test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Pvp Map / Spoiler New Upcoming Pvp Event Announced !

kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
edited August 2019 in PvP Discussion
+1

"PvP matches are currently granting less Glory than intended. The amount of Glory given will be increased in a future patch as part of a larger plan relating to a PvP-focused event"

"Pvp focused event" hmmm Whats this ? : D *Rubs hands Together* : D

nice Spoiler : D

I thought (according to the devs/reason given for years. ) we could not have a Pvp map and event unless class balancing was done ?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1251024/uprising-launch-week-bugs

Pvp Map announced ..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11200553

What Else should happen Given the current state of the game ?..Is this the Pvp revival we expected ?
Post edited by kalina311 on

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/bzy5ei/we_are_the_the_neverwinter_systems_team_ask_us/

Question ?

Are there any plans to make some new PVP maps? Running the same 4 over and over again is getting boring, some new scenery would be nice. Are there any plans on making new PVP gear that is actually more viable then PVE gear? Since the removal of tenacity it's been more beneficial to wear PVE gear and to avoid using PVP gear at all. I know you guys are probably sick of hearing about it but do you have any plans to revive the combat league?

NoworriesDev dev responds

there is a no and two yes as answers, as to which is which, the future will tell
    edited August 2019
    'there is a no and two yes as answers, as to which is which, the future will tell"
    so pvp map ..yes ....so that leaves either gear or combat league ....

Update : there is a combat league of sorts announced ..
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Imo they need to do the following 3 things right now for PvP to be better

2. They need to reinstate the tenacity buff: player deal less damage, less crit severity and less armor pen, also healing depression, the values of each should be set based on the roles: tank, dps and healer.

Tenacity itself is dead and gone ... and needs to stay that way. Requiring people to have special gear or stats for PvP is a good way to keep people OUT of PvP, not to get new people into it.

Now, with that said, they really do need to rework powers to have a PvP and a PvE effect ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader

> @kiraskytower said:

> Imo they need to do the following 3 things right now for PvP to be better

>

>

> 2. They need to reinstate the tenacity buff: player deal less damage, less crit severity and less armor pen, also healing depression, the values of each should be set based on the roles: tank, dps and healer.

>

>

>

> Tenacity itself is dead and gone ... and needs to stay that way. Requiring people to have special gear or stats for PvP is a good way to keep people OUT of PvP, not to get new people into it.

>

> Now, with that said, they really do need to rework powers to have a PvP and a PvE effect ...

You really do not know what you are talkin about, the tenacity was removed as a stat, but was kept as a buff, in mod 16 its still shown as a buff, but its not working. We need tenacity buff to work once again and it should have different values for different roles: tank, healer and dps as for reworkin pvp and pve powers there is no need for that anymore, in the new class system that came with m16 i believe classes powers are in a better state than mod 15. So workin into separating these powers is pointless.

Tenacity was always a band-aid meant to fix the fact that they could not balance powers for PvP and PvE. Back when power creep had pushed damage through the roof and monsters hit points into the millions, you needed it or the average PvPer just went *splat*. Sure, now the powers are more balanced and designed for fighting monsters who (ironically) mostly have fewer hit points than other players. But that doesn't mean it's perfect ... nor does it mean it's OK to have one set of powers. A power that disables a monster for 10 seconds is hardly overbalanced in PvE ... in PvP, powers like that are pretty much instant fight winners.

As for the buff "working" ... caps on things are far lower now. A buff that adds 40% damage resistance? OK .. maybe that made sense in Mod 15 ... bit it's silly now with the damage resistance cap at 50%. Now we have contested scores to even things out. Crit avoidance so we (in theory) no longer need the crit flattening. No more life steal so we no longer need the healing depression ... you get the picture. That's not to say some powers are not overpowered or that healing and survivability has gotten too good, but under the contested system you should not need the extra buffs from tenacity to make things "fair".
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Doesn't matter what they do until tank classes and clerics get a pvp nerf and barbarians get a well deserved buff. I literally cant catch anyone with my stamina and hit less then fighters with half my stats. For god sakes sentinels with 50k power while I have 85k do more then I do right now.

Doesn't matter what they do until tank classes and clerics get a pvp nerf and barbarians get a well deserved buff. I literally cant catch anyone with my stamina and hit less then fighters with half my stats. For god sakes sentinels with 50k power while I have 85k do more then I do right now.

But in Mod 16 Barbarians ARE a tank class .... (*Runs like crazy to get past the 50 feet a barbarian can actually run before anyone reads her comment*).
    hmm ya just had a look at some of the pvp gear on preview ..very interesting to say the least some of the bonuses ...

However some of the gear requires years of pvp dailies to save up for tokens to get a complete set seems a bit off

I have not weighed the pro on cons of the pvp set bonus yet to determine broken or problematic combos
    edited July 2019
    @barbie

Hmm interested in learning more about this level 1000 "combat league" and its rewards has any one seen/ tried this yet

also harder to test stuff with max boons when guilds were wiped right off the preview server

i see l gear purchasable with ads that is item level nothing for pve but level 960 when worn in pvp but i dont see how this equates to scaling level to 1000 being imposed in any sort of tournament match
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    > @jonkoca said:
    > Today I met a pally in IWD with 700k HP. Tbh, unless they just make pvp fairly vanilla again I don't see the point any more.

This literally made me laugh.
    Problem with the new map is the holes in it. So dps, cws and fighters will even more op knocking people around into said holes. I think these developers hate barbarians and warlocks lol.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Guess I'll gear up my cw lol. The spike pits in guantgrym were always a source of much hilarity.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    The best part is pulling a toon to fight on the bridge and hop off when your team mate flips the switch.

Trent, can't you bump someone into the pits? I can root them and you punt them.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    > @teucer#3019 said:
    > The best part is pulling a toon to fight on the bridge and hop off when your team mate flips the switch.
    >
    > Trent, can't you bump someone into the pits? I can root them and you punt them.

No the daily that I used to use to uppercut people is only a fightet daily no and none of my encounters push people. Unless I decide to suicide and use savage advance and fall off with them.
  • faerbot1#2720 faerbot1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

> @kiraskytower said:

> Imo they need to do the following 3 things right now for PvP to be better

>

>

> 2. They need to reinstate the tenacity buff: player deal less damage, less crit severity and less armor pen, also healing depression, the values of each should be set based on the roles: tank, dps and healer.

>

>

>

> Tenacity itself is dead and gone ... and needs to stay that way. Requiring people to have special gear or stats for PvP is a good way to keep people OUT of PvP, not to get new people into it.

>

> Now, with that said, they really do need to rework powers to have a PvP and a PvE effect ...

You really do not know what you are talkin about, the tenacity was removed as a stat, but was kept as a buff, in mod 16 its still shown as a buff, but its not working. We need tenacity buff to work once again and it should have different values for different roles: tank, healer and dps as for reworkin pvp and pve powers there is no need for that anymore, in the new class system that came with m16 i believe classes powers are in a better state than mod 15. So workin into separating these powers is pointless.

So to get this straight, you want to make an already too complex equation more complicated? This is why devs are always confused, they try to listen to the player-base. THERE WILL BE NO FUN IN NW PVP. Any competitive PVP player has already left, the only PVPers left are the ones that think gear makes them good players. Tiered queues will not work because these same players will min/max a toon just to queue against weaker players. If tenacity is not working and few bis players die, then activating it would exacerbate the problem (I cannot confirm this as I haven't played since January or so).
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    If you haven't played since Jan then please STFU. Devs are confused not because they listened to player base. Devs are confused because they listened to tards like you who have quit the game but continue to HAMSTER in the forum.
    edited August 2019
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1251024/uprising-launch-week-bugs

"PvP matches are currently granting less Glory than intended. The amount of Glory given will be increased in a future patch as part of a larger plan relating to a PvP-focused event"

going to be very interesting to see how this plays out / specially since they may be bug fixing / altering some classes soon /also wondering about what rules will be setup / leader board / enchantment scaling etc