test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tanking, shield mechanic suggestion

jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hi! I mainly play ps4, but since the ps4 page doesn't have a general feedback page i post here.
My tank is a paladin and i feel that with how important using your shield has become the mechanic needs some fine tuning. I'm not sure how it is on pc, but on ps4 you use your tumbstick to toggle the shield on and off. Having the shield as a toggle function is really clunky and having it on a tumbstick makes it even worse. Add to this that when you run out of stamina your shield goes down but you cant toggle it off, so when stamina comes back, your shield comes back up and messes stuff up.

I sugest making the shield "hold in to use" function and letting us map it to a key/button of our choice.

Sry for posting my ps4 peasant thoughts in the pc forums xD

Ty // Jacob

Comments

• Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Your suggestion is how the PC version works exactly.

Personally, I rarely use shield/block. The TAB power is good enough for me (with the feat, it blocks 75% of damage & cancels most control powers). The TAB power is clunky, however... it lights up buttons and gives inconsistent visual feedback so you never really know if you activated it or when it expires. (forces player to hit it multiple times to ensure that it was hit and hit it again multiple times frequently cause you never know if its active or not)

I use the TAB power before activating the 2 second hold encounter skill to prevent being stunned (works with most enemies), while in mobs, and before large AoE strikes against my party in order to activate 20 magnitude damage reflection.