test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Repentant Cultist Key

I have been trying to get this key ever since I started playing this game in 2015 and on multiple toons. As I understood it, I needed to do the 3 dungeon areas in the Well of Dragons on the same day. The cult prison, the drake den and the Thayan enclave area. Am I wrong in this?

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I honestly have no idea how to get the key at all :/ I think it's a companion character, but not sure really.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    It's a random drop. Afaik
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

100% RNG and 100% rare drop. I got one years ago. A buddy of mine got one to drop a few weeks back. I rarely hear about anyone getting them to drop.

If you're farming it, the key drops on the ground and can be hard to see so always scour the area around where the boss dies. Then you take the key and open the cell with it to get the comp.

Also, I've only heard about people getting the key from the drake den (i think this is the one by White Dragon during dragon run). I've never heard of it dropping in Thayan but as I said it's rare.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

100% RNG and 100% rare drop. I got one years ago. A buddy of mine got one to drop a few weeks back. I rarely hear about anyone getting them to drop.

If you're farming it, the key drops on the ground and can be hard to see so always scour the area around where the boss dies. Then you take the key and open the cell with it to get the comp.

Also, I've only heard about people getting the key from the drake den (i think this is the one by White Dragon during dragon run). I've never heard of it dropping in Thayan but as I said it's rare.
    I've recieved 2 over the years, both from the prison.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    since we're on this topic I've tried farming it but the quests don't pop up every day so I end up forgetting about it. anyone know what days teh lair quests pop in well of dragons?
  • Options
    malgiliath#4202 malgiliath Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    What you need to do is have all three dungeon quests.
    Run the first two to completion.
    The third one though is the long one.
    If the key does not drop, quit the dungeon and run again, do not complete it.
    Time scale for this is a good seven hour grind because of the drop rate.

Two of my friends spent about that time grinding for it.

Hope this helps