test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulweaver Warlock

First I am going to start with a unpopular opinion, this is the funnest healing class I have played in an mmo for a long time. I like the theme, and feel of the class. That said it is the first pass and needs some help to be up to par with the other two healing classes.

First I really like the feat Life Bind---- Unfortunately it is a death sentence when a big AoE hits.
Second Soul Puppet--- As a healer I never use an ability that can summon one...
Vampiric Embrace---- Way to weak....
Warlock's Bargain---- I actually am fine with the way this power works when it works. I have used it to cleanse myself in a master Ex and it does
nothing, am I out of line of sight of myself, or to far out of range of myself?
Wrath's shadow---- I almost never use just feels way to weak

So somethings that I think would help.
Life bind could have a 10% hit point increase? Things mention below would also help.

Either replace soul puppet with another mechanic, or make the soul puppet permanent altered. Replace the soul investiture with a life bind effect with the soulweaver. This would help to stabilize the Life Bind feat, so as not to be instant death. Maybe an effect that anytime the soulweaver would take enough damage to kill the warlock, but not the soul puppet. The soul puppet dies and heals the warlock to 10% of max health. The soul puppet cannot respawn from this type of death for 30 seconds. Whereas if the soul puppet dies from damage to itself it respawns in 10 seconds.

Vampiric embrace-- Compared to Bloodletter`is laughable. On my barbarian I can heal for a lot more and do more damage, this makes no sense. Increase Vampiric Embrace magnitude (No I am still going to say keep damage lower then bloodletter) to 400, Heal at 50% for hellbringer 75% for soulweaver keep the consume curse as is (possibly an increase for soulweaver. as an added effect grants 1 soul spark. being able to give our selves temp hit points would also help to mitigate Life Bind damage. (Side note Thief of life feat could also be used to increase the heal and temp hit points from VE)

Warlock's Bargain- just make sure it works. If I cast it I should always be cleansed. maybe extend duration of outgoing heal increase 5 seconds does seem a tad short, you do sacrifice 10% of your life after all.

Wrath's shadow--Could be stackable x3. When hit by your at will attacks spreads to a nearby enemy. Reduces damage the target can deal by 5%. Not saying all of these just throwing out ideas.

Now for another problem that occurs. Fights where there are no enemies to attack to regain soul sparks... We get to the point where there is no way to heal. If the phase is short enough it can be managed with skillful playing. Make sure to cap up soul sparks right before phase. Even this can not be enough.
One idea I had is that if you go with the permanent soul puppet, if we are out of soul sparks, any heal we do takes 10% of soul puppets health per soul spark used.
Possibly a mechanic where if we are out of soul sparks we can sacrifice 5% of our health per soul spark in the cost to cast a heal.
One other idea that I am sure people will not like. if there is no enemy target-able our essence defiler and essence drain may be used on our allies.

Comments

• orland1norland1n Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    "Now for another problem that occurs. Fights where there are no enemies to attack to regain soul sparks... We get to the point where there is no way to heal."

Really the biggest problem is soul spark, especially in boss when stunned, you can't reload souls park if you can't hit
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    This is addressed in Mod 17 where you can sacrifice some of your own HP for sparks.

For Mod 16, you can use the Immolation Spirits to give you some sparks (passive, they don't need to hit anything).
    You can also drop a Pinata to give you something to hit too.