Options

rad gone from non-vip seal vendors

sqwaztersqwazter Member Posts: 21 Arc User
is this intended? because

it's just pure evil.

Comments

• Options
    grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    interesting - yes, it seems gone, I am not sure when.

I think there used to be an option to turn in seals for a small amount of astral diamonds either in the accessories tab or the miscellaneous tab, but it is gone now.

was this intentional?
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Hmm... I'll ask
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Well, it looks like they removed the double Primal rings and the 1k rAD for 300 seals at the same time... nothing has changed in the ViP seal trader.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    i noticed this on ps4 wen mod 16 hit... pe seals vendor it was gone an vip it wasnt
    but i also noticed it was 300 in vip unlike tthe 100 it was in the pe vendor
    before mod 16 i was spendin my 1200 seals an gettin 12000 diamonds where as now thru the vip vendor im only gettin 4000
  • Options
    grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    a moderator frozenfirevr was going to ask - do the neverwinter moderators have direct communication with the devs?

can we please find out if this was intentional?
  • Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    This happened months ago like posted above. You bet it was intentional. They are well aware. Someone at cryptic actually had to take time out of their day to make this change happen. YUP, instead of fixing broken content they decided this was something that needed to be done. It just took people a while to notice. Just one more poke in the eye, one more straw on the old camel's back.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    stoniar said:

a moderator frozenfirevr was going to ask - do the neverwinter moderators have direct communication with the devs?

can we please find out if this was intentional?

We do not (well, not any more than you do on our Discord server). I've passed on the question but haven't gotten a response yet.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    If that's any consolation, 1k RAD for 300 seals is available at SH seal vendors.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Ever since they removed it, I left all 8 of my characters capped at 1200. By mod 18 (whenever it is released) they should convert to seals of the mountain and I will buy mountain gear for my characters. I was not surprised by the decision, as they remove more than they add. Speaking of removal, poor Hieronymous Glim is still jobless after all this time. Anyone got a job for the man?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    What's Rhix up to lately?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    The problem with Seals of the Mountain is you have no option to buy rAD with it. Very quickly, you are buying gear only to convert it to RP. That makes the seals worth 1 RP each.
  • Options
    And?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

The problem with Seals of the Mountain is you have no option to buy rAD with it. Very quickly, you are buying gear only to convert it to RP. That makes the seals worth 1 RP each.

You can get 500 - 1000 AD for the were-rat comps...
  • Options
    Not with Seals of the Mountain, you can't buy were-rat.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    greywynd said:

And?

and makes them pretty much useless.

Which I guess is comparable to most of Mod 16/17
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I doubt we will get an answer. We didn't when we brought it up then. Just crickets. Someone said there was a seal vender in Stronghold that had it too. Although I haven't tried but I would guess you should be able to ask a VIP to bring out their seal vendor for you if you want to. Once they started giving mountain mostly took a long time to get the 300. It switched to 300 with Mod 15 then a month later they disappeared from PE vendor after we were asking why would couldn't exchange for Mountain for RAD. They never bothered to answer that question either.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it, you get use to having a lot of worthless currencies on your characters. Seals are yet another one. Store it and just ignore it, and your mental well being will thank you. The talk about this in game chat (should you ever bring it up), players will ask, "Hey why can't I get AD for --insert removed resource here-- ?" Then some VIP person chimes in, "Oh, just buy VIP and you can do that with --insert VIP cheat here--." The first person will take some time to look into the solution and come back with, "But I have to buy VIP for the next 7 months just to get --insert VIP cheat here--!" What they both don't know, is the next thing to be removed, a few months ahead, is most likely anything you benefit from getting the VIP.

If you are looking for a reason for this decision, remember the name of the company is Cryptic Studios and not Obvious Studios. I sense this was done to make the VIP seal vendor have "value". As per my prior post alluded to the loss of salvage anvil and that was replaced with summoning of the seal vendor.

@greywynd I heard Rhix, Baelrath the Vile, Mizreal Everdark, and Idris play card games in her Miradain Fortress over in the Ebon Downs these days.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Probably cleaning it for the next Tales.
  • Options
    Slightly Off the Topic: Which proves to me they are just holding these old dungeons back and not replacing them where they belong. I find it annoying. I don't play Tales of Old, they can shove it. Put Idris back in the Ebon Downs food chain where she belongs. Put the Lair of the Mad Dragon back in Helm's Hold where he belongs. Stop removing stuff and then shuffling it to another location and calling it new again. We are not stupid.

Back On the Topic: Back in September 2018, they removed the Salvage and put AD into campaign stores for some junk currencies. They pulled the dungeon chest keys and made them reroll tokens, changed the Salvage Anvil Summon to a Seal Trader summon. The Strongholds that built a Salvage Anvil was swapped out with the Seal Trader as well. This is QED, it took almost a year to come around, but unless you have access to rank 7 (7 month) VIP or a guild with a salvage anvil, then Seals are just another worthless currency.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    I haven't looked in a very long time but isn't building a seal trader in a guild super cheap? I cant remember but i think when my guild built a salvage anvil it was extraordinary cheap compared to other buildings. I guess you would be hosed if you built some other random thing but unless things have changed it should be easy to build a vendor.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Slightly Off the Topic: Which proves to me they are just holding these old dungeons back and not replacing them where they belong. I find it annoying. I don't play Tales of Old, they can shove it. Put Idris back in the Ebon Downs food chain where she belongs. Put the Lair of the Mad Dragon back in Helm's Hold where he belongs. Stop removing stuff and then shuffling it to another location and calling it new again. We are not stupid.

Back On the Topic: Back in September 2018, they removed the Salvage and put AD into campaign stores for some junk currencies. They pulled the dungeon chest keys and made them reroll tokens, changed the Salvage Anvil Summon to a Seal Trader summon. The Strongholds that built a Salvage Anvil was swapped out with the Seal Trader as well. This is QED, it took almost a year to come around, but unless you have access to rank 7 (7 month) VIP or a guild with a salvage anvil, then Seals are just another worthless currency.

Hang on a moment are you saying there are Salvage Anvils still in game in Strongholds? :)
  • Options
    There is still a (non-functioning) salvage anvil in the Garden in PE.
  • Options

Hang on a moment are you saying there are Salvage Anvils still in game in Strongholds? :)
    No, I am saying Cryptic swapped the anvils for Seal vendors back last year. This was done for VIP and Strongholds, now this year they cut the AD to make the value for those groups.
    @akemnos the idea isn't about the overall cost, the question was posed, why it was done. I don't have any idea what level requirements a guild would need to have a seal vendor. I am just pointing out the obvious objective was to please VIP and Stronghold members. However I don't see removal of something once available to the general public such a grand plan.

Removing and reducing feats from the game supposedly made it better. However this was done on a global scale to everyone. Imagine if you logged into the game, because you don't belong to a level 5 guild or currently own VIP, you could no longer ride a mount. Seriously, I am fairly sure, that drastic of a change will never happen. But it would force players into buying VIP or joining guilds. This pleases the guild owners, most higher level guild owners are whales. I keep telling you guys, Cryptic is playing the CIA PSYOP handbook a little too well, it is disconcerting at times how well. :grin:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Seal vendor can be constructed when the guild is either lvl 3 or 4, can't really remember, but it's not very high.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

No, I am saying Cryptic swapped the anvils for Seal vendors back last year. This was done for VIP and Strongholds, now this year they cut the AD to make the value for those groups.
    @akemnos the idea isn't about the overall cost, the question was posed, why it was done. I don't have any idea what level requirements a guild would need to have a seal vendor. I am just pointing out the obvious objective was to please VIP and Stronghold members. However I don't see removal of something once available to the general public such a grand plan.

Removing and reducing feats from the game supposedly made it better. However this was done on a global scale to everyone. Imagine if you logged into the game, because you don't belong to a level 5 guild or currently own VIP, you could no longer ride a mount. Seriously, I am fairly sure, that drastic of a change will never happen. But it would force players into buying VIP or joining guilds. This pleases the guild owners, most higher level guild owners are whales. I keep telling you guys, Cryptic is playing the CIA PSYOP handbook a little too well, it is disconcerting at times how well. :grin:
    Thanks for the clarification. For a moment I was WOW let me get to the Guild Salvage Anvil! :)
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Team is looking into it, does not appear to be intended. Thanks for reporting!
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    lol i reported this a couple months ago
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

And their track record on things even when they say "looking into it" is not that great either.
  • Options
    empalas said:

rev#7881 said:

And their track record on things even when they say "looking into it" is not that great either.
    Oh really?! I am more than willing to eat some crow on this one, but my bet is the thread will go unanswered. Then someone, much like myself, will respond to it in December, only to be sent to the lower depths for Necromancy by a moderator, topic closed, and hopefully forgotten. Please prove me wrong.
    wb-cenders.gif