test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOMM Invisible Ice Bug

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
TOMM Ice Bug:

Sometimes when the whiteout attack happens, no ice appears at all and everyone gets nuked. One of the times this happened, someone dropped dead suddenly when they didn't have 5 res stacks. This was permadeath and they couldn't be resurrected. It seemed like there must have been ice on the person but nobody could see it for some reason, including the person who dropped dead.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC
Tagged:

Comments

• sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    It has happened to me where i got hit my whiteout even when i was clearly behind the ice. Not exactly the same situation as you described though.
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    It happened to me too
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    This happens when someone has died during the ground to cloud/disintegration wave/death from above phase and doesn't resurrect quickly enough. The game has already chosen who will be permafrosted, but cannot apply it because they are in the near death state. Though I agree it needs to be fixed (by changing when the target is selected), a workaround until that time would be to resurrect as soon as possible if you have been downed during the preceding phase.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

It has happened to me where i got hit my whiteout even when i was clearly behind the ice. Not exactly the same situation as you described though.

The mechanics for being behind anything are historically buggy.

For the ice, best ways to reduce your chance of dieing is to be right up against the ice and behind it with the boss on other side of ice. If you get a row of ice to spawn, stand behind the one that is behind all the other pieces of ice, being behind multiple pieces of ice will reduce your odds of getting hit.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC