test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 17: The good and, well.. the rest

13»

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Well, if it comes down to that, IMO all mob and encounter design since mod 11 has been poor. Mod 16 went further and messed up the earlier mobs as well. Too much CC from mobs as well as simply increasing the number of mobs in a pack has always felt lazy to me.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    to compare my warlock that was made in last Nov, pre-16 mod, went no trouble and survive easy.
    just for few days since mod 17, i started new alt as Gith, as rouge, 1st level to 15th levels went almost as smooth, it got harder and harder from 16, currently 24 level, survival had become so hardcore and most hated.

serious flaw i noticed, if that was very first character to play without any main alts will going quit playing NWO if they knew no one or not get in group, playing solo had become frustrated if they cant get any help, lack of Astral Diamonds to be able to get upgrades or buy from AH, in original NWO format we had it easier with enchants dropping earlier, early as 10th level, these refining crystals are they are the jokes and completely "OUTGROWNED" by 20th level, scaling for new low level players doesnt match correctly with mobs they faced. white pearls are suppose to kick in by 20th, still getting 1 point crystals and should phase out. and white pearls are suppose to phase out by the time we reach 40, completely.
    as 80 level we shouldnt be getting green tier gem trash. totally outgrown and waste of bag inventory slots. unless clean up by removing "bound/non-bounds" stacks that most players are so sick of it.

i see Mod 17 as downgraded and heavy nerfed. all it just does, changed the fashion appearances and new race to play, doesnt seem enough.
    edited August 2019
    oops, forgot part, those 16 to 25 levels are tough without help of getting astral diamonds and other means to survive better, i hadnt seen any 2nd or 3rd tier enchants that was needed. so much was taken away.
    once they get to 25th level, boons started to open up
  • planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I agree; currently lvl 24 ranger (Wild Elf), started after release of Mod 17.
    The only thing I did not yet experience is diccifulty to survive; my character appears pretty powerful compared with my Mod 16 warlock at that level. But then, I got the account-wide warlock artifact which boosts the ranger a bit, otherwise things might get harder. She's still insanely tough though.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User

The only thing I did not yet experience is diccifulty to survive; my character appears pretty powerful compared with my Mod 16 warlock at that level. But then, I got the account-wide warlock artifact which boosts the ranger a bit, otherwise things might get harder. She's still insanely tough though.

What artifact is that?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

What artifact is that?
    I suppose it would be the warlock class artifact (Sigil of the Warlock) from

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/The_Vault_of_the_Nine
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User

What artifact is that?

I have that artifact, but I never looked into how it works for other characters. Can other classes use it via reclaim button? (I only have one character.)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited August 2019
    Exactly. It gives this lowlevel character a bit of a bonus over my first one, yet still it feels like the ranger just coughs at an opponent and they die. :)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

What artifact is that?

I have that artifact, but I never looked into how it works for other characters. Can other classes use it via reclaim button? (I only have one character.)
    Every character you have and you will have can claim the class artifact(s) you acquired.
    In the old day, the one that everyone would get is the one from DC. People would make a DC character for the sole purpose to get that artifact.
    A new character has only one artifact slot open. Putting anything to that slot is an instant upgrade.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Could you guys ( @wylonus and @planestrider ) maybe give an idea of specific content/challenge that you are running with your new characters at level 24 (ish)?

That seems quite a disparity between "survival is so hard I hate it" and "insanely tough, cough on things and they die". Maybe that is a rogue/range balance issue but it could also be do to running significantly different content.
    Basically following the quest. Once I entered random queue with the ranger; back then at lvl 12, she went through Cloak Tower like a knife through butter. Later when I needed Cloak Tower for the quest (around lvl 16) just as well, not only due to the rest of the group. I remember that my warlock, in comparison, felt like not doing any damage at all (while still able to survive in Tower District, but it wasn't child's play, which it is with the ranger).
    Soloed everything but the two dungeons / the orc skirmish.

Another comparison: The warlock needed to try at least three times until she won over the Nasher boss at the end of Blacklake, while the ranger downed him with one daily, three or four encounter hits, and a few more shots. That's more of a difference than some more experience in playing the game. As for healing: No potions used at all by the ranger, some used with the warlock.
    Cloak Tower bosses almost had me sent to campfire, last one i fought and i had just 1 health left, if i had been hit crit, that was done for my rouge.
    not able to earn astral as early and would had bought current level gears, in old days pre mod 6, we were able to buy armor peices, until they nerfed the game on Mod 6 which would killed for any newer players by this mod 17, lucky for me i have alts to cover.
    just wanted to see how much differs pre-mod 16 compared to newer nerfage.
    they will face so much frustrations without anyone helping or had several alts to supporting if they are playing 1st character, may not find group at right times. devs really need to look at pre-mod 6 when original characters get astral diamonds by invokings, and now they dont exist with invokings, and they need help badly.
    now they cant do much until level 25 or later when they finally get astrals.

my suggestion to help any starting new players playing first main character, they need 5th level giftbox with small amount of astrals, then next gift base on level they earned, get slightly bigger amounts until level 25. all they get was healing kits and crappy stuffs, and they need some gears to match progressions.