test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't decline artisan applications: Stuck in tutorial mode.

joegrimjoegrim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I have been unable to decline applicants on one of my 3 characters (the other two can decline just fine). Even though my workshop is level 2, the game will not allow me to exit tutorial mode for the workshop.

https://imgur.com/a/IKycyap

How do I end this frustration?
Tagged:

Comments

• hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Have you clicked on the green tutorial box to clear it?
  • joegrimjoegrim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Clicking on the tutorial box has no effect. Nothing i have tried will make it go away or enable use of the decline button.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    joegrim said:

I have been unable to decline applicants on one of my 3 characters (the other two can decline just fine). Even though my workshop is level 2, the game will not allow me to exit tutorial mode for the workshop.

https://imgur.com/a/IKycyap

How do I end this frustration?

Have you submitted a ticket to support?
  • kazic#3018 kazic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having exactly the same issue. I have submitted a ticket.
  • gamewangamewan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same problem. Did not reproduce on my second character. Then later right after doing the quest for the level 3 shop upgrade I hired (by force of this bug) a fourth adventurer but it did not show in the list of adventurers so I cannot fire them. Though I can still send them on as job. I tried firing a different adventurer but now I have two adventurers listed for firing but 3 available for jobs. The unfireable adventurer also counts against my employee limit. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to upgrade to level 3 either? Finishing the level 3 shop upgrade quest didn't give me any upgrade options or any other information about upgrading.

I can live with the bug not getting fixed if someone would just clear the tutorial flag and delete the adventurer that I cannot fire.

If I had a test account I think I could figure out how to reproduce it. But it's way way too much work to delete one of my two characters and go through all the required training just for one shot at a test. I think it's probably triggered if you try to escape out of the tutorial and then come back and try to finish it. But there are a number of variations that would take weeks of training for each and every test.
  • joegrimjoegrim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am also having the issue of the artisan that I cannot see (and therefore dismiss) in my artisan management window, which I believe is a tailor in my case. I tried reporting the bugs in game but I couldn't really figure out how.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    When you are in game, and experience a bug you want to report,
    1. Push [Esc]
    2. Click on [Help]
    3. Click on [Report a Bug]
    4. Select a category (I assume Item because this is Crafting related - a little vague) Item will require an Item in your inventory from a long list that will extend below your window/screen height and provide no means of scrolling to the bottom with a mouse .... or select Graphics & Environment for a more subjective description.
    5. Select the same category using the pull-down at the top of the window panel.
    6. You can search for a similar problem, but likely will not be found. If so, click on the text field
    7. Click on the [Create New Issue] button on the bottom
    8. Type in your description, etc. and *** Get something to write down the number (notepad or paper)*** then click [Submit]
    9. After a moment an Issue/bug number will be displayed across your screen (and in your Log tab) ***MAKE A NOTE OF THIS NUMBER***
    10. Create a Forum Post following the instructions pinned at the top of this Forum category... start with the Incident/bug number you received, describe what you expected to happen, what did happen and anything that will help the devs duplicate what you experienced ... *** The more detailed the better ***
    11. Be patient

Hope that helps ... #11 is the hardest :-)
  • azophaelazophael Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have the same problem and I submitted it under UI. Because the UI is stuck in the tutorial.
  • siliconplayer#0816 siliconplayer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I also have this problem (stuck in tutorial, no decline option - at workshop level 3, character level 80, with at least one level 70 profession), on the new toon that I created after the Mod17 release, and my wife has the same problem on the toon she created at the same time.

We also both have toons that have a hidden artisan.

I did report the bug in-game.
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    If you have 1 space to hire them, you can hire then fire that artisan. It's not ideal but it's a work-around for you.

If you have 1 space to hire them, you can hire then fire that artisan. It's not ideal but it's a work-around for you.

Yep, that's what I've been doing. Not only is it not ideal, it's a PITA to do 5 times when 5 new applications are available, not to mention the risk of dismissing the wrong artisan because repetitiveness breeds carelessness. Also, it requires not taking that 20th good artisan (I guess that's sort-of made-up for with the extra hidden artisan on other toons at the moment).

The problem is fixed!