test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not receiving Tokens of Heroes

tomatotgotchitomatotgotchi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
My last thread of this subject was incorrectly merged with PC bug reports and will get very confusing, so reposting for visibility. This is a CONSOLE issue, it seems.

So CTA: Garrundar the Vile just went live on Xbox 30 minutes ago. I completed 10 skirmishes and didn't get a token. So I completed another two and I still don't have one. It says 12/10 in the tracker but I only have the same 3 tokens I got from orc assault. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? Has anyone else done 10 yet?

Comments

• foxydoe#9612 foxydoe Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I didn't get one either. I had my 3 stars from the previous CTA and did my 10 rounds for the current one for the token, buy it did not appear.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    This bug was around for previous CTAs.

It's easy to see that someone has reverted at some point and brought this annoying bug back.

Kudos. Ladies and gentlemen, please give them all a round of applause for another job well....done.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yup I don't have it. seeing reports in my guild and alliance of it. also the stuff on the ground doesn't auto pick up.
  • mintbabymintbaby Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Correct. I completed 10 skirmishes on 3 different rooms to no avail. Hopefully they can track down the issue before we lose another day. I wonder if they will tell us when it is fixed?

As an aside, and on a happier note, I drew the mini pet Garrundar on 2 of those toons... XD
  • trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Still not received the token of heroes, 22/10.
  • spitfire#8764 spitfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also completed 10 skirmishes on PS4 with one of my characters (named Fury). I didn't get a token for the completion. Is there any way to get the token that I was supposed to have earned today?

Still not received the token of heroes, 22/10.

I think the way they normally do this is you are SOL on the one you s hould have earned but they extend it by a day or 2 depending on fix
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    I too have not received the token of heroes after doing my 10 runs on my warlock. Gonna run my Wiz n cleric to see if I can get it on them.
  • jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Is there something in the works to hotfix this? Seems to be on both consoles. Have not heard from anyone on Xbox that has received the token upon completion of 10 runs of CTA: Garrundar the Vile
  • atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Devs take note: this may mean that Tales of Old is broken next week, if left in its current state. That's what happened when PC had this issue with CTA.
    edited August 2019
    jobu808 said:

@nitocris83 Is there something in the works to hotfix this? Seems to be on both consoles. Have not heard from anyone on Xbox that has received the token upon completion of 10 runs of CTA: Garrundar the Vile

seems like it's 50/50 in my alliance if you're getting token or not. and nitocris is out on leave.

I too have not received the token of heroes after doing my 10 runs on my warlock. Gonna run my Wiz n cleric to see if I can get it on them.

I wouldn't do that unless you're farming the refine boxes anyway. I havent heard of anyone getting it on other toons when they don't get it on another.
  • tomatotgotchitomatotgotchi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > (Quote)
    > I wouldn't do that unless you're farming the refine boxes anyway. I havent heard of anyone getting it on other toons when they don't get it on another.

So just for testing, I ran 10 on a toon that has not participated this season. Didn't do anything different (other than this toon has 0 tokens initially and no other CTA rewards). This toon received the token of heroes. I have not tried it on any other toon that has previously earned tokens or rewards because I don't really want to waste my time. Maybe this will help sort it, though.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I got tokens for five characters who only had two tokens to begin with.
    I did not get a token for the character who had nine going into the event.
    PS4
    > @frogwalloper#6494 said:
    > I got tokens for five characters who only had two tokens to begin with.
    > I did not get a token for the character who had nine going into the event.
    > PS4

Pooling your experience and mine, perhaps the bug happens if you already have 3+ tokens from previous events, but you can earn them if you have two or less. Will be interesting yo see if you get one tomorrow, so please update.

Has anyone in here heard of someone getting a token that already had 3+? Just trying to help the devs narrow it down.
    I think they know what the issue is already this has happened before.
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > (Quote)
    > seems like it's 50/50 in my alliance if you're getting token or not. and nitocris is out on leave.

Ya at the time of writing I hadn't heard anyone that got it yet. I have heard of a few people now. I stopped at 9 on a couple of my toons cuz I was heading out for a few hours.

Ahh well in the leave part, just figured I'd tag someone 😂
    oh good strategy to just do 9 does it clear over night?
    edited August 2019
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > oh good strategy to just do 9 does it clear over night?

I'm not sure, kinda always just did my 10. I stopped at 9 after a few guild members said they didn't get the token. Not sure if I'll do the 10th tonight or not. If I don't then I guess I'll find out after reset.
  • nativerock9015#2463 nativerock9015 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Update

So 1 of my toons got the token but the other 3 didn't. I also ran my nephews toon for him .....he received the token. All of the toons have run all of this yrs CTA events. Others in alliance haven't got any at all.
  • jackhyde#1057 jackhyde Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Neither on my toons has received the token. Filed a ticket with arc, we'll see where that goes
  • hypatia101hypatia101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue, playing on ps4, 15 cta runs and no token. I have 3 from the prevoius CTA. Any info from the devs on when and how a fix is coming? Made a ticket as well.
    > @hypatia101 said:
    > Same issue, playing on ps4, 15 cta runs and no token. I have 3 from the prevoius CTA. Any info from the devs on when and how a fix is coming? Made a ticket as well.

No reply or even an acknowledgement from the devs, no. PC apparently had their own issues so they haven't even glanced at console yet. I doubt we hear anything until tomorrow at the earliest.
  • whereforarthouwhereforarthou Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same issue here, ps4
  • jackhyde#1057 jackhyde Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Ran it on a third toon, got it on her all three toons already had three tokens from a previous cta. So the glitch is completely random?
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @spitfire#8764 said:
    > I also completed 10 skirmishes on PS4 with one of my characters (named Fury). I didn't get a token for the completion. Is there any way to get the token that I was supposed to have earned today?

No...
  • mintbabymintbaby Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It started working for me after one of my guild mates mentioned he received his token. So when I tried it again I also received my token... But now I see they postponed it.... Well, when you start it again can you make it so we don't have to pick up every piece of loot? :)
    They pulled the event and pushed it back. We have coins of waukeen now.