test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Insignia's overpriced

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
After TOMM was released the prices of insignia shot up and ever since, the prices are so bad that they are just not worth the investment.

For example all legendary fortitude and brutal insigs are 3mil each and their respective green insignia's are overpriced to the max.

Dominance is a brilliant alternative but that is also overpriced i.e. 1.6mil or so each. Could we perhaps get epic insignias or even green insignias for the above two as rewards for a dungeon? Heck, i wouldn't mind if we could buy them through zen, but we need as much stats as possible for TOMM and insignias forms a huge part of it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Dominance has the right price I think.

The problem is from the green insignias coming from the zen market.
  • Options

Dominance has the right price I think.

The problem is from the green insignias coming from the zen market.

Hmm i wouldn't know about the history of insig prices because i never bothered with them until now. But 1.6mil for 1210power seems awfully a lot when you can buy an R15 with twice as much power for 2.7mil or so.
  • Options
    mutantgunmutantgun Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It's not a ToMM thing, it's as soon as they made the epic insignia's up-gradable. It was one thing trying to find an epic fortitude insignia, but now I need to find commons as well which originally no one wanted because of the low stats as well as the fact that there wasn't any. But now for those wanting to push their IL to the max and get every last bit of stats they can, they need these. It's just an unfortunate side effect of this new system, but as per normal Cryptic fashion, there will be an event or something that will drop these insignia's which will drop the prices, flood the market and tilt those who spent Millions of AD to get their green insignia's.

PS: @sobi#1980 if you want one of those 3M fortitude insignia's send me a PM on discord as I'm selling them XD I just added those prices at the hope someone takes them, but I'm more than willing to trade for a lower price.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    More of a lack of them dropping in game in general drives the prices up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    kors#9447 said:

I would like a real free to play game...
    Would be great to have Preservation Wards and Epic Insignias, as well as Marks and Enchantments (at least rank 10), as a rewards from dungeons.

But it's only a dream :p

It's called preview server ;)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Unless you have everything BiS and that includes all the character you care about, don't buy anything that has seriously bad price/performance ratio. Always needs to think about the opportunity cost. For me, even if I have all the characters BiS, I would not spend 1 million for 1K power.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    It's market forces, supply and demand. The ability to refine 8/4/2 (where 1 of the 2 is the refining target) is a nice addition to the game. And with current market prices, insignia are in high demand. Therefore high prices. The 10% selling commission is a great way to drain AD from the economy given those prices.

But if nobody buys them then the prices will drop, because people selling them will reduce their price.

By the way, where do we get purple insignia? Haven't had any drop that I remember.
  • Options

By the way, where do we get purple insignia? Haven't had any drop that I remember.

lockbox.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

Check the epic insignia pack on AH.

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    There is no such thing as 'overpriced'.. in mmorpg's you see the supply and demand market forces in play with no restrictions.

However I agree they are expensive and should not be the first thing you upgrade to.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @mentinmindmaker is correct.

What you are seeing is the inflation I and others here predicted back when they raise the cap on trading AD for Zen. People need more of your AD to buy their precious VIP for free (750,000 AD). The prices are reflecting the demand from the 250 AD increase in the cap. Back in the Spring of this year, I could buy epic mounts for under 130K now a good price on a epic mount is under 200K. You see this is the cost of raising the cap, inflation drives demand for more AD and less supply from players buying VIP. There you have it.

The whales are telling you to go grind AD for them, get to work if you want your precious Zen!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    Been saying this for several mods, in tougher dungeons the bosses should drop epic insignias instead of rare and they should be BtA.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ofcourse the game wants some sort of revenue coming from insignias but currently they are so overpriced that other than the big wales i.e. 0.0001% of population, anyone else would be mad to even consider buying it. You don't really need the dominance for TOMM but if you are non-meta dps, they sure are helpful.

They should do a sale to decrease their price because they will sell due to the demand.
    Post edited by sobi#1980 on
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Just ignore those insignia, new leg rings and everything else that cost absurd amounts of AD, otherwise you will feel sorry about buying them in 2 mods+.... Except you have too much AD, money or call yourself a "IL junkie"
  • Options
    johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Its all about how BIS you want to get. The increase to Leg is not 1.2k, its about 6000 (assuming you have the cheaper epic versions).

You increase your power first maxing runestones, enchantements, companions, then when you have all that done and your other stats are capped start upgrading your epic to leg.

Or dont, but if you are fully capped on everything else and dont plan on running multiple toons, what do you have to lose?
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Its all about how BIS you want to get. The increase to Leg is not 1.2k, its about 6000 (assuming you have the cheaper epic versions).

You increase your power first maxing runestones, enchantements, companions, then when you have all that done and your other stats are capped start upgrading your epic to leg.

Or dont, but if you are fully capped on everything else and dont plan on running multiple toons, what do you have to lose?

Future unless your pool of AD will never be empty.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Greens and Blues anyone can farm. Epics are nearly impossible to get unless you're geared for end-game. And if you're already geared for end-game - you don't need them except to auction. Just another frustrating ring around the rosy for growing characters.
  • Options

Greens and Blues anyone can farm. Epics are nearly impossible to get unless you're geared for end-game. And if you're already geared for end-game - you don't need them except to auction. Just another frustrating ring around the rosy for growing characters.

Epic from lockbox.
  • Options
    It's been months since I got an insignia pack from a lockbox.
    But I generally have rotten luck with those.
  • Options
    GUys i am at 160k power, tbh if i do the maths, insig cost me cheaper for the amount of power they give me than upgrading my remaining r13 enchants.
  • Options

...advice is for newer players and strictly FTP players.
    4) Pets.
    Cheap. Read the guides and focus on pets ideal for your class. Don't worry about purple yet. Save up for the right blue pets for your class and you will be fine.
    5) Mounts.
    One blue is enough to start. Legendary is crazy expensive, save that for later. Get a blue mount with the mount stats (power, HP, crit ect.) that your toon needs.

I would add to this - consider qeueing directly for content that gives you a chance at free companions and mounts. If you can't use it, you can always auction it off.

But the main reason I'd like to rank up my purples is to free up a little inventory space. All my characters' packs and banks are brimming with greens and blues. Be nice just to be done with them.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    @dread4moor green insignias aren't nearly free especially for dom brut (dom brut, the champagne of insignias.. wonder if they did that on purpose) lol. they're more expensive than epic. the sweet spot is blue. unless you're farming nodes of course.. but blues are so cheap..
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    one word described those players sell overpriced items, "Greed"
  • Options
    some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

GUys i am at 160k power, tbh if i do the maths, insig cost me cheaper for the amount of power they give me than upgrading my remaining r13 enchants.

Ummm....do Legacy Weeklies and upgrade them for the cost of wards (much less than the cost of power insignias).
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User

sobi#1980 said:

Ummm....do Legacy Weeklies and upgrade them for the cost of wards (much less than the cost of power insignias).
    In fact, for "free", no cost at all, only patience.

You can have free wards from praying (celestial coins => celestial chests). Especially when you are getting some extra toons (praying alt army). Ex: with 12 toons, if you are able to go through all the prayers everyday on everyone, you earn around 2 coalescent seals + 20 preservation seals / month.