test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change Character Message Bug

fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
Frequently this message pops up on the screen:

Change Character
Return to 'Character Selection screen?

If you log out here your character will remain in the world for 30 seconds.

Press A to Log Out Now or B to Cancel

I am not trying to change character and this message pops up at the most inopportune times like loading in to a boss room in Lomm. It also happens going through doors in ME's. Several of my friends have experieced this, and it needs to get fixed. Luckily I've gotten accustomed to pressing B, but if I accidentally log out pressing A it would be very upsetting.

Comments

• xxlaminxxxxlaminxx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Playing the game is a nightmare since Uprising was launched. Loading the game is a nightmare. Changing maps takes minutes to get to it, very often, it became time out. Imagine, the frustration when doing a party quest.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Yup, this happens everywhere. The only commonality I've ever noticed is that it always occurs either after a load screen (loading into dungeon, loading into a section of dungeon, loading into a zone, etc) or after a cutscene (skippable or unskippable doesn't seem to matter).

Highly annoying.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    6Idb6Yu.jpg
    It's the same on PS4. It's really aggravating.

I hate it.
    Kill it!
    Kill it!
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Same bug on PC. Always at boss fights.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Not sure if you're aware of this issue so just tagging you. There are so many little UI issues it's actually getting bad. There's an issue where I try to pull up the Auction House, nothing happens, I try it again, nothing happens, I then call up a vendor and both the vendor and auction house screens pop up simultaneously.

Theres the phantom log out screen issue in this thread.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring this back up with the rest of the team. Thanks!
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    i get this message frequently on ps4 too and most times it is wen im in a me or dungeon an hit the start button (most times) once i hit circle to back out of message i have to hit start again to get off start screen an hit again to get strat screen bck up before it will let me do anythin on start screen after message is backed out of