test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still no new Master Crafting?

So as far as I can see there is still no new master crafting. Figured that in the mod 17 you would bring this back, you stated that you would be bring new stuff in your twitch streams. Would like to know why? Are you doing away with crafting?

Comments

• huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    no new mastercrafting in mod17 but from the sounds of the recent Q&A stream on twitch there may be some upcoming additions to crafting system but no additions to master crafting.
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User

IMO I think crafting should have a place but issues with this game is that players who MC, not all but a few, takes money out of Cryptic hands by selling the items for direct cash instead of selling them in game. This has been going on for quite a while; removing craft from the equation reduces the ability of players to sell items for actual cash.

Well if that is your reason for getting rid of crafting, then we should get rid of Lockboxes too cause players have been known to do that with Leg packs too. They do it with other rare items too. And lots of them get caught and perma-banned.

Also if you removed crafting all together what would you do for those, in your words the major percent of crafters, who have put in all that effort and money into crafting. Do they get their money, be it in game or real back?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    they made the decision (poor decision yet once again imo) to call this mod 17 instead of mod 16.b because it's "too confusing" forgetting about managing player expectations. they said before before mod 17.. but in reality this is mod 16.b not 17 even though that's what they are calling it.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

IMO I think crafting should have a place but issues with this game is that players who MC, not all but a few, takes money out of Cryptic hands by selling the items for direct cash instead of selling them in game. This has been going on for quite a while; removing craft from the equation reduces the ability of players to sell items for actual cash.

Really?

I guess you didnt bother to try go MC yourself and hate those who made that effort and are able to earn some nice chunk of AD from time to time?... I bet thats the case.... so you simply hate/rant here or what?

anyway.... ADs, Legendary mounts, even high level enchantments - yup those was part of real money trade in this game for like forever.

MC items was not - those simply got obsolete pretty fast and cheap even faster to make them worth taking a risk of get benned.
    Cant remember if there was single MC item I was using longer then 3-4 months, not to mention that atm none of those items is worth anythng, so.... stop that BS will you....

And belive it or not MC is one of the best ways of draining AD from a market and keeping economy healthy.

Besides if you claim about just few such players then you must know who they are - report them - problem solved.
    Banhammers for RMT works really well here. 2-3 years ago I started a day from putting like 10-20 AD/items sellers accounts to ignore list before I was even able to read zone chat - now its almost clear.

So I guess we need to remove highlevel bondings, radiants, Vorpal's and legendary mounts as those are real subject to RMT here...
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

they made the decision (poor decision yet once again imo) to call this mod 17 instead of mod 16.b because it's "too confusing" forgetting about managing player expectations. they said before before mod 17.. but in reality this is mod 16.b not 17 even though that's what they are calling it.

Yup, actually new race and change aperance system is pretty much all that this update (hard to call it a MOD really) will bring.

Yeah I do remember that there gona be new trail here - but for now it demands really high level characters to even enter there that for most of player base it wont be avilable, so there would be no new content for majority.

I was expecting more....
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    MC should be just killed.

Its the major factor for AD unbalance and market player manipulation and has to be adressed in a definitive way.

There are players with hundreds of million AD ( a few with over 1 Billion Ad.. ) mostly made with MC that can completly mess up auction prices whenever they want to.

One major rule that Cryptic didnt follow in the past is to never EVER allow player made gear to be the best gear in game. All MMOS got it, some through a painful process.

Glad they leaving MC where it should be.. in a freezing tomb.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

They stopped doing "b" mods a long while ago. Every new mod gets its own number.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    draugkir said:

Its the major factor for AD unbalance and market player manipulation and has to be adressed in a definitive way.

There are players with hundreds of million AD ( a few with over 1 Billion Ad.. ) mostly made with MC that can completly mess up auction prices whenever they want to.

One major rule that Cryptic didnt follow in the past is to never EVER allow player made gear to be the best gear in game. All MMOS got it, some through a painful process.

I somehow agree with you, crafted items never should be BIS, but also never should cost so much resources.

Having to spend lots of millions of AD unlocking all levels of MC was just a bad idea for me. Because something is put effort / time and other think is put a huge amount of money/AD in this.

But we are here already, we cant go back even if that was an error. If MC is dead people that spent resources will complain. I also spent lots of AD in some MC but didnt upgrade to 5 when I saw the cost.

If MC is again BIS, people will complain and rich will get richer.

But still you could think original crafting was good, but it was the same concept as MC. Just cheaper and more simple. Once you leveled profession to 20 you needed millions of AD in tools to make BIS shirt / pants.

The difference is that once you made the investment, you were in good place for a long time, and no RNG involved in upgrading professions. In MC you get obsolete faster because they increase the MC lvl faster, so is more expensive and more exclusive.

I leveled mastercraft until level 4 in some professions, but when I saw the cost to level 5 and the complexity the thing was acquiring, I bought the items I needed crafted by others instead of keeping my work on MC. That was enough for my economy and my brain. I dont play 10 hours a day to familiarize with every item / material / recipe.

Crafting should be something simple, I like the concept of different crafters with different stats, different tools etc. but I dislike that we have hundreds of materials / recipes / chain recipes / materials to craft materials etc.

I would like to run a dungeon and encounter a rare material (like we have with manticore hide or fartouched residuum) and then only with that material (or more) and AD, craft something good, variable (stats or effect), unique (and BIS if you have luck) like for example a dragon scale making a dragon armor to resist 20% fire dmg, or speed boots, or other unique effects, etc. This items could be Bound to Account to avoid speculation, but materials should be unbind.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited July 2019
    draugkir said:

Yes there are a few players like that, Slicky, Shift tricky, but they are a very very select few. In fact I can tell you cause I have seen screen shots from Shift Tricky, that he rarely if ever had the AD you think he did. It is a cycle they dump what they earn into other things like keys, or just plan items to pumps into coffers to earn the guild marks they need.

And your point of them being able to control the AD house isn't really true either. It is well known that players undercut eachother. The casual crafters far out number the elite, and they know to get you to buy their item they need to be the cheapest. Plus the high output crafters aren't stupid, they know most players are not super rich. If the prices were set too high they wouldn't make anything off of them. In fact they make far more having the prices be reasonable even if they are in the millions for 1 weapon

• ralcoonralcoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    draugkir said:

Master Crafting is taking a bigger hit than a freezing tomb. Level 71 to 80 crafting which does not require any Master Crafting allows everyone to make tools that are equal to legendary without the +5 bonus. They will be better than Legendary if they get the +1 verson. In two months my crafter will have three +1 tools of each type.

Level 10 potions will now be able to be made without any Master Crafting skill. There will not be any reason do even do any Master Crafting unless you want to make furniture for the stronghold. Better sell your ingredients now. They will have no value in three weeks.

Other effects of removing Master Crafting is there is no longer a need for resource charts that are purchased with guild marks and no need for double professions weekend any more.

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    And you need to find a way to motivate people to work on their Strongholds if the guild marks are worth next to nothing.
    If there is no need for any MW / explorer charts / MW structures guild marks will decrease in value even more.
    But since SHs are not really on priorities-lists it won't matter much, huh...
    Just filling up existing GH20 guilds with members for boons will be easier if theres fewer people playing this game, otherwise it would be smart to support the creation and upgrading of guilds instead of punishing it.

(I'm just salty that I actually bought a forgehammer a while ago :D)
    - bye bye -
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

And you need to find a way to motivate people to work on their Strongholds if the guild marks are worth next to nothing.

If there is no need for any MW / explorer charts / MW structures guild marks will decrease in value even more.

But since SHs are not really on priorities-lists it won't matter much, huh...

Just filling up existing GH20 guilds with members for boons will be easier if theres fewer people playing this game, otherwise it would be smart to support the creation and upgrading of guilds instead of punishing it.

(I'm just salty that I actually bought a forgehammer a while ago :D)

pvp has taken higher priority. my salt level is super high. I imagine that means my bloodpressure is as well.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I doubt that they will make mastercrafting obsolete, while mc might make an "imbalance" in the amount of ad between players, u could argue that casual players that don't have mc lvled can also benefit from the update. Speaking from experience, I've spent millions of ad on resources I needed to make items. Making ad through selling the resources to the crafters is very profitable speaking from personal experience, the crafters don't get to get those resources for free either, we either pay up or spend hours running around while everyone is running dungeons. Mastercrafters aren't the only ones that profit once mc gets updated.

Speaking from experience, I've spent millions of ad on resources I needed to make items. Making ad through selling the resources to the crafters is very profitable speaking from personal experience...Mastercrafters aren't the only ones that profit once mc gets updated.

I whole heartily agree. When the last set of weapons came out they were good, but not bis. Then the next thing we knew they got a boost and became bis. We had a lot of time before the next 2x prof hit then. I sent out a guild email looking for farmer. I paid them in ad for their time, and those who agreed to run double the maps I was asking for I made 1 full set of weapons of their choice. The result was great I filled all my spots, my guild got a lot of coffer donations which we used to finish off the last of our boons. The players got a very nice amount of AD for their time and to my surprise each farmer went over and beyond I even made a few extra sets for a few of them. That one event helped my whole guild a great deal