test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old: Throne of Idris Feedback

2»

Comments

• akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Well if you watched the video that was linked about the prior TOO according to Julia and Thomas, they want people to be able to beat 1-3 but only BIS people beat 4-5.

Julia - "for those who want to complete the top tier, it is basicaly for the top tier, for the highest players"
    Thomas - "the goal here is that everyone should be able to get to tier 3. tier 4 will be challenging and tier 5 that will be like getting your 3 gold stars."

So have fun running the dungeon 20 times at 3 tier completion.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

agilesto said:

yet there's still ZERO answer from the team, be it COMA or devs or whatever. Nothing at all.

They did provide a response in the recent stream...
    Care to enlighten those of us who can't make it to the streams? Last time I checked the VOD gets erased over there for some "unknown" reason shortly after the stream.

Yeah, lol away. It's right there... :expressionless:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/488796637?t=00h06m37s
    THIS is the official forum for NW, not Twitch.
    "You should have watched the stream" to get apologies or corrections is not a compelling argument.
    Well, then what would even be the point of their streams? That's their 'official' stream too, something they're spending time and efforts on...
    In no way do reputable companies use a stream as a means to deliver important news without adding that information elsewhere (ie social media, official forums, etc).
    Yes, and they indeed do not make important announcements on streams and leave it there. What they gave was not an announcement in any way. They gave an apology and a response to queries. It isn't going to change anything for anybody, just additional information for those who want it (which is the point of these streams).

Yes, I agree it could've been done here, but they chose to do it there, nothing more to say on it.

Me nor anybody else claimed one should've watched streams if they needed to know something, just that a response was given there.
    FrozenFire
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    akemnos said:

Well if you watched the video that was linked about the prior TOO according to Julia and Thomas, they want people to be able to beat 1-3 but only BIS people beat 4-5.

Julia - "for those who want to complete the top tier, it is basicaly for the top tier, for the highest players"
    Thomas - "the goal here is that everyone should be able to get to tier 3. tier 4 will be challenging and tier 5 that will be like getting your 3 gold stars."

So have fun running the dungeon 20 times at 3 tier completion.

Yeah still believe that rewards should be reworked to make a +5 worth daily cap (and +5 for 3 days the chapter).
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    https://i.imgur.com/2eYJenM.jpg
    There seems to be an offset with how many adds do deathlock wights spawn. That door part is like the walking dead. Not an issue on x1 but it might be a problem in higher tiers

https://i.imgur.com/Rh5uU1o.png
    On that part where you have to "open a wall" (i think its the only one to open a wall if it helps), a mob gets stuck inside the door just like it does on expeditions. This is a huge issue due to the fact that you have to commit suicide or wait for a striker companion to get in there to fix it. Either way too won't allow to lose a life or time as they are both needed.

Apart from that a comment on difficulty. There seems to be a huge offset betwwen the whole dungeon and idris fight. I soloed the whole dungeon with no major issues and when i entered idris fight is like a new dungeon. Mobs hit harder and idris has a ton of hp compared to the rest of the dungeon. This is like walking for 15 min to get to the real dungeon. In higher tiers this should be the reason why runs won't be completed.
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    I still haven't figured out why you keep persisting to scale each phase of ToO separatly and not just put same dificulty as stage 1. As far as I remember this was quite fun event where simply to increase dificulty in next stages was to take away our artifacts, increase cooldowns, makes our attack poisonous to us and finally cut in half our power/defense in last stage. All this combined was enough to get even a good group on theire toes. Another thing you seems not to realize is the time factor that need to be put in every stage to complete it and all that togehter gave quite a challenge if you ask me, specially with random disconects of teammember that would forfeit all work for the team.
    So my advice: figure out the 1st stage difficulty and spread it accross all stages and let the "active embellishments" do the rest.
  • achouri1198achouri1198 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I cannot enter Throne of Idris Dungeon, the following message appear: "Everyone in your party must read the rules and not have any quests related to the dungeon." . Each time I speak to Nipsy, he gave me one Coin of the Tales Told. Please fix.

• bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I am all for fixing this, too. If they do not, there might be a good chance that i take this as a feature for compensation regarding the last ToO and just get my coins on 2 characters that way.

I got 8 coins this way on preview 5 minutes ago.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Good job with the event devs, this is how an event should be, fast, fun and not frustrating
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Is a bit easy but well is much more relaxing, comparing with last one is a blast
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

Me nor anybody else claimed one should've watched streams if they needed to know something.

Not to beat the dead horse, but yeah. You did:

agilesto said:

yet there's still ZERO answer from the team, be it COMA or devs or whatever. Nothing at all.

They did provide a response in the recent stream...
    The question was "where is the official response." Your answer was "watch the stream".
    Which would seem like uninformed nonsense coming from anyone other then our player representative to the company.
    Stand with the players, brother. You are one of US, yes?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.