test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Queues won't accept me being a DPS Class.

I get the reason why Queues will only accept groups that have 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 3 DPS. However it takes over a hour or not at all for me to enter a Queue as a DPS. I hope this will be resolved sometime in the future.

Chances are I might begin to play less if I can't play as DPS when it comes to entering a Queue.

Comments

• Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, it's bad, but if it helps any, the longest wait I had tonight was with one of my healers.

Another thing that stinks is I'm more likely to be in the middle of a weekly by the time a queue comes up. Wasted nearly half an hour tonight having to redo things because on several occasions I had to grab a queue while I had the chance. Content is taking longer to complete too.

So far it's worse than I feared it would be.
    Really hate this change.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Well, my ranger, rogue, and wizard were all benched today - couldn't get any of them into a queue.
    Those leveling skirmishes used to be really difficult to get into, but now with the role-requirements, nothing past orc assault even exists anymore - unless you want to try to solo it. And some of those are pretty hard on a newb even with a group.
  • Options
    mustkill99mustkill99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I feel like they destroyed it on purpose, because it was the easiest and best way to get some AD every day. There is a pattern in Neverwinter. They always nerf the easiest ways to get rich. They want people to spend real money. Well, Neverwinter had a great run, and I love it, but just look how quiet the chat in Protector's Enclave is. The trend has been quieter and quieter.
  • Options
    robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The thing sucks is my "new recruit" character is a Ranger and I waited about 30 minutes to have her play in a queue. My favorite character in the game is the Barbarian and he's SO much more fun as a DPS Class and I've barely had him in a queue eversince Mod 17.
  • Options
    the other issue is I love playing my DPS Cleric and Warlock, it sucks that I barely have a chance to play them in Online Queues.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2019

I feel like they destroyed it on purpose, because it was the easiest and best way to get some AD every day. There is a pattern in Neverwinter. They always nerf the easiest ways to get rich. They want people to spend real money. Well, Neverwinter had a great run, and I love it, but just look how quiet the chat in Protector's Enclave is. The trend has been quieter and quieter.

They either nerf ways to make ADs, or 'forget' about updating/fixing other ways. It feels like that for me too.
    "Just do your MEs" on my main and a few alts to cap and I will shoot myself in the foot because it makes me go nuts
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    W

They either nerf ways to make ADs, or 'forget' about updating/fixing other ways. It feels like that for me too.
    "Just do your MEs" on my main and a few alts to cap and I will shoot myself in the foot because it makes me go nuts

What does the term "MEs" mean or what is it short for?
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Master Expeditions.

The problem is everyone wants to play dps. Your options are make a group, join a group, wait, or play as a different role. I'd love to play my cleric as dps all the time, but reality is healers are in demand.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC