test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drufi's Hypothermia Continues to Proc After it Should Be Finished

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
When Drufi puts Hypothermia on a character, it is telegraphed by the blinking arrows. The mechanic here is that you are supposed to huddle. However, the Hypothermia continues to proc even after the initial proc, and hits as if you are not huddled:

Pictured at the top part of the Combat Log, It dealt 24419, 21701 and 30708 damage when I was huddled with another character. Usually this is where the damage should end (as it did in Mod 15).

However, Hypothermia then continues to proc another 5 times in the space of 1-2 seconds for 95803 damage each = 479015 damage until I died (it could proc for possibly for more tics, but I wasn't able to survive that damage even with healing + Swarm of Creation Shield). The funny thing is, I was still huddled with my team member, but it hit as if I were isolated.
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    thanks for reporting!
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Knowing it has now been a month that this was reported and replied to I have to ask is there any news on when this issue will be fixed?
    Do not mean to sound harsh but the fact that we are forced to run old dungeons it would be nice to have this fixed so that I can once again enjoy running this dungeon.
    I have put off trying the dungeon over this issue and it seems that you guys have not figured out how to fix it or what not even commented on when a fix for this will be ready.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This bug has created many bad behavior among the player throughout its time. People have been kicked from the instance for not hugging, quarrelling between party member on who is right, people raging because group are not hugging etc etc. Although people started to find out that its a bug, still... Please fix.
    My only issue with this bug is that fangbreaker island was enjoyable during mod 15 and previous but now to get a win you have to suck it up and take a death and hope to get res or use mass scrolls.
    Its been this way for months now and to be fair I sorta want to demand a fix because really to be fair it wasnt broken until the dev's broke it.
    The dungeon was awesome and now i avoid it at all cost its a bit upsetting.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    @nitrocris you thanked the poster over a month ago and have not updated us since. Seems like there has been more than enough time to fix the problem (its been there since mod dropped). Any word at all?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

@nitrocris you thanked the poster over a month ago and have not updated us since. Seems like there has been more than enough time to fix the problem (its been there since mod dropped). Any word at all?

The issue was reported on June 5th but it is still under investigation so there are no updates at the moment.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Its now august...month after month is ticking by and still no updates. This bug is an autokill for a single individual unless they are a super hp buffed tank WITH top notch spam healing to boot. please take this more seriously. If I still had not fixed a particular problem at my job, my boss would have me do my own write up and create a detailed action plan on what the problem is, where it is located and how long it will take to fix. I hope you are doing something similar.
    The funny thing about this bug is the fact it was present during all of mod 16 and now its still present in mod 17 and no word from the cryptic team on any updates in regards to this issue.
    I do get that there might not be any real info to state but looking back the last time any member of cryptic ever posted to this issue was july 8th.
    I dont mean to become harsh but I mean you guys could not take the time to fix a bug of this nature before releasing a new mod? Then to make matters worse not reply to the topic to say anything about it in a few months.
    Really to be fair this isnt how a company should handle such things.