test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hellbringer in mod17

hotlafi#4843 hotlafi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
Hey guys. So mod 17 drops today for Xbox. This question is for the pc players. If I only play a dps lock, should I just retire it and main something else?

Comments

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    If you want to play DPS on your Warlock....The class is the worst class right now. The DPS path was killed when they made Warlocks able to have a healer path. If i'm not wrong there isn't any MMORPG with a DPS/Healer class as top DPS, or at least optimal or viable.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    For me it's not only about dealing top dps, it's also about the gameplay, wich is self punishing all time, not rewarding. Selfbuffs like RI simply don't work, At-Wills suck, Encounter magnitude is lowere than low, the Curse mechanic is annoying to appl and to build/play arround, Encounter reset does not compensate, other classes can do same and better (CW, Hunter), bugs like CD get not addressed since ages, puppet is from no impact, devs ignore any input. Too much for my taste and too much to keep in touch with the game in a hole or spend any money. The focus are recruiting new player, leveling content, gearing up is the game, when you are finished there is no goal left, sitting maybe on a disfavoured class in the end.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    It took me a relatively long time to adjust to the mod 16+ play-style, and I still would not say I love it as much as I did the old Scourge.. But its still my favorite class and even though it is a LOT more work than the other classes I play, I will stick with it. For now..

Do you want to be king of the hill, lay waste to your enemies with few people getting close to your damage output? Right now, Warlock is not the class to play. This is what most will tell you and they are not wrong.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    A maxed warlock at endgame does about 60% damage of a cw in tomm.....outside of all the other garbage issues with hb. That pretty much sums it up mod 17.
  • hotlafi#4843 hotlafi Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Thanks guys. I'll run him through new content but won't spend time and effort upgrading. My first toon since mod 6. For now, he'll wait in the shadows...
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    A DPS with only one DPS path feels like a one-legged class. It's about damage and at least i want my class to be viable and not like this thing that is Warlock actually. I like the playstyle, i used to be Soulbinder/Hellbringer so this new Hellbringer path is fun to play. But i hate the state of this class. When you play alone, you have fun....But in groups..That's other story, i used to pug a lot and when i ran REQ, always the chat comments about -No, a Warlock, we can't success this dungeon- Or that stupid META about being only viable as healer, for someone that plays only Hellbinger and haven't any interest to play SoulWeaver, it's an offense. They should made a third paragon for all classes and depending the class original role they need to have two paths for their role and one for the alternative role. E.g: Warlock: Two DPS paths (AoE-ST) and one for healing. I don't agree with Warlock as healer class, but i can't do nothing against devs decision.
    The best way to kill a DPS class is: Nerf em over and over, make them claim for a support viability at least to be wanted for end game, makes them happy with this role, and they will forget their DPS origins....Make them officially a support class. And with this they can forget about being an optimal DPS again.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by finalfantasyac7 on
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨