test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giant mess on PC

andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
Hate to pop my head in over here- but yall might want to check on the state of the PC server right now.
It's a bit scary over here.
Come visit us.

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I have no idea what you're trying to point out
    edited September 2019
    meh. I'm looking forward to mod 17 and I'm looking forward to tomm. and it's things like this that motivate people to actually gear up. lol. it's all good imo. and I have been following the pc side. Lomm was and is WAY too easy. (and unrewarding in the treasure chest as a result)
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    One of the problems is, (and I am by no means making excuses - just pointing this out...) that the needless choice to increase the level cap has created a massive disparity between "Old" content (pre Mod 16) and "New" (Mod16 onward).

Essentially, LOMM and TOMM will eventually be the equivalent of Valindras or even Malabog, in that they will be the "Entry level" content for Level 80. I'm not talking about the next 6 months, or probably even the next year, but the problem is that the New content has to be challenging for existing end gamers, but also somewhat accessible to new players. (Who wants to hit L80 if there's nothing to do once you get there?) At the moment there are a LOT of L80 characters who are in a bit of limbo.

Given how the character creation and building system changed there was absolutely no reason beyond marketing to raise the level cap. And if they hadn't we would be in a much better place. It would have been no problem at all to have characters that are exactly the same at a revised version of L70 as they are at the new L80. Stats, Powers HP... everything could have been as it is now, but it would have allowed all existing L70 content to remain more relevant to all characters, and making new content a continuation of the "HAMSTER gets harder!" progression at end game.

Scaling would never have been an issue. Therefore, they would not have needed to change the make up of Skirmish groups for PC, and we will be getting that mess in a few weeks... so... woo hoo.
    But " WOW!!! We can get to level EIGHTY!!!!!!!!!" seems to make enough people stop thinking about "Yes... that's lovely. But, what does that mean for all the L70 stuff???"

But that glaring error of judgement aside I've got a Cleric alt, and a Pally, and I find that XBox players do seem to "have each others backs" a bit more in that regard, so I'm not as concerned about the RQ issue as I would be if I were on PC.

I do, however, believe that they should remove the group requirement for all Skirmishes and allow people to fail. I failed stuff when I was new, and didn't need a dev induced "Safe Space" version of the content, to avoid melting down. I resolved to get better.
    If people don't learn how NOT to fail, they will grow into baggage characters when they get to higher level.

One of the best parts of playing console is that, while we might have to sit impatiently and wait for weeks or months for new content to drop after it lands on PC, we consequently have our own built-in Beta testers to help iron out the problems so they get sorted faster for us.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And what incentive do those that really don't care about running dungeons or can't due to issues with certain spells in the game have in Mod 17? Once you get the armor pieces you need there is little left for you to do. The grind would be much better if once you finish the questline that they would eliminate the need to run the intelligence recon missions.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

And what incentive do those that really don't care about running dungeons or can't due to issues with certain spells in the game have in Mod 17? Once you get the armor pieces you need there is little left for you to do. The grind would be much better if once you finish the questline that they would eliminate the need to run the intelligence recon missions.

I'd have to fall back on asking the question, "Why is someone playing DUNGEONS and Dragons when they don't care about running dungeons?"
    It's pretty implicit in the title that Dungeons are a big part of the game.

I understand if bugs are preventing someone from participating and would strongly pursue the devs to get such an important thing fixed. But, I've frankly got little to no sympathy for anyone playing this game who complains that "If you don't want to play the Dungeons, what are you supposed to do when you finish the campaign that leads up to the Dungeon?"

Sorry.
    edited September 2019
    while I agree the level cap to 80 and scaling were supremely bad moves, I'm not sure what that has to do with pc blowing up. (which I'm not seeing) that was mod 16 errors not current beef. it's also a ship that long sailed. I'd really like old content to be brought up to level 8o but in the mean time we have lomm which is highly accessible for newer players and we have tomm for end gamers. Lomm is boring and easy with poor rewards and tomm is difficult with excellent rewards.

rn we have ToO which is broken and we just arent' getting on console. (k great won't affect us. will hopefully be fixed before deployment) and we have the queue system changes.. which I'm just whatever about. our population is different from pc. and also just so what.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    I blame Omin for letting Jim slip Lakkar laxatives.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User

I'd have to fall back on asking the question, "Why is someone playing DUNGEONS and Dragons when they don't care about running dungeons?"
    It's pretty implicit in the title that Dungeons are a big part of the game.

I understand if bugs are preventing someone from participating and would strongly pursue the devs to get such an important thing fixed. But, I've frankly got little to no sympathy for anyone playing this game who complains that "If you don't want to play the Dungeons, what are you supposed to do when you finish the campaign that leads up to the Dungeon?"

run dungeon to maybe get some gear so I can run dungeon to maybe get some gear so I can run dungeon to maybe get some gear so I can run dungeon to maybe get some gear so I can run dungeon to maybe get some gear so I can run dungeon to maybe get some gear so I can run dungeon to maybe get some gear etc etc - so on and so forth - world without end - to infinity and beyond...

...not everybody thinks that's fun.
    But if other people like running around in the same circle every day for months on end - three cheers for them

I haven't queued for a dungeon in over a year and find the game all the more enjoyable for it.