What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Community QoL Suggestions & Requests

Comments

• roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Legendary appearance skins for all companions plus additional companions:

Hellhound

Owlbear (replace Owlbear Figurine so that it is an actual summonable combat companion which would be more in-line with Acquisitions Incorporated canon. You could even name it Chippy as per Acquisition's Incorporated, which would be similar to other epic companions like Xuna, Celeste, etc.) It would grow in size as it's levelled up to the extent that having it a legendary tier it would be at or almost the same size as a mount. It would be freakin' awesome and would make the campaign worth more to acquired it while getting rid of the issues that have plagued this item since release from being underpowered to being overpowered to being abusable in PvP and PvE, etc.

Raven and/or Crow

Serpent

Bat/s
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on
    Toggle to increase threat range for all campaigns and queued content similar to Tarokka Card function in Barovian Hunts.
    Warlock Grimoire visuals.

Warlock Pactblade visual option to hold blade edge facing character or facing away (eg. Alabaster blade is embedded in Warlock hand graphically and looks like just by rotating the blade 180 the blade would not be embedded in the character's hand).
    More findable lore.

There are many language puzzles in-game but no means to translate, transliterate or decipher them. Perhaps add a racial aspect that characters know and have access to language of their race and thus could learn language from other races/players through interaction.
    More unbound Zen Shop items and Services.
    edited October 2019
    Toggle for friendly fire or some kind of modified friendly fire for queued content. (Bank Heist alludes to Jim Darkmagic's tendency to harm adventurers.)
    edited October 2019
    Vanity Pets have a huge amount of allocated slots that I can't even imagine ever filling but Professions Inventory has relatively so few slots compared to the number of possible resources in-game (I'm at or just under full constantly.)
    edited October 2019
    Make death more meaningful.

I recently became aware of a striking resemblance between Ryf, Lady of Sorrow and another similarly named and supersized wolf, yet player death in Neverwinter lacks the sense of loss that the other here-to-be-left-unnamed title implements. o.o
    Give Stronghold maps Scrying Orbs (and Achievement).
    Allow Guild Compose email more than once per day.
    edited October 2019
    Stronghold Plot resources can be distributed to other Alliance guilds (ie. Farm, Mine, Quarry, Lumberyard).
    Permit any Stronghold Boon Plot to be developed when Guild Hall is upgraded. (I'd personally have placed our Wizard's Workshop at a different location than it is but I wasn't given that option and there's no way I'd destroy it just to rebuild it again elsewhere unless we can get resources from destruction as an alternative option.)
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    1 - Have hidden/secret doors/areas on maps BUT randomise where and when they appear so it rarely happens twice the same way. NW lacks in exploration fun for the most part.

2 - Sell some type of add-on in the Zen (or another venue) shop that will block action point drain attacks. Or make it a part of VIP

3 - All appearance change of any armour/weapon to any other armour/weapon regardless of class.

4 - Have high level drops (purples) drop from normal critters/mobs but only very, very rarely. This would give players more incentive to finish old campaigns and make grinding more meaningful.

5 - Allow dyes appearance change of companion armour/outfits. (What? I like to match with my companion!)
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Splitting "cosmetic" from "functional" races (ie. human looking with dragonborn racial bonus), and do the same with gear (in other words: remove appearance from normal gear, making fashion only relevant).
  • akneth#7126 akneth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Don't know if this has been brought up by someone recently but,
    Way way way back in the day we had ECC and CC ect. Bring that system back so everyone BiS, casual, new players can at least play the content but as it was before the rewards are reduced for not being epic/master whatever they wanna call it
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    The most important thing i've waited for years.....

Give mail box a option to delete all read/empty mail ....
    Beeing able to transfer refinement points from one character to another would also be nice
    Oh and some sort of unbond token
  • llewellyn#4862 llewellyn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Please, make bonus ratings from bonding runestones and augments always active, unless the companion is dead.
    It's being SO ANNOYING losing ratings everytime you walk on stairs or your companion stay behind for any reason.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Please, make bonus ratings from bonding runestones and augments always active, unless the companion is dead.

It's being SO ANNOYING losing ratings everytime you walk on stairs or your companion stay behind for any reason.

Isn't it funny that people were looking forward to switching to augments because they got tired of their non-augment companions dying/falling off ledges/getting lost in limbo/not entering boss fights/etc and losing the bonding buffs....the more things change, the more they stay the same.
    edited October 2019
    Making PvE content more realistic by including a PvP aspect to it. There are many aoe powers yet none of them affect any "allies". Players of a high enough level could be argued to have a master control/skill in the use of their power/s but some I could never see as not being able to be isolated by targeting only critters or named enemies. In the heat of combat, I think even having players be required to successfully target an enemy with their single target attacks would make the game more engaging and interesting also. This would make purposeful "ally" backstabbing possible and not guarantee a run of the mill random game experience. Players could choose to enter public/random queues or stick to private pre-made grouping. This would make Guilds and Alliances more meaningful also. As to whether player kills would be rewarding to the killer, I don't know what to suggest, but at minimum that if you kill a player you cannot request reinforcements and cannot abandon an instance without the abandonment penalty already existing. I haven't delved deeply into this proposition but something along these lines would make Neverwinter more dynamic.
    edited October 2019
    Companions must be revived/resurrected by a player or get permadeathed for the duration of the instance. Please return this basic mechanism which apparently predates my experience with Neverwinter. What are Companions actually anyway? Are they ethereal spirits? Are they myrmidons? What is "summon companion"? On what basis was the decision to make them auto-resurrect implemented? This is a dumbed down mechanism I wish to see undone.
    edited October 2019
    Invisible walls inundate the zones of Neverwinter preventing Player, Companion, Critter and Named Critter/Boss deaths. I wish to see most if not every single one of them abolished/removed. Increase player creative gameplay options instead of forcing to hack and slash. One example I can give from long ago where there were no invisible walls yet the system still failed however and required instance abandonment: my early level character cleverly enticed a giant to fall of the bridge in Call to Arms: Battle for the Bridge, yet even though the giant fell and was no longer visible it wasn't considered dead and prevented progress for the skirmish. If a player fell off the bridge they were killed.
    edited October 2019
    Stealth and avoidance is an underutilised gameplay mechanic in Neverwinter that I think should be implemented. There are multiple scenarios I've encountered where I thought why must I hack-and-slash this, but I will describe only one to keep this post brief: It's not possible to make the first ascent in Fangbreaker Island dungeon by avoiding combat because there is a snow/ice blockade preventing player progress, yet there is no clear mechanism as to how the snow/ice blockade miraculously disappears after defeating the "requisite" critters. Fill in the blanks as to how the blockade is cleared or this kind of thing presents itself as super dumbed down gameplay. Don't leave everything to player imagination to fill in the blanks. Even as a warlock I was able to safely make it to the blockade without drawing aggro. Now perhaps it could be argued that if I needed an appropriate tool to shovel or could use a specific power to perhaps "repel" or melt the snow/ice that might draw aggro because of the sound, light, smell or sensitivity to force being used then so be it but just blocked leaves me unimpressed wishing for more.
    I've noticed that some augments have been downed/killed recently. I rarely use them but my impression was that they were allotted previously some kind of immortal/invincible status. I haven't yet taken the time to figure out how they take damage but I think if it's intended then that's a good mechanism to have implemented because I don't think they should get a special designation versus companions. If it's not intended but rather a bug that they incur damage then I thought to make this suggestion that they ought to incur damage and be treated no different than a companion.
    Cannot cancel a workshop crafting task because "Inventory is full" when the resources being used in the task are ones that I have in Inventory already AND not at a full stack is an absurd flaw.

There is a related issue as it pertains to items slotted in hotkey/utility slots and though I forget the exact details (I think it's related to loot collection) it's something along the lines that some transactions are prevented because "Inventory is full" yet the item's stack capacity in slot is not full.

Why must 1 empty Inventory space be required to "sort" items?!
This discussion has been closed.