test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voninblod & Black Ice: Give us new ways to use them.

I am aware that Black Ice Crafting was once a thing in this game which was eventually removed. However, while running the Legacy Campaign Weekly, I'm getting a lot of Voninblod and Black Ice. And so, if players are expected to continue running missions in Icewind dale, may I make this suggestion?

Give us new ways to use Voninblod and Black Ice.

Imagine if there was a way to craft an "Empowerment Slot" to add to rings, main-hand/off-hand, and armor so we all could use Voninblod/Black Ice to empower any weapon and armor we choose... including future weapons and armor?

Or perhaps let us craft an actual Mod 17-worthy Black Ice Golem companion?

Or how about crafting Mod 17-worthy Voninblod/Black Ice mount Insignias?

At the moment, existing armors designed to use Voninblod and Black Ice aren't worth replacing the current Mod 16 & 17 gear. But having so much Voninblod and Black Ice in my bags also seems like such a waste. Please consider giving players something that will make Voninblod and Black Ice relevant to current (and future) game-play.
"Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    You still can use black ice to make Black Ice enchantment for your overload slots.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Voninblood u can use on keys or on overload enchantments.
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    how do you make the black ice enchantments for overload slots?
    edited August 2019

how do you make the black ice enchantments for overload slots?

Go to CK. Go up the stairs to the Black Ice mining cave area. Talk to someone there.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Note: I am not suggesting Overload Enchantments but crafting and adding a container to allow newer mods' weapons and armor to be "charged" with Voninblod and Refined Black Ice exactly like how the older gear could be "charged". (Helms, Neck, Chest, Belt, Wrists, Boots, Shirt, Pants, Rings, Main-hand, Off-hand)
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Note: I am not suggesting Overload Enchantments but crafting and adding a container to allow newer mods' weapons and armor to be "charged" with Voninblod and Refined Black Ice exactly like how the older gear could be "charged". (Helms, Neck, Chest, Belt, Wrists, Boots, Shirt, Pants, Rings, Main-hand, Off-hand)

No. No more "charging" things.

Nooooooooooo! That was one of the most complained/hated "feature".
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    I wasn't aware that anybody had a problem charging gear. I just thought it was like obtaining a timed buff to give oneself that extra little Oomph in a battle. I guess I'll just have to lug this HAMSTER around in my bags.

I wasn't aware that anybody had a problem charging gear. I just thought it was like obtaining a timed buff to give oneself that extra little Oomph in a battle. I guess I'll just have to lug this HAMSTER around in my bags.

Just think about the amount of work you need to do to maintain the 'buff'. You can't just buy black ice from AH. You need to farm it. Farming black ice and V-blood is a very boring and frustrating activities. You may see it is "easy: right now. When everybody needs it and everybody are farming it, you will change your view.