b.sech-lga.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.97.245]
    12 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms a72-52-1-139.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.139]
    13 27 ms 24 ms 25 ms ae121.access-a.sech-lga.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.97.251]
    14 94 ms 95 ms 63 ms 93.191.173.130
    15 41 ms 40 ms 40 ms a209-200-147-156.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.147.156]
    16 99 ms 100 ms 65 ms 198.49.243.237
    17 51 ms 44 ms 41 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

Two things to pay attention.
    1. can you reach patchserver.crypticstudios.com?
    2. Is patchserver.crypticstudios.com resolved to be 208.95.184.200?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    No wonder why people are having lag issue. It appears I am getting a over 10GB patch (which has no patch note). If everyone is getting that, ......
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I have usually disconnects when starting a dungeon (like 50% of the times), this started like 1 month ago... is anyoning but once I enter the dungeon, everything is ok, no lag, no spikes, etc. And I can finish the dungeon with no problems.

Yesterday was another thing. We had 2 total party disconnect from Tiamat and ToMM (1 hour between the big disconnects more or less) and in the second, after server not responding everoyne went out. Reconnect and chat was like restarting, a lot of delay, and AH didnt work for moments.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor