test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue changes - Not all these dungeons are the same difficulty

When I saw the changes on preview, I thought to myself, you can't seriously expect to have Malabog's Castle and Tomb of the Nine Gods in the same queue - Epic Dungeon. That'll never work.

Well... T9G came up in my first random Epic dungeon today. I was healing. A guildmate was the tank.

It went fine until Ras Nsi.

Unfortunately, one of the dps was in blue Vistani gear and we were not able to kill the souls - even though the two other dps were decent - before the charge one-shotted the group. We gave it a few attempts.

The lowest dps player kindly offered to leave. We requested reinforcements but the next two players to join left immediately and the other one went offline. We decided to abandon as it was late.

I really do not see how it is possible that the developers can think that a player in blue Vistani gear is ready to face T9G. The idea that all of these "epic" dungeons are the same difficulty or even close is absurd.

After a period of turbulence, the queues were working just fine. Now the kaleidoscope has been shaken up again.

Comments

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    i pointed something of this sort out when i read the thread about the upcoming changes to the queue system
    not all the dungeons are of the same difficulty an should not be placed in the same queue's
    they thought they were getting the "constant loop" where certain dungeons in the q's were just out right avoided? Lol
    they really gunna hear about that now with these changes
    so im with you @marvyn an i seen this comin b4 it even hit preveiw lol
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    There are a couple of people around here who'd tell you blue Vistani gear is actually op in T9G - some people just don't know how to use it correctly.
  • some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User

There are a couple of people around here who'd tell you blue Vistani gear is actually op in T9G - some people just don't know how to use it correctly.

LOL I do hope that was a joke.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

100%

By correctly I assume you meant the following method.
    Equip Vistani gear. Enter T9G. Remove Vistani gear. Convert Vistani gear into RP. Put real gear on.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Isn't the vistani gear LVL 71 equipment and Tong a LVL 70 dungeon?
    Maybe the problem isn't the level 71 gear on a level 80 player running a LVL 70 dungeon?
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Oh and to add to my grumble ->

I've been put in Tiamat in the random trial queue (queuing solo) twice in the past two days. On both occasions, the group managed to kill 1.2 heads in one wave meaning that staying in waiting for the clock to tick down would be a waste of 20 minutes.

I took the leaver penalty.

I can't believe that people still cannot do this raid. If they aren't being breathed on in the clerics phase, failing to divide 50:50 to defend them, then they are doing less damage than a healer cleric using at-wills against the heads, or not picking up the souls... What is wrong with the players of this game? Even when you give helpful instructions they still can't seem to understand.

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2019

Oh and to add to my grumble ->
    I can't believe that people still cannot do this raid. If they aren't being breathed on in the clerics phase, failing to divide 50:50 to defend them, then they are doing less damage than a healer cleric using at-wills against the heads, or not picking up the souls... What is wrong with the players of this game? Even when you give helpful instructions they still can't seem to understand.

Al three dungeons in RTQ requires some level of understanding and knowledge of tactics.

Game lost a lot of veteran players with mod 16, and that is very noticeable. Too many people that do not know the tactics around now - not just for RTQ, but endboss tactics in most dungeons is a problem too.

New people = low gear, no tactics knowledge, and to some extent no will to listen.

People should read up on RTQ tactics before they sign up, but it seems to me nobody is doing that.

And then of course on top of that there are the usual problems with people not reading chat, or being unable to understand english.
    Post edited by mentinmindmaker on
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    People failing Tiamat or similar entry level difficulty content is the result of being coddled for years and being constantly included instead of excluded from content. The changes to random queue have made it so that any fresh level 80 now has near instant potential access to 95% of the group content available in this game, that is a problem.

I found it hilarious how some people that are actually driven / more hardcore were getting annoyed at all the crying from *end game * players over ToMM when the vast majority of the players in this game can't even build a competent character for Master Expeditions.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I find this a problem with how cryptic decided to handle a dungeon. They place a item level onto it and say there as long as you reach this item level you can and will win this dungeon. In reality I see this as a cheap move. When really they should lock each dungeon and random queue behind actual mini stat requirements.
    This would not only make each dungeon run smoother and a win but also it would tell a user that can not yet queue why and what stats they should increase on.
    This would make sure that each dungeon ran is almost always a win and not waste peoples time.
    With how neverwinter is now this should have been done when mod 16 was released.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yes indeed.

Its mainly a problem of player equipment, scaling and player inexperience.

I was waiting for the epic dungeon to pop on a very hasty TANK build [selfish I know but at least I KNOW THE THEORY of tanking and the toon has tanked Orcus in CN and Demogorgon etc].

So wow I got pulled into the final campfire of Epic Cragmire Crypts - off we toddled into the final Boss fight and omg it was hell on earth. Nowhere near enough DPS, non-existant healing, no idea by anyone what to do. Burning us to death with flames... wipe. Wipe.

Then I remembered the keg at the back and used that to put out the flames on the floor. [NOTE I had to TELL players not to stand in the burning flame areas!] I explained this mechanism to the other players hoping we could get this sorted.

It made it a bit easier but we still wiped twice.

AT this point I checked the timer and they had been in the dungeon for about 40 minutes before I joined, so it was at 58min timer.

Its a hard boss to tank as it jumps all over the place and you need DPS on the boss AND DPS on the adds.

This dungeon is from April 2015 so who remembers the keg? We haven't had to use that mechanism for a while.

Anyhow I bailed out just after an hour and five minutes.

In this case I would say scaling handicaps the DPS too much and the healer and tank don't bring enough to the party if its the TANK who has to set the keg off each time :)
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    In reality, the "other two dps" were not decent..
    There's a reason when you got reinforcements, they left immediately...and it wasn't because of the person that left.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User

snipped

The only thing that scaling handicaps is healers. DPS and Tanks are barely affected by scaling if built properly, in fact HP scaling is completely out of whack and Tanks are too strong in scaled content.

The final boss in eCC can one shot with firebomb and it is currently bugged visually ( no red indicator, just boss animation ), other than that it is a very easy fight for a tank to control and for even low DPS to complete. You are not dealing with a hard dungeon or punitive scaling, you are dealing with an incompetent party.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Increase IL is not the answer imo, with how easy they are throwing high IL at everybody now.
    Add minimum boon points! UM + 10 or whatever, cause running ANYTHING but UM/ME/FE/WE is too much to ask right now. And yeah, the queues ... They don't fit. But I don't want to complain too much, I will just not run them.

New players seem to be allergic to the whole game at this point, not that I can blame them. A few mods ago a new player sat in an guild/alliance full of vets and semi-vets and asked "what can I do to raise my IL? I wanna run xyz ("endgame" content far too difficult for people that open all portals in ndemo)" and people answered "play the game".
    Now it's "do UM, buy a deepcrow and run MEs until you are set!!" No need to know where Omu is. (Yeah I said that some times already, but... yeah... :s )
    - bye bye -